CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked up Somer Thompson's case. She was also murdered by an unknown predator. 50 LE worked her case. It's a different state, with different agencies, so it's not like the same people decided Jessica's case would get 200+ while Somer's case would get 50+. I'm just sharing incase anyone else was interested in seeing how many LE worked a similar case.

This actually (probably) underscores how safe it is in CO, that they were able to free up so much LE to work on it. THey can't do that in Detroit, you know? (Nothing against Detroit, it just popped into my head.)

Um, it IS dangerous. And it is freezing cold, snows all winter. The sun disappears. Sheer misery. I wouldn't venture anywhere nearby...

:floorlaugh: Uh, ya, that SO describes CO :floorlaugh: You must be afraid more people will move here once they hear how lovely it is.

Six cats where found mutilated in a Denver neighborhood back in August. If I mapped it correctly, the neighborhood is located not too far out of the way from the community college he attended.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/cats-found-decapitated-gutted-in-denver-yards

Four of the six cats were located in the area of 29th and Oneida Streets. I won't post name, but there is a person with same last name as AS that lives on 29th. Could just be coincidence, but thought I'd share. If they are related, he could have visited the person.

Bath salts, the street name for a very dangerous drug, methylenedioxypyrovalerone, also known as MDPV, is like speed to the 5th power. Very dangerous and potentially deadly. Avoid this stuff. Very bad stuff. Just google "bath salts."

For anyone who wants to find out how deadly bath salts are and WHY they have such a profound effect on the human brain check out this article: The Drug That Never Lets Go

The article is long, covers the history of the introduction of bath salts, the research into how it works, and a detailed but understandable description of the mechanism that lets bath salts completely mess up brains.

I grew up in the 1960s, had some contact with the drug culture of the 1970s, and I think bath salts are the most frightening drug I've ever seen. I used to think that about crack because of the addictive qualities, but the effects of crack are more predictable than the effects of bath salts.

Just a quick shout out to all our friends in the North Eastern US

Stay safe! If they tell ya to get out of dodge goooooo!
This storm is way out of Controll.
thoughts and prayers with you all!

This sounds like a case where AS clearly could have benefited from counseling at a young age and psychiatric intervention. He obviously was influenced by what he saw from his parents and such a young age. I know that this is a victim friendly forum, but it's still so shocking every time I hear of a kid killing another kid- especially so violently. It's so tragic that two young lives are wasted. Poor Jessica was taken away so violently and horrendously- for her family's sake and for respect for that angel, I hope the details never go public. And AS seems like he could have been smart, all that CSI interest, too bad he couldn't harness that positively and become a useful tool to catch bad guys instead of becoming a bad guy. It's a shame when a kid kills, and it's a disgusting and troubling thing when a child kills another child. One has to wonder, why? What went wrong? Who missed what signs? I saw on JVM the other day where students at his high school were interviewed and they just proudly said they bullied him. Maybe that compounded with what he went through as a kid? It still doesn't give him a pass. Or maybe no one noticed that he had a deep psychological illness. Maybe the biggest mistake that the adults in AS's life made was that they did not notice that he had a mental illness- and a poor little girl had to pay the price. Either way, he still made a horrible decision.

Uh guys. Not to be a negative nancy but ... we aren't supposed to post minors or people who are not named by LE.

so yes, there was animal abuse first:
:banghead:
"Last summer, their cat Chewie disappeared. They later found him cut in half along the footpath that runs behind their house. There's no telling what happened to the beloved family pet, but it's the type of incident that leapt to mind when they heard Jessica had been dismembered.

Bechtel told police about it."

Read more: Police strategy may have spurred mom of suspect Austin Sigg to call - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...d-mom-suspect-austin?source=pkg#ixzz2Ac0ZvhRU
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

I joined WS to learn about this case. The whole thing has made me rather depressed :( I don't know how you all manage to follow case after case. I enjoy the diverse theories and suggestions from all of the members though.

Thanks, Foxfire. I think that it's really strange that that story was never followed up on in the press. I wonder why. The person commenting had very little info to infer a "Jack the River Ripper" scenario was going on. This is a huge jump considering it was not reported as anything unduly suspicious, and one would assume it was an accidental drowning. Oddly, a little more than a year later, we have a "Jack the Ripper" type killer in Colo. The timing of this death was smack dab in the middle of the two Ketner Lake attacks. There's a video at this link, which includes a description of the area as "a popular hiking trail." The place where the body was found is 10 miles from ARS's house.
PS I think the gentleman from the Platte was probably not related.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/06/29/womans-body-found-on-hiking-trail-in-wheat-ridge/

Spamelope, yw.. I was curious about the silence in that investigation and the 'Jack the Ripper' comment also. Was this the reason for the tremendous amount of resources utilized in Jessica Ridgeway's abduction investigation?

So many ironies in this case, imo. Prolly the most ironicic of all is that Colorado is one of only 6 US states that has refused passing Jessica's Law..

Don't like to make predictions, but Colorado State Legislators will be running over themselves to be the first to introduce a Jessica's Law Bill in the next Legislature session(and maybe before/special session).
Personally, I would like to see the names of those Legislators who voted it down posted on the front page of all Colorado Newspapers and be the Lead story on MS Media; TV, etc..

http://www.billoreilly.com/jessicaslaw
(snipped-read more)(Map of states that have refused to pass Jessica's Law at link)

Many states don't protect children from sexual predators and allow these criminals back on the street to commit these crimes again. There have been despicable cases all across America in which girls and boys have been raped, abused, and even murdered - often by serial sex offenders who had been released by authorities after serving short prison sentences.

Here are just a few of the more egregious examples:
In Rhode Island, 18-year-old Josh Maciorski was convicted of having sex with a 13-year-old girl, but sentenced to probation. Two years later he molested a 14-year-old girl and served just one year. Then, when he got out, Maciorski raped a 16-year-old girl. His sentence after this third strike - an unbelievable three years in prison.

In Missouri, 19-year old Darrell Jackson pleaded guilty to repeatedly sexually abusing a little girl, beginning when she was just eight. But when Jackson came up for sentencing, a soft judge gave him four months in prison and five years probation.

In Minnesota, Joseph Duncan stood in front of a judge, accused of molesting a young boy. Despite the fact that Duncan had previously served 16 years for raping another young boy at gunpoint, the judge released him on just $15,000 bail. Duncan promptly skipped bail and headed for Idaho, where he allegedly kidnapped, raped, and killed a 9-year old boy, molested his sister, and killed their family.

These outrageous crimes could have been prevented, which is why I am calling on every state in the union to pass a version of "Jessica's Law." The legislation is named after little Jessica Lunsford, who was just nine when her life was brutally ended by a sexual predator who had previously been convicted of sex crimes against a child. The crime forced Gov. Jeb Bush and the Florida legislature to mandate stiff minimum sentences for child abusers, who had all too often been slapped on the wrist by lenient judges.

There is simply no question that Jessica's Law will save lives, and similar laws need to be instituted in every state. Which is why we at The Factor have been putting pressure on Governors. Now it's your turn. We have investigated all 50 states to determine which ones are tough on sexual predators and which ones treat these criminals with kid gloves. You can find out where your state ranks elsewhere on this web site. If your state is soft or noncommittal, I urge you to write your Governor, who is paid by YOU. Please tell him or her, in your own words, how important this issue is to you - and remind the Governor that all politicians are ultimately accountable to you and your fellow voters.

This is literally a life-and-death battle to save our youngest and most vulnerable citizens from abuse, torture, and murder. I hope you'll do your part.

Also from your link Absentia:

"Law enforcement sources told The Post that investigators discovered a wooden cross with Jessica's dismembered body shortly after it was found Oct. 10 near a culvert in Pattridge Park Open Space."

Which makes sense since LE photographed the cross the morning of the llth.

:welcome5: Akweks!

I hope you will add your own thoughts and theories.

Um, it IS dangerous. And it is freezing cold, snows all winter. The sun disappears. Sheer misery. I wouldn't venture anywhere nearby...

uh, no, that'd be Seattle. As far as the sun disappearing....Colorado has 300 days of sun, I'm told.

I noticed that AS shared an interest in drag racing with the friend who may have posted the obscene video about JR. At least we have seen that video of AS at his dad's race, and the friend also "likes" drag racing.

so yes, there was animal abuse first:
:banghead:
"Last summer, their cat Chewie disappeared. They later found him cut in half along the footpath that runs behind their house. There's no telling what happened to the beloved family pet, but it's the type of incident that leapt to mind when they heard Jessica had been dismembered.

Bechtel told police about it."

Read more: Police strategy may have spurred mom of suspect Austin Sigg to call - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...d-mom-suspect-austin?source=pkg#ixzz2Ac0ZvhRU
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Interesting: 'Now we know the cross was found at the Arvada, body/torso dump site'

Another excerpt that concerns me was: Westminster Investigator Trevor Materasso said later that police saw a spike in tips after the release, but most were fixated on the cross style and not the distinct markings.

"Now that we know the cross was found at the Arvada, body/torso dump site and could have several meanings; remorse, taunting, etc."
Why the three etchings? Did siggs have 2 sidekicks/associates? Does the backwards Z have a biblical meaning, for instance; Gematria, the Jewish numerology? Imo, by researching Austin Sigg's computer, kindle, or books/novels, etc., the cross etchings meanings would be revealed...

"We really want people to look at the markings," he said.

Read more: Police strategy may have spurred mom of suspect Austin Sigg to call - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...d-mom-suspect-austin?source=pkg#ixzz2Ac6nFq5s

Six cats where found mutilated in a Denver neighborhood back in August. If I mapped it correctly, the neighborhood is located not too far out of the way from the community college he attended.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/cats-found-decapitated-gutted-in-denver-yards

I think it would be extremely unlikely he never practiced dismemberment on an animal. He likely did. Seems like he is a cat person as he had many cats.

I imagine all the neighbors are thinking back into missing pets. Indeed I would not be surprised if he started w pets when he was 10-11 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member