CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems parents have been cleared but no answer given when asked about other relatives. :waitasec:

Won't/can't go there but something to keep in mind.

Other than that, no news whatsoever.

Why does the media always ask that question when they know LE is not going to elaborate. It really isnt any of the media's business how they were eliminated.

Isnt it enough that they say they are confident they arent involved?:banghead:

Trying to dig for more illuminating info/scoop. I have no problem with them asking.

"Confidant" is a big word. I find it difficult to believe that a LDT (inadmissible in court) would make them "confidant". Makes me wonder if they haven't found something of importance, pointing to a random abductor.

Also, for those who know better than I, what would be the reason why they wouoldn't explain HOW the parents were eliminated? I can see then not wanting to discuss evidence, but why would saying they passed a LDT or whatver, be a big deal? I can guess maybe protecting their privacy but I'd assume they'd want people to know that about themselves.

If they have other evidence from video, the bag, witnesses, cams, etc that someone else took her then, while they may not tell us those details, they will say that the parents have been ruled out.

seems to me it's crazy that now a days there is a sense of relief when the LE say the parents aren't involved. but glad they have.

Well, if parents are involved, the child is almost never alive, unless it is a clear custody dispute.

It really helps to see the parents eliminated. So many times no one can be eliminated and it weighs everything down.

The family must feel enormous relief to hear LE state that they are confident that no family members are involved, especially Jessica's mom. Good to know LE can put all there focus now on finding her & finding the perp.

huh? I heard only that the parents aren't suspected. :waitasec:

Didn't get to see it, any more on Maine? Still trying to figure that all out. LE there seems reasonably confident that this was a good witness.

Basically said all out of state tips being taken seriously and not one more important than others. IMO, he downplayed it and wants more local tips to come in.

He did not say "sexual predator".

Not his words, Seek&Find, but mine...

I actually don't believe that we learned anything new from the briefing other than the parents being virtually ruled out.
The Church Bells ringing was very inspirational.
Just a thought.. Wouldn't an investigator know not to schedule a presser during the exact time that the Church Bells ring? Guess, they are exhausted, both mentally & physically...

http://fightforjustice.blogspot.com/2005/12/roger- l-depue.html
Roger L. Depue “Between Good and Evil”

My job has been to try to stop human predators before they kill again, and after studying them so closely over so many years, to me their traits seem clearly recognizable.

Evil is more than a vague notion. It is an entity, and it is manifest on the earth. It has reflexes and intuition, senses vulnerability, and changes its form to adapt to its surroundings. Those who do not believe the Devil walks this earth have not seen the things that I have seen.

Evil is not a discrete entity that springs forth fully formed. It is born in the mind, takes root there as fantasy, and prospers when normal human restraint can no longer contain it. I have seen it devour the personalities of men like Richard Speck, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Ted Bundy, turning them into blank-faced sociopaths who clearly know right from wrong, but choose, time and again, to follow their own base urges, with complete disregard for the terrible human suffering they cause.

I believe that every act of homicide causes a slight unbalancing in the world, and that it diminishes life’s universal equation. In the interest of justice, it is imperative that someone try to right that imbalance. But the task of fighting evil can take a terrible toll on the people who are charged with it. It can cost them their families, their equilibrium, their capacity for joy.
Roger L. Depue retired FBI BAU Profiler

The family must feel enormous relief to hear LE state that they are confident that no family members are involved, especially Jessica's mom. Good to know LE can put all there focus now on finding her & finding the perp.

Just the parents have been confidently eliminated at this time. But that's great news. What a relief!

Hm. I didn't hear they cleared the whole family. I heard him reference Jessica's parents specifically. :waitasec:

Guess we'll all be looking for that too brief clip released on video soon!

"Confidant" is a big word. I find it difficult to believe that a LDT (inadmissible in court) would make them "confidant". Makes me wonder if they haven't found something of importance, pointing to a random abductor.

Also, for those who know better than I, what would be the reason why they wouoldn't explain HOW the parents were eliminated? I can see then not wanting to discuss evidence, but why would saying they passed a LDT or whatver, be a big deal? I can guess maybe protecting their privacy but I'd assume they'd want people to know that about themselves.

Probably alibi's that checked out. Also they probably narrowed down the timeframe of the backpack being dumped, and could account for the families whereabouts during that time.

I'm glad they have been cleared.

Only mentioned tips from Maine...nothing more. :frustrated:

He mentioned tips coming in from all over the US due to this case getting nationwide coverage. I think he named several states and downplayed that any of those were more important than others.

I think all Neighborhood Watch groups should collect money for every third or fourth house to have cameras facing the streets, at random...I can't believe nothing was caught on tape in this case, apparently. At least nothing useful.

This isn't a neighborhood that would have surveillance, IMO, unless one particular home had it for their own purposes (vandals, etc).

My town is particularly crime free and we just learned of two break ins (one into an unlocked car and one into an unlocked home while the family was asleep), AND a RSO who moved in 10 houses down. I swear, I'm buying a plot of land and building a house far far away.

Look at how many days pass before LE can say that the parents are cleared of suspicion. And look at all the information they have at their disposal to come to this conclusion.
Is it any wonder that we have questions ourselves, with just the small bit of information we have (like a video)?

The spokesperson seemed to be saying they are trying very hard locally. I wonder if they are still thinking that the most likely suspect is someone right there in their own community....

Stressed that the parents are cleared. Would not, could not discuss the rest of the family status.

Hm. I didn't hear they cleared the whole family. I heard him reference Jessica's parents specifically. :waitasec:

Guess we'll all be looking for that too brief clip released on video soon!

I've noticed a lot that you and I hear the same message. Knowing this helps me when I question what I just posted due to reading something different from someone else in the next post.

When do we think they'll get any info out on the backpack? Would they release info if there was something out of the ordinary found in the pack?

Something is weird about this whole thing. I can't imagine a person would abduct a child in such an easily identified car and then drive all the way to Maine with her sitting up in the car to the point that a woman could see her. Surely the perp would have heard the Amber alerts?

Something just seems off to me with the whole thing. The back pack etc. Seems like a very elaborate set up. Sending cops in all sorts of directions. I can pretty much guarantee he's changed cars by now.

Also the pix they have up on the Amber Alert is much younger with a totally different hairstyle than the recent picture with the dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member