CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm behind a page or two. Anybody have ideas as to why a road block has been set up surrounding J's neighborhood?

Does that indicate they don't want anybody to leave the neighborhood without LE knowing? Maybe LE has a suspect.

I'm behind a page or two. Anybody have ideas as to why a road block has been set up surrounding J's neighborhood?

Does that indicate they don't want anybody to leave the neighborhood without LE knowing? Maybe LE has a suspect.

Maybe. Or maybe to keep press away from the family?

I so hope this isn't Jessica, but I'm afraid it is. I know this isn't LE confirmed, so take it for what it is-a mainstream media article, hopefully getting bad info.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...ridgeway-case-we-think-that-she-was-abducted/

"However, three sources told ABC News that investigators have reasons to believe it is the body of the 10-year old who vanished last week on her walk to school, stressing that a positive identification will take time."

I'm in tears for her, her family, for Elizabeth and Lyric- I pray LE has a suspect and are going to make an arrest tonight!

Channel 9 news was reporting live from in front of Jessica's house a few minutes ago.

The IHOP on 120th and Sheridan? All I can say is thank you. I smiled as I walked into IHOP. Just knowing there were more people out there thinking of her and doing what they could to bring her home safely warmed my heart. I am so glad I hadn't read this update prior to going in there for dinner.

Nope not that one. The one in Superior. I'm glad there were flyers in that one too.

After being a diehard Nancy Grace fan, I now admit and realize how woeful it is to have a show about the missing and it be on tape delay....how wonderful it would have been for folks to hear from her that the parents are not suspects.....not trying to bash her show but I see now how behind she was on the breaking news all those many nights I counted on her to update me.

Little Jessica you sure are on my mind baby.

In my opinion, NG's frequent use of words like "bombshell" and "breaking news" give uninformed viewers the impression her show is taped live and close to the time of said news.

As for her intent in using those terms, I refrain from speculating.

But even the earliest reports said they were a couple, so there was an indication from the beginning. It was equally clear that he was a suspect from the beginning.
SBM

For the third time, I'm not sure why Kayleah flashed into my mind. No, the initial reports were Kayleah was walking to a friend's birthday party and disappeared. There may be nothing else similar beyond walking, in CO, preteens in a hurry to grow up, and far too young to die.

Twelve YO Greeley Girl Vanishes While Walking to Birthday Party

Not sure that the lockout at the elementary school would be related to a suspect. They would have to be old enough to drive.

I am wondering about the geocatching sites. I too think the backpack was left to be found.

Either someone took it over to the school and they didn't let the person in because they weren't a parent so they just walked back and left it where they found it. Or it was placed there Sunday.

Geocaching sites are ones that can be looked up online. Maybe there was something left in the backpack

what are the zip codes of these locations?

Found a site, any of you who live there, is there a match? On the location of the body and a geocache?

http://www.geocaching.com/local/default.aspx?state_id=6

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?lat=39.819962&lng=-105.110975

How horrible would that be that someone would leave a bookbag with "geocaching" connections to a site at the school, (which someone in LE was smart enough to figure out), and then the "find" at the school geocaching site led to the location of the body? I honestly can't think of any other reason the school would have been on lockdown. In any case, I am just heart broken - but I want answers, and I want justice for this beautiful child. Oh so horrible!!!! Why???

Did LE find the body based on a tip or did a citizen come upon the body?

Did anyone else notice the child behind Jessica's mother in the interview had a black left eye and what looked like a bruise extending over the bridge of the nose? I think it was a boy, but don't know for sure.

How do we know they didn't see it? IIRC there was talk by the person who emailed it in saying that there was stuff laying around all the time. So, maybe it was there and nobody thought anything of it at the time. Possible maybe. (Actually definitely possible, as this summer there was a little pink backpack sitting at the corner of the street nearby my house for 3 days. I knew who it belonged to and that they were accounted for, but it was interesting to see how long it was there for.)

The guy who saw it seemed pretty definite it was not there at 6:30 pm on Saturday but he did spot it coming home at 1:00 am. When it was still there midmorning on Sunday, he put a 'found' notice on the neighbourhood listserv.

My personal conclusion is that he sounds like an observant witness, at least in this matter. He may not be up-to-date on news developments but that's different from observing his own environment.

I can't post specific scanner posts here but if you go to the scanner thread from appx 450pm to 515 today I think you will know she was found today. It was just hard to put together what they were saying before the announcement.

My heart breaks for the family of this poor soul that was thrown out along side the road. I am so :furious::furious: that someone can be so cruel. I am so glad to be here with caring, loving and supporting posters. I come and go from here because sometimes I can't personally deal with all the heartbreak and sadness but I come back because of all my friends here. Thank you all for your love and support for all crime victims and their families. I can't stop crying....

News9 just said FBI showed up immediately after LE was there.
No word from ME
Westminster PD very careful not to say much esp. if the deceased
is Jessica,
Grief counselors being placed at school tomorrow.

I don't know how much longer I can read on this thread so I want to take a minute now to say thank you to all the locals. Whether you joined search parties, hung fliers, attended vigils or simply posted here to give the rest of us more insight into Jessica's world please know that your time was greatly appreciated. I wish we could all gather together to welcome Jessica home. That we could all hug her mother and promise to stay strong with her as she helped her daughter heal but it would appear that all that is left for us to do now is tirelessly seek justice for this precious child and once again that burden is going to fall mainly on the shoulders of you locals. I'm so sorry that this tragedy has struck your community but each of you have proven you won't sit down and do nothing about it. My heart goes out to you as you fight to take back a little of what this monster stole last Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Channel 9 news says that counselors are on standby at Jessica's school.

Ugh, I don't know if it is too early for this. But looking at the video is appears that the ground dips below the fence right at the spot the body was found at, making it easier to crawl under it. The ground also creates a sort of cradle so that the body would lay below the level of the road. I'm not sure if this would make it harder to see, making the spot a quick way to hide a body, or if there was zero attempt to hide the body at all - especially so close to the road.

9news says counselors have been asked to be onsite at Witt Elementary tomorrow. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery