CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for clearing it up- really! I could really confuse it all when we also lived in unincorporated Boulder County- but it was Broomfield. Only section of BC that didn't incorporate into Broomfield.

It's also confusing to outsiders about the garbage collection- here where I live now they have ONE waste management- that's it. In Colorado we had our choice- so many independents. People were posting about garbage day and I'm going -well- it could be nearly ANY day...

And then there was the Open Space discussion.... ;) Colorado is really unique. I'm very, very sad to read about Westminster in the news this way. My heart is certainly with you all and with this precious girl and her family.

Oh my God.... I am just heart broken! This child was pure light and goodness. What kind of monster destroys that? I hate this, and I wonder yet again, why I follow these cases and get so emotionally involved. God Bless you Jessica... I am so sorry for what happened to you. I will cry, and cry, and cry, and cry. My family will look at me again, as if I am crazy, and I will cry some more. Then.... I will follow to see that justice is done no matter what it takes. My heart hurts so bad right now.

If this is Jessica, she was not destroyed, no matter how her murderer might have tried. He may have harmed her vessel, but she is in heaven right now, laughing, loving, and smiling. The tears and pain are felt by us, not her, IMO.

But those driven by evil can find perverse joy in trying to snuff out good and innocence. They will be held to account.

Just as I believe with Sierra, the backpack could have been the last bit of evidence they dumped, probably with clothing in like Sierra's. If so, even more belief for me that this is a local, and he was going home and saw he had the bag, and did not want to leave it anywhere near his own neighborhood.

You know I love you Clu, but I just don't get it. Why not toss it in a dumster, pull some trash over it and never worry about it again? Toss it in a lake? Throw it down a ravine where everyone else dumps their trash? and so on...

I am so NOT big on these big elaborate nefarious CSI/Criminal Minds style theories, those who follow me on here I'm sure know this by now, because my life experience has shown me that most of the time things just aren't like the t.v. shows. However, here (and in Sierra's), I really feel the bag(s) was planted on purpose.

So sorry Jessica. I posted last night saying "it is hard to be 10" and now I feel bad. That is all you will ever know. I am so sorry. So much ahead for you. First crush, boyfriend, dances, driving, everything. Makes me so angry and sad. A mine shaft on a cold day is the last place you should ever be and right now I have no words for how I feel about the person who did this. Loathing is too soft. Hate is too light. Jessica, I am so sorry this happened to you and your family. Her poor father. And mom too but watching her dad made me teary.
That is all I can say. I can't imagine what else to say.

Do wild animals wander the area where the body was found?

You know I love you Clu, but I just don't get it. Why not toss it in a dumster, pull some trash over it and never worry about it again? Toss it in a lake? Throw it down a ravine where everyone else dumps their trash? and so on...

I am so NOT big on these big elaborate nefarious CSI/Criminal Minds style theories, those who follow me on here I'm sure know this by now, because my life experience has shown me that most of the time things just aren't like the t.v. shows. However, here (and in Sierra's), I really feel the bag(s) was planted on purpose.

I don't know...items turned up like this in Sierra's case, Holly's case, and now this case, and maybe others I am forgetting. I think if anything it is a panic thing, to leave it somewhere away from the body and away from the home, but not so much a taunting thing. It may look more obvious to risk being seen putting something like that into a dumpster, which are generally near public areas.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned: Leyden Road has been closed to all but local traffic for construction all summer. I know because we were researching Arvada and Colorado history and wanted to drive down it between Indiana and Hwy 93, but couldn't. It's closed beginning at Quaker and all the way to 93, and that was still true as of a couple of weeks ago (I was coming up 93 from Golden and looked, because I would have driven back that way just to drive through the canyon to get to my house).

I'm sure the perp knew that.

I also saw a news report that said 93 is closed in both directions near the area currently, so they are working much closer to Hwy 93 than Indiana.

And like Eesti, I'm just horrified. These are all areas that I regularly run and bike in, and all of it is just miles from my own house.

Yes, I' m in CO, followed her case, even flew over the area at the time. I'm not sure why she came to mind, beyond Jessica's mom saying she was in a hurry to grow up, and Kayleah was 12 with a 17 yo "boyfriend."
But even the earliest reports said they were a couple, so there was an indication from the beginning. It was equally clear that he was a suspect from the beginning.

It was reported early today that the lockout was due to a "fake" explosive device that was found in the area.....in some sort of a donation bin IIRC.....
That was Thornton--east side of I-25, nowhere near the Jeffco schools.

Again, there's nothing good going on when any school in Jeffco is on lockout. I've never seen them do it just because law enforcement is in the area. Yes, that's the story they told, but I'm pretty sure they were worried about someone entering the school while they canvased, whether because they were flushed by law enforcement or for other reasons.

If the perp is the same that abducted the Wyoming girl and she kicked him in the nose then he'd have black eyes and bruises??? Wouldn't he?

I posted that flyer at the IHOP

The IHOP on 120th and Sheridan? All I can say is thank you. I smiled as I walked into IHOP. Just knowing there were more people out there thinking of her and doing what they could to bring her home safely warmed my heart. I am so glad I hadn't read this update prior to going in there for dinner.

Marc Stewart KMGH ‏@MarcKMGH

Breaking: access to #jessicaridgeway family's neighborhood now restricted. @DenverChannel

Marc Stewart KMGH ‏@MarcKMGH

Blockade in front of #jessicaridgeway neighborhood. @denverchannel http://pic.twitter.com/kukv9uCR

Good! Now the "reporters" won't be able to take a poparazzi style picture from their cell phone, for the entire world to critic a mother/father, how they walk, why they are outside, too emotional, not enough emotion etc...

Good job LE!! Prayers to Jessica's parent's! May God hold you in his arms and comfort through this difficult evening. :heartbeat:

I am wondering about the geocatching sites. I too think the backpack was left to be found.

Either someone took it over to the school and they didn't let the person in because they weren't a parent so they just walked back and left it where they found it. Or it was placed there Sunday.

Geocaching sites are ones that can be looked up online. Maybe there was something left in the backpack

what are the zip codes of these locations?

Found a site, any of you who live there, is there a match? On the location of the body and a geocache?

http://www.geocaching.com/local/default.aspx?state_id=6

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?lat=39.819962&lng=-105.110975

I think in retrospect it is clear the body was found around 320pm today. Can't give specifics but if you go to the last few scanner pages you will see where it is all coming together.

Actually, OtherEyes pointed out the time zone differences. I'm in Central time so the time may be off by an hour.

Also, I would agree the bag was placed on purpose. And that terrifies me.

There's more than plenty of open space and places to dump a backpack someone doesn't want found within a half-hour drive of Westminster. I think the perp is putting the entire Louisville/Superior/Westminster/Arvada/Golden area on alert or throwing down a challenge or something just awful.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned: Leyden Road has been closed to all but local traffic for construction all summer. I know because we were researching Arvada and Colorado history and wanted to drive down it between Indiana and Hwy 93, but couldn't. It's closed beginning at Quaker and all the way to 93, and that was still true as of a couple of weeks ago (I was coming up 93 from Golden and looked, because I would have driven back that way just to drive through the canyon to get to my house).

Leyden road was opened to traffic about a week ago. Right now it's closed again with a police roadblock at Quaker avenue.

I am wondering about the geocatching sites. I too think the backpack was left to be found.

Either someone took it over to the school and they didn't let the person in because they weren't a parent so they just walked back and left it where they found it. Or it was placed there Sunday.

Geocaching sites are ones that can be looked up online. Maybe there was something left in the backpack

what are the zip codes of these locations?

It sure sounds like there was something left in the backpack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member