CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone asked about "trash" day. Trash day is Monday and most residents put there trash out on Sunday night - the night after the backpack was found. As far as I know there was no request not to put trash out or to do anything any different than usual that evening.

Also, as to a possible explanation as to the location of the backpack. If you were driving from the area of Jessica's home to the mountains North and West of Boulder and wanted to get to Highway 36 you would drive right past the neighborhood that the backpack was found in. In fact, the street that it was found on is the last right turn as you head North that is not a commercial area or a main street (i.e somewhat isolated). So, if you wanted to dump the backpack before getting to the highway this is the street you would turn on - throw it out the window - turn around and head to the highway. Obviously if it didn't show up until late Saturday night it doesn't explain the 24+ hour gap. Also, it was extremely cold and wet on Saturday during the day so I'm sure LE knows more about the condition of the backpack as this may relate to timing but I just want to make the point that the location might not be as random as some might think.

I don't usually do transcriptions because I am hopelessly slow at it. BUT, the shortened versions of what the Mom said don't satisfy me, so since I now have a computer that actually has sound that works, I listened to the interview myself and transcribed the following:

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/09/family-of-jessica-ridgeway-makes-first-public-statement/

Full Video: Family of Jessica Ridgeway makes first public statement
Posted on: 3:40 pm, October 9, 2012, by Will C. Holden, updated on: 04:01pm, October 9, 2012

Jessica Ridgeway’s mother talking about the morning her daughter went missing:

Sarah Ridgeway: This year, her friend J_____, his brother went to Middle School and so they made a plan, at 8:30, they were gonna meet every morning and walk up to the school and every afternoon she's walked with, I mean since the end of third grade she's walked home with all of the kids in the school. Well, not ALL the kids in the school, but all the kids in our neighborhood, there's a whole group of them that walk home. So, its been too quiet on the street too, I don't like that, I want the kids to be able to go out and play and be safe again.

Question: Take me back to last Friday morning, you know, the morning she left, was it a morning like any other morning?

Sarah Ridgeway: “It was any other morning. I came home and you know, her alarm goes off at 7:45. She wanted an alarm clock so she could get up on her own. So, her alarm clock goes off and she comes down, and she watches TV, and she eats her granola bar, goes up and gets dressed, comes down and we peel oranges for her snack at school. She fills up her water bottle. She does everything on her own because she wants to make herself look like she is a grownup. She wants to be a teenager before she’s a teenager. And, so, you know she gets ready and she gets dressed and she gets on her coats and I make sure she is going to meet her friend, because it is snowing, and her friend says 'yes, I am walking too' and I watch her walk out the door and I shut the door and that's the last time I saw her and I want her to come walking back through that door. We need her to walk back through that door.”

Revampz, the police have been saying from early on that they do have a witness who saw Jessica on her way to school that day. That sounds to me like someone other than Jessica's mother.

Whoever it is has not come forward in the media and I most fervently hope they do not. There's no point to narrowing down the potential area of abduction for the public.

I thought I read a "possible witness."

A few other points from local media that I haven't seen on here. LE have not discussed the contents of the back pack but they have made it clear that they believe that Jessica had changed her clothes and that also that we should be familiar with her pictures without her glasses. I think this leads to that the glasses and clothes she was described as leaving the house in having been found in the backpack. I'm not sure how else they would know this. Obviously, that is not a good sign. Let's all continue to pray

A few other points from local media that I haven't seen on here. LE have not discussed the contents of the back pack but they have made it clear that they believe that Jessica had changed her clothes and that also that we should be familiar with her pictures without her glasses. I think this leads to that the glasses and clothes she was described as leaving the house in having been found in the backpack. I'm not sure how else they would know this. Obviously, that is not a good sign. Let's all continue to pray

Excellent point, and WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS!

Relying on the published news reports, has it been determined if the backpack, water-bottle, and key-chain were found inside the paper bag?

I am interested in considering the question: if the items were left inside the paper bag, why did the person who placed the items inside the paper bag choose to place them in this sort of paper bag?

Lawn bags are available for sale at Home Depot and at Lowe's, both stores located not far from the location where the items were discovered.

(1) The Backpack.
Q #1: Were the items -- the backpack, water-bottle, and key-chain -- found inside the paper bag?

Q #2: If the backpack, water-bottle, and key-chain were found inside the paper bag, why would they have been placed inside the paper bag?

Q #3: If the answer to Q #1 is yes, (i.e., the items were found inside the paper bag), then:
(a) What kind of paper bag is the paper bag shown in the photograph?
Answer: A lawn-bag.

Q #4: If the answer to Q #1 is "no," then, what kind of bag is shown in the photograph?
Answer: A paper "evidence bag." (If interested, see google images and search "paper evidence bag;" there are images there of similar evidence bags presumably used by law enforcement."

The media has already said that LE placed the backpack inside a paper evidence bag.

