CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know who the boy is that had bruising on his eye at the family media interview is?

I'm wondering this too. The article under the family video had a statement in it that J had arranged to meet her male cousin everyday at 8:30 and walk with him to school. Then it changed to J's friend and/or friends.

Where did reporters pull that comment from as it does appear in print. Yet no mention of this by mom during the presser - just J's friend who was walking too.

I don't believe children or teens would put the backpack where it was found. More likely, would have rummaged through it, tossed things about or taken them, or handed it over to their parents. IMO, it was left by the perp, perhaps in haste, without any hidden message other than to get it away from where she was taken. I think the idea of perps playing cat and mouse games with police is more TV than real. I know it happens, but not as much as it seems to come up, IMO. Most perps just want evidence away from their car and person.

Nursie asked us yesterday after the family interview not to discuss all the other relatives that were just sitting there.

oops. okay but I do feel this could be important to keep in mind. When info is omitted or left unexplained, it registers hinky to me.

Will you give an example of what this could mean? Not to keep looking versus being aware of what's around you?

I went back and listen to the updates about the backpack. The police man just talked briefly about the find. However, I heard him say be more aware of what's out there or something similar to that.
I didn't hear them say anything about keep calling in all tips.

Something is weird about this whole thing. I can't imagine a person would abduct a child in such an easily identified car and then drive all the way to Maine with her sitting up in the car to the point that a woman could see her. Surely the perp would have heard the Amber alerts?

Something just seems off to me with the whole thing.

something is very hinky to me. i cannot pinpoint what.....but something is.

i personally do not believe the suspect nor jessica is or was in maine. as i said earlier, the logistics of it does not make sense. HOW do you keep a child cooperating w/out making a scene while driving over 2000 miles and needing gas and potty breaks and....no sleep?

the only way i could see that working is if there was a 2nd person and they had a super sonic high mileage car o.0

i believe the maine "sightings" were just sightings of a child who looks like jessica.

i still believe the suspect lives nearby and possibly knows the family in some capacity....

I don't think it makes sense considering how close it was to the original location. The perp had no way of knowing the mother hadn't answered the phone. 6 miles is very much nearby. If someone redumped the backpack later then it makes sense.

I don't see how a stranger abductor is going to cover his butt by dropping the backpack elsewhere the next day. If he had done it right afterward I could see it.

Then again maybe teenagers found it or someone found it and didn't want to get dragged into the whole mess.

Are cars parked on that street could the backpack been between cars all weekend
Or trash cans?

Sorry for any confusion I caused when I said LE cleared "the family" during today's press conference. I am sure those of you who pointed out LE stated they are confident "the parents" are not involved are correct. The last thing I want to do is put out inaccurate info in a situation where a child's life is in danger, so thanks!

I am always interested is seeing how we all interpret things so differently, so I went to watch the majority of the interview with the family. The young boy with the black eyes? I watched him very closely and he is very attentive throughout the whole interview with his eyes on the interviewer when he speaks, and the only time I really saw him smile was when someone was saying something endearing about Jessica or something about the type of family they are. Very, very appropriate, in my opinion.

Does anyone know how many missing in the last few years have been found in a car or truck they were seen in or a strange car or truck in the area?

When I'm out I always look around my surroundings in my travels. Now that I'm thinking about it I never looks for the cars or trucks they tell you to be on the look out.

something is very hinky to me. i cannot pinpoint what.....but something is.

i personally do not believe the suspect nor jessica is or was in maine. as i said earlier, the logistics of it does not make sense. HOW do you keep a child cooperating w/out making a scene while driving over 2000 miles and needing gas and potty breaks and....no sleep?

the only way i could see that working is if there was a 2nd person and they had a super sonic high mileage car o.0

i believe the maine "sightings" were just sightings of a child who looks like jessica.

i still believe the suspect lives nearby and possibly knows the family in some capacity....

I dont find anything hinky.It is another tragic case showing how someone can quickly kidnap a child right in broad daylight.

But I do agree I dont think the Maine sighting is going to pan out.

This case has pedophile written all over it imo.

Imo it is most likely someone from the area where she was abducted.

Sometimes the child or family can know the perp but not on a personal basis. Such as a neighbor that just says 'hi' in passing...etc. I dont even classify that as an aquaintance. Just known by sight.

It could be a stranger too because pedophiles do cruise areas where children congregate. So I wouldnt rule out that a stranger pedo may have been watching for a few days even in the park area.

I read on a site today that when children are abducted or if it was an attempted abduction 70% of the time it happens when the child is on the way to school or coming home from school.

IMO

I really believe if anyone had found the bookbag and then placed it there they would have come forth by now. Iirc, LE has already said if someone had the bag they would not get in trouble.

6 miles is a pretty far way away from where she missing. They may have had the bookbag in their car and knew they had to get rid of it in case they were stopped by police. In Sierra Lamar's case the suspect put her purse two miles away from her home. I am sure he thought that was far enough away but he was mistaken.

I really think the person connected to this crime put it there. I really cant see anyone else doing it. If a kid found it all they had to do is turn it in and nothing would happen to them. In fact they would be thanked for turning it over.

I think they placed it there because maybe they knew school stuff was left scattered in that area.

I do think they are familiar with that area but also may be familiar with the area Jessica was abducted from too.

Sorry but it still doesn't make any sense to me. What person is going to risk dumping a back pack of a known kidnapped child in the middle of a neighborhood street? Everyone has cameras on their cell phones nowadays, it could take seconds for someone to see it and snap a picture of the license plate. I mean if they had to get rid of the bag why not drive into a wooded area and toss the bag into the bushes? Pull over on the side of a bridge and toss it over or on the side of a highway and toss it down an embankment?

Six miles is enough of a distance that the child could have wandered lost. So if they wanted to change the point of abduction they could have gotten her in one place, driven her somewhere else and dropped the bag off to throw off the police.

Then someone comes along and finds it and picks it up. We don't know who picked it up. For all we know a RSO could have picked it up which would have put the spotlight on him.

It just makes no sense that the bag was left when it was and that the person was in another state days later. There's no reason for that bag to have ever been "found" in the place it was found unless the perp wanted to make it look like she was abducted somewhere else.

I just thought of something else. These days it is very easy to find out the location of RSOs and this can be used as a smoke screen to throw off the cops. I'm willing to bet that the perp dumped the bag near a RSO's house that he researched on the computer. That's what Metawala's mom did as well. She left her kid sitting alone in a car right outside the home of a RSO.

I mean this as delicately as possible. If someone did something to her, they could have easily forgotten about her backpack and decided to ditch it where ever they happened to be when they discovered it in the car. They could have feared for a cellphone or whatever and dumped the bag immediately.

God, I just want Jessica found safe. I don't want to have to think about these things. This kept me up last night. :(

I believe I've missed something somewhere. Above, some are referring to Sandy, wondering who she is. Where did this name come from? I didn't see any mention of this person anywhere, so why are people asking about her?

Also, I see above that someone mentioned that re. the backpack, she thought it was most likely someone wanting to get evidence from his car, as opposed to a taunt. I would agree with this in most circumstances, but if one is trying to rid evidence, I can't imagine he'd toss it out in a neighborhood, and it just happen to land upright. I do agree that it seems uncommon to have one taunting with LE. It just seems to "placed" there though....

If someone is brazen enough to kidnap a child in broad daylight, with the morning hustle and bustle, I'm sure he's brazen enough to dump a schoolbag on a sidewalk. JMO.

Sorry but it still doesn't make any sense to me. What person is going to risk dumping a back pack of a known kidnapped child in the middle of a neighborhood street? Everyone has cameras on their cell phones nowadays, it could take seconds for someone to see it and snap a picture of the license plate. I mean if they had to get rid of the bag why not drive into a wooded area and toss the bag into the bushes? Pull over on the side of a bridge and toss it over or on the side of a highway and toss it down an embankment?

Six miles is enough of a distance that the child could have wandered lost. So if they wanted to change the point of abduction they could have gotten her in one place, driven her somewhere else and dropped the bag off to throw off the police.

Then someone comes along and finds it and picks it up. We don't know who picked it up. For all we know a RSO could have picked it up which would have put the spotlight on him.

It just makes no sense that the bag was left when it was and that the person was in another state days later. There's no reason for that bag to have ever been "found" in the place it was found unless the perp wanted to make it look like she was abducted somewhere else.

The same one who took the high risk of kidnapping a young child in broad daylight. These kind of perps are some of the highest risk takers there are. Maybe that is part of the thrill.

IMO

The same one who took the high risk of kidnapping a young child in broad daylight.

IMO

Kidnapping a kid is a lot easier than driving around with the kids items in your car and dumping it in front of someone's house days AFTER the Amber Alert has gone out and cops are crawling over the neighborhood looking for her.

If someone is brazen enough to kidnap a child in broad daylight, with the morning hustle and bustle, I'm sure he's brazen enough to dump a schoolbag on a sidewalk. JMO.

Exactly, Scout!

They are a breed all their own.

Kidnapping a kid is a lot easier than driving around with the kids items in your car and dumping it in front of someone's house days AFTER the Amber Alert has gone out and cops are crawling over the neighborhood looking for her.

The backpack was left six miles away and cops were not crawling over that neighborhood.

The backpack was left six miles away and cops were not crawling over that neighborhood.

You are right on point Suzi.

While LE had their attention else where he dropped the bag six miles away and moved on.

imo

Six miles is enough of a distance that the child could have wandered lost. .

Not here. Between her house and the bag drop is just giant highways without sidewalks, or vast wilderness. It just isn't possible a child wandered between the two. It was driven there. Who when from where why are the questions.

It could've been biked also, I guess. probablly not by a child, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayjay23