CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am catching up on this case. Can someone please explain why posters keep mentioning geocaching?

I believe it all started because someone did a search on google of the area and geocaching popped up and then it went from there. Please correct me if I'm wrong anyone!

Using the coords given a few pages back, the closest cache is .4 miles away (which is a long way really) and most of them out in that area don't get hit very often. Also noted that the road was open to the park as of 9/11 per the cache pages that were found.

I think this is just one that a statement was made and next thing you know we've got coords being placed in the backpack...

When I first saw the 7:30 presser news of a body being found, my first thought was Westminster PD was announcing it before rumors ran wild and had hope it was not her. With the additional comments about the counselors being available to students tomorrow, the blockade/restricted access to her neighborhood, and the jurisdiction of Westminster PD within the county yet they are on the scene in another town makes me feel like it is her. :( </3 I wanted it to be different for once.

I think she meant the perp has to be old enough to drive.

I keep wanting to say "they" when I think of who left her and the book bag. I'm picturing a pair of boys about high school age. I don't know where that idea came from. Maybe the geocaching thing put it there. That doesn't sound like the kind of thing a person working alone would do.
---------------
The doors to our elem. schools are always locked. The office is right by the front door. We ring the bell and someone lets us in.We must sign in give name addy, aand child at school. If one stays home parent or guardian must call school before 9am..If they dont, the school calls home or Police.I,m not sure about middle school but would almost bet they are.:seeya:

Can someone explain the backpack and cache connection for me? Was the BP found by someone who was actively looking for the cache? TIA!

I also agree the body must be little Jessica. The counselors ready to be at the school and the family's street being cordoned off would be far too great of a coincidence.

Is it me, or does it seem child abductions/disappearances/murders are an epidemic!!

Still going with my dumb idea but the geocaching site that was taken down is located at W 69th Avenue and Miller Street.

Also there's another one called "Outwitted by a Ten Year Old" which freaked me out.

Someone who works for the school but was absent last Friday and possibly today. Just a thought.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Or a POI could be a family member of a student. Perhaps they wanted to take someone in for questioning and wanted to make sure that they could pick up the POI while not in the company of the minor. Or keep a POI from picking up a family member and fleeing.

That was me. If you're implying I may have been the perp posting, you're mistaken. I'm a Mom living out east. Not that anyone has to believe that, or that it even "clears" me, but....

I found this site when Lauren Spierer went missing. I'm originally from IN so I was just touched by her being missing. The other day, Jessica's name came up on my facebook and I thought, "Oh, not again"....and I came back.

No offense taken. I understand that when people post things, they can be cause for suspicion. Honestly, I'm still perplexed. I guess I wouldn't make a good perp because I would have never thought of hiding a body in a wide open space, hence why I thought they should be searching woods and saving their time. Just seems way too risky to me.

:giggle: Its very big of you to admit you'd be a crumby perp.

The body is probably underneath the red item.

Im pretty sure the body is at the feet of the man with gray hair. The item we see does look to be a still folded stretcher.

I am thinking LE has a good idea who the perp is, based on where they have been focusing their searches & the fact that body has been found. Wouldn't be surprised to hear of a quick arrest.

I wholeheartedly agree. They honed in on that area. I wonder if they had been watching someone's movements and/or gotten phone records/pings. That would have had to have happened rather quickly after she went missing, though.

But remember when they announced a few days ago that they didn't think the public was in danger? (they changed that fairly quickly, though)

And they moved the search west? The area described at the time is between 35 to 40 square miles. Yet they found her rather quickly (unless someone else stumbled upon her by accident).

She was found in one of those 'open space' areas.

From Oct 8 (bbm):

"We do not have any reason to believe there is a person going around abducting children," Materasso said.

Crews on Monday searched the open space areas bordered by U.S. 36 to the east, Colo. 93 to the west and Colo. 128 to the south, as well as Eldorado Canyon, according to Westminster police spokesman Trevor Materasso.

"These are just open space areas we want to search and that we want to focus on," Materasso said at a news conference.

Read more: http://www.coloradodaily.com/ci_217...-space-areas?source=most_viewed#ixzz28xiULE2U

Coloradodaily.com

Also, I would agree the bag was placed on purpose. And that terrifies me.

There's more than plenty of open space and places to dump a backpack someone doesn't want found within a half-hour drive of Westminster. I think the perp is putting the entire Louisville/Superior/Westminster/Arvada/Golden area on alert or throwing down a challenge or something just awful.

This sounds horribly selfish, but all I can think about is keeping my kids literally tied to my side while this investigation goes on. I am terrified.

What totally creeps me out, besides the obvious, is that he placed her backpack and body equidistant from her home. Flipping sociopath. Lawd.

---------------
The doors to our elem. schools are always locked. The office is right by the front door. We ring the bell and someone lets us in.We must sign in give name addy, aand child at school. If one stays home parent or guardian must call school before 9am..If they dont, the school calls home or Police.I,m not sure about middle school but would almost bet they are.:seeya:

That's good information, but I'm missing a connection here -- how does that relate to the lockout at the school? Did I miss a connecting post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025