I am confused...
but, I think there have been possibly mentions of two different friends on MSM...
"J", the boy she usually met at the park to walk with and an unnamed girl (Mom refers to her as "she") with whom she was supposed to be walking that morning...
maybe because it was snowing "J" got a drive and Jessica arranged to walk with her "girl friend"...but maybe they didn't walk all the way together (for whatever reason) and Jessica was left behind to walk on her own...? (see my previous post)...
It just seems that from what I am reading from the different articles suggests that the Mom really wanted to make sure that Jessica was walking with someone and Jessica opted to walk with a girlfriend (the LE witness), but they didn't go all the way together - this often happens with grade 5 girls where they split up/ have different agendas etc.
...maybe...?

I am confused...
but, I think there have been possibly mentions of two different friends on MSM...
"J", the boy she usually met at the park to walk with and an unnamed girl (Mom refers to her as "she") with whom she was supposed to be walking that morning...
maybe because it was snowing "J" got a drive and Jessica arranged to walk with her "girl friend"...but maybe they didn't walk all the way together (for whatever reason) and Jessica was left behind to walk on her own...? (see my previous post)...
It just seems that from what I am reading from the different articles suggests that the Mom really wanted to make sure that Jessica was walking with someone and Jessica opted to walk with a girlfriend (the LE witness), but they didn't go all the way together - this often happens with grade 5 girls where they split up/ have different agendas etc.
...maybe...?

I agree about this age splitting up, leaving someone behind, running ahead, etc - not realizing the reason that they should stick together. I speak from experience - as a preteen, I rode with a family somewhere, then saw some other friends, and rode home with them, not giving a second thought to what those first parents were going through (until I was home asleep, and they called my parents at 2:00am to tell my dad they had lost me at the concert and had sent several people back to search the premises again).

Kids don't have the judgement that adults do. And girls at that age can be finicky, clique-y, and all out unpredictable.

The backpack wasn't found inside a paper bag-it was placed in one by LE to preserve evidence.

Is this your opinion? or is this a fact that you've documented? Because the Boulder Daily Camera interviewed the man who found the backpack. I quote:

"The next morning, the man said he noticed the bag was still there and he and a neighbor checked it out." Boulder Daily Camera, 10-8-2012

Something about the body language of the presser reminds me of Kyle Horman, with Desiree, the dad, the stepmom, the stepdad... It was very telling from day one for many of us.

Jessica's mother and father are engaged in a custody battle. I'm thinking that there is probably some tension there.

If they were in perfect agreement, why would they be engaged in a custody battle?

Sadly, I agree. If the contents of the backpack contained her glasses and clothes, it's not a good sign. :(

Is this your opinion? or is this a fact that you've documented? Because the Boulder Daily Camera interviewed the man who found the backpack. I quote:

"The next morning, the man said he noticed the bag was still there and he and a neighbor checked it out." Boulder Daily Camera, 10-8-2012

No, it's not my opinion-it was clarified by LE at some point that the paper bag was an evidence bag (don't have the link on my fingertips, but it was in a previous thread)

The Daily Camera article uses the words "bag" and "backpack" interchangeably. Another example of sloppy reporting.

I just spoke with my daughter. She was taking her dog out for her walk after she got home from work. There is a helicopter circling Standley Lake over and over again. She was going to walk out there to see if they were dragging it but I told her to turn around as she said there were not many people out at all. She also said there is a very weird feeling in the air, it is overcast and quiet. usually people are everywhere jogging, running, walking dogs, bicycling, walking but she has only seen two people out. I told her to cut the walk short and get back home!
She told me she can't handle going to the vigil and will pray for Jessica in her own way.I agreed, I just want her home safe and sound with the door locked. I also told her if anyone knocked on her door saying they were the police not to let them in and to call the Westminster station to make sure they are who they say they are. She has a peephole but who knows.It could be anyone and I am just one of those scared mothers no matter how old my daughter is.
She also said there are signs no matter where you look, they are everywhere. In other words there is no way no one can not know this lttle girl is missing.
Oh please when I check on here tomorrow I hope there is some news either way.
We are all thinking of you Jessica. Please come home safe.

People around this area often refer to backpacks as a book BAG, that is what the man who found it meant. He was clear that he knew what it was and just thought that a kid had temporarily left it there and would come back to get it. If he had meant a large PAPER bag he wouldn't have assumed that it belonged to a kid who had left it while playing around the neighborhood.

jmo

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...eway-still-no-clues-after-3-days-of-searching

"When police arrived, the backpack was placed in a large paper bag to protect it for later analysis."

Running out the door, but wanted to add..... I saw a mom that was brokenhearted. :anguish: I didnt think that I heard her say that she had SEEN the friend, but only that she knew that the friend WAS walking, also.

Also, we live in Colorado and our school DOES charge to ride the bus. It just started this year. I think it is like 75 cents each way or something like that? That could definitely get spendy for those on a tight budget. And this is for those who are IN the bussing area, not out of the area. The districts budgets are tight, and they have to do what they have to do. If you are on public assistance or get free lunches, I think they will waive that for you maybe? I dont know as I drive my little girl to school each day. I am blessed that I am able to do so. :heartbeat:

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nation...-westminster-girl-shifts-after-backpack-found

When police arrived, the backpack was placed in a large paper bag to protect it for later analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva