CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something is going on and we very well know they can not spill the beans at this point.

I am not from the area. Are there others young girls missing from any nearby areas? I find it odd they wouldn't release the identity unless they are building some sort of case.

In the cases I have seen they never release the indentity until the ME makes a positive ID.

I imagine the autopsy is going on today so we should know either today or tomorrow most likely.

IMO

I doubt that the body would be that of a different child; surely another missing child would have received media attention, and from where the body was apparently located, it could not have been there for years and years.

I think it's her and that they're waiting to announce for both DNA confirmation and building a case... my heart aches for her family (and if its someone else- their family, as well). If it is her, I have a feeling they weren't able to immediately identify her due to whatever was done to her which is a heartbreaking thought to me.

I keep reading all these cases and getting emotionally involved... my boyfriend wants me to take a step back because of that and I think I may finally agree after this case.

Yeah, I hope they can find touch DNA or something that leads them to the killer.

If this is the same guy who was preying on children in this area a year ago, he has shown patience…unless he was away from this area for the last year.

I hope they have found her in time to retrieve sperm dna.

I think everyone knows his motive was sexual.

Touch DNA is also a great new tool and is solving many cases now.

IMO

They are processing the crime scene. The place where a body is found will often give them evidence of where the crime actually happened, and who did it. There may be hairs, fibers, DNA, etc. and this process takes a lot of time. They have to go over every inch of ground where the body was lying with a fine tooth comb.
They may not have a suspect yet, but by searching the scene it might give them a lot of information in order to find the person who killed her.

In the cases I have seen they never release the indentity until the ME makes a positive ID.

I imagine the autopsy is going on today so we should know either today or tomorrow most likely.

IMO

They do usually indicate male or female and say if its an adult though. This time the silence is deafening.

I have the tv on (in australia), at the moment its a Barbara Walters 20/20 special, called Heaven, I'm not normally a religious person but it seems so apt right now, coincidence? I don't feel so

Hrmmm.......that was one of the shortest pressers I have ever seen. While I understand LE not wanting to tip their hand to the public, I really, really hope that they have been more open with the parents.

Mel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am just getting caught up. Such sad news :rose:

Oh how very sad for the parents/family of this child. My heart breaks for them. I hope this body is not Jessica, but we can almost be certain it is. I saw a blurb on the news this morning and it just made me sick. I hope they catch the person responsible.

I've missed several "middle" posts, so this question may have been answered.

Does anyone know if DSP, former Westminster middle school teacher arrested for child *advertiser censored*, is incarcerated?

I'm not sure what to think here:waitasec:...was the body burned or in some other way defaced in such a way that confirming the identity has been made more difficult? One would think that after 12+ hours a positive ID would have been made.

:( that they still say they can't confirm if it's Jessica makes me think the worst - that identification is not able to be done visually or by dental records.

I can't imagine the horror her parents are going through, I wish no parent or anyone had to go through anything like this ever.

ID by dental records would take time. Remember she was not found until late afternoon yesterday and it was dark by the time they removed the body from the scene. None of that can be done there.
If they allow the parents to visually ID her, that would not be done at the scene, either.

Where was this body found in relation to the backpack and to her last known whereabouts?

Yeah, I hope they can find touch DNA or something that leads them to the killer.

If this is the same guy who was preying on children in this area a year ago, he has shown patience…unless he was away from this area for the last year.

Yes, and he must have changed his preference from young boys to young girls, because the two September attempted lurings were of an 8 year old boy and a 9 year old boy.

It would be nice and tidy if one person was responsible for those attempted lurings and Jessica's abduction, but I truly don't see it. JMO

Map of body in relation to backpack.
A= home
B=backpack
C= body found

A45InBSCEAAGWZG.jpg

Where was this body found in relation to the backpack and to her last known whereabouts?

Thanks to gliving for the map!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member