CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I saw this might be Jessica, the very first thought that flashed through my mind unexpectedly was Kayleah Wilson. Her murderer's in prison. She was 12, killed in Greeley, by 17 yo boyfriend.

This may not be her, and if it is, there are multiple possible scenarios. I was just stunned that that case jumped into my mind unbidden.

Moo

Why are they photographing from so high up? is the body intact?

This is just a guess, but perhaps they are looking for any possible clues that they could miss from the ground. For instance, a walk/drag pattern that might tell them where the vehicle was parked.

This is so devastating to hear.

I was closing up for the night to settle down to watch the A's miracle run and checked each thread I had open before closing it. I was so far behind in reading on this one, I just thought to check the last page and found I just missed the report by the Sheriff about the body being found. How was his demeanor when he made the announcement?

I agree that this is probably Jessica. Men combing the fields, FBI there with lights set up. If it was a grown person, I believe they would have said that. It's been five days with cold weather so there should be more evidence than if it were in the heat of summer.

Only other possibility is another child with no clothes or distinguishing marks to identify by. Maybe body was decomposed which could also mean another child.

That abandoned mining shack sure did remind me of the hog/cattle sale building pictures posted earlier. That poster was on the right track of abandoned or empty buildings. I tried to search to find the poster's name but couldn't find it. Now that I think further didn't someone also mention mining shacks or tunnels.

At this time though, we don't know if she was anywhere near the shack. The pictures look like the search is being conducted closer to the road. The grass was so high I wonder if you could tell from the road that someone had walked through it leaving a trail?

Also another note someone earlier wondered why they were checking the wide open places instead of wooded areas. <modsnip>
I too would be interested in how she was located, when and by whom.

Yup! I suspect this is the reason for the school lockdown.
I think LE knows they have a predator on the loose and that they found what they suspect is Jessica.
This sound like a very good LE! Protecting our children!

Unless they have a POI at the school, I don't really understand the lockdown at just the one school.

Yup! I suspect this is the reason for the school lockdown.
I think LE knows they have a predator on the loose and that they found what they suspect is Jessica.
This sound like a very good LE! Protecting our children!

With the school lockdown and the large LE presence this morning, I almost wonder if they know who and how.

Had that feeling something new came up and had to come check. :( This is not the kind of news I was hoping to read.

Oh my Lord....

Breathe.....Breathe.....Breathe....

The WY victim said her abductor had pics of "little girls" (more info in her thread-this one's too raw to post all she said right now, IMO). What if she can identify Jessica from a pic? Maybe LE can catch him quick and search the van to see if she's in the pix.

When I saw this might be Jessica, the very first thought that flashed through my mind unexpectedly was Kayleah Wilson. Her murderer's in prison. She was 12, killed in Greeley, by 17 yo boyfriend.

This may not be her, and if it is, there are multiple possible scenarios. I was just stunned that that case jumped into my mind unbidden.

Moo

I thought of Kayleah early on, also... I believe Greeley is only an hour away from Westminster.

We actually don't know who murdered Kayleah.

This is so devastating to hear.

I was closing up for the night to settle down to watch the A's miracle run and checked each thread I had open before closing it. I was so far behind in reading on this one, I just thought to check the last page and found I just missed the report by the Sheriff about the body being found. How was his demeanor when he made the announcement?

I agree that this is probably Jessica. Men combing the fields, FBI there with lights set up. If it was a grown person, I believe they would have said that. It's been five days with cold weather so there should be more evidence than if it were in the heat of summer.

Only other possibility is another child with no clothes or distinguishing marks to identify by. Maybe body was decomposed which could also mean another child.

That abandoned mining shack sure did remind me of the hog/cattle sale building pictures posted earlier. That poster was on the right track of abandoned or empty buildings. I tried to search to find the poster's name but couldn't find it. Now that I think further didn't someone also mention mining shacks or tunnels.

At this time though, we don't know if she was anywhere near the shack. The pictures look like the search is being conducted closer to the road. The grass was so high I wonder if you could tell from the road that someone had walked through it leaving a trail?

Also another note someone earlier wondered why they were checking the wide open places instead of wooded areas. Coincidence?

I too would be interested in how she was located, when and by whom.

I posted the hog buying station pics on Elizabeth and Lyrics's thread, is that the one you're talking about?

With the school lockdown and the large LE presence this morning, I almost wonder if they know who and how.

Same here. I think think they know it's someone in her neighborhood. Twitter is reporting their neighborhood access is shut down. I have wondered all along if there was a witness we haven't heard about. Possibly a minor who saw something. LE has obviously been on top of this. I am certain they have a very good chance of catching this perp.

To clarify- Westminster has their own PD. Westminster is in Adams County. They are NOT a part of the Adams County Sheriff's department as far as prosecution. I don't know if Arvada has their own PD. But having lived there, things w/i Westminster city limits fall to the Westminster police, unless they defer the case to Adams Co. Parts of Arvada also Jeff. Co.
So if a body is found in Arvada, it goes to the Arvada PD and/or Adams County or Jefferson County Sheriffs. If Westminster is there it is because they have a vested reason to be there.

Actually if you go West of Sheridan it is Jefferson County for Westminster, East is Adams. Arvada and Westminster have their own City PD, and use either Adams or Jefferson County Sherrif depending on the line where the crime was committed. I've lived in Colorado for 32yrs grew up in Aurora 2 mi from the theater shooting, lived up "north" Thornton/Westminster for 15yrs. My hisband grew up in Jessica's neighborhood.

SKY9 is in the air over the scene. pic.twitter.com/S4VsZghJ

Well I hate to assume its her, since they have to wait to have a family to positively identify the body they can't release it. If they know for a fact it isn't her they would just say not related instead of not sure IF the body is related, they aren't looking for more than one body...so sad

I would think the state of decomposition would be telling pretty much.
It's been since the 5th she was missing. I don't know how much decomposition might occur in that period of time, or any time after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett