CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot seem to figure out the logistics and probability of moving an alive child from Colorado to Maine in 36 hours.

After 3 days of investigation, we are confident parents are not involved. Focus shifts to unknown abductor. Per Materasso on 9News. What led you to clear parents? Won't be specific but could be LDT or talking to others about location of parents.

Why does the media always ask that question when they know LE is not going to elaborate. It really isnt any of the media's business how they were eliminated.

Isnt it enough that they say they are confident they arent involved?:banghead:

Abduction by an unknown suspect; sexual predator. Confident that Parents are not involved.
Tips coming in from across the nation.

Abduction by an unknown suspect; sexual predator. Confident that Parents are not involved.
Tips coming in from across the nation.

BBM

That statement just makes my heart freeze.

Jessica is in extreme danger if she is even alive now.

Are they not mentioning anything happening in Maine?

received many out of state tips and not any more important than others. Wants to keep/wants more local tips? Wants to keep focus on local tips? I will have to listen to get his exact words and meaning.

Whew, hectic and busy day. The ups and downs are tough; I can only imagine how it is for family. Prayers for them, Jessica, LE and searchers. Stepping away for awhile this evening. Hope there will be good news soon.

Gosh, sounds to me as though all they have been able to do is rule out family (yes, that is a big step, but still...)

BBM

That statement just makes my heart freeze.

Jessica is in extreme danger if she is even alive now.

Same here. I hope to God that that's not true.

Where are you, Jessica?

"Confidant" is a big word. I find it difficult to believe that a LDT (inadmissible in court) would make them "confidant". Makes me wonder if they haven't found something of importance, pointing to a random abductor.

Also, for those who know better than I, what would be the reason why they wouoldn't explain HOW the parents were eliminated? I can see then not wanting to discuss evidence, but why would saying they passed a LDT or whatver, be a big deal? I can guess maybe protecting their privacy but I'd assume they'd want people to know that about themselves.

Didn't get to see it, any more on Maine? Still trying to figure that all out. LE there seems reasonably confident that this was a good witness.

The reported sightings of Jessica Ridgeway in multiple states and as far away as Maine, illustrates the power of awareness due to MS Media and the internet. In the case of the Maine sighting, it was due to a web search.

http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/Possible-Jessica-Ridgeway-Sighting-in-Maine-173523921.html

According to Dexter Main Police Sergeant Alan Ginnell, a woman claimed she saw a girl that looked like Jessica at about 4 p.m. on Sunday in Dexter, about 30 miles northwest of Bangor, Maine.
The woman said the girl was in a light blue Buick with Colorado license plates. The car had roof racks but she did not see the license plate number.

The woman who called police said she did not know about the missing girl investigation until Tuesday when she was surfing the internet and saw the information about the search for Jessica.

Not one mention of it being a station wagon. I give up.....:banghead:

They should always put a pic up when describing a vehicle they want people to be on the lookout for.

I think the reporter asked if it could be a sex offender but I didn't hear the spokesperson say that.
I guess that where everyone's mind is headed due to past experience.

The family must feel enormous relief to hear LE state that they are confident that no family members are involved, especially Jessica's mom. Good to know LE can put all there focus now on finding her & finding the perp.

seems to me it's crazy that now a days there is a sense of relief when the LE say the parents aren't involved. but glad they have.

I think all Neighborhood Watch groups should collect money for every third or fourth house to have cameras facing the streets, at random...I can't believe nothing was caught on tape in this case, apparently. At least nothing useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kfran