CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't keep up either :p

I can think of a couple of ways it could work, but most of them involve either the body in Arvada not being Jessica or there being a tight connection to another crime involving a girl who looks like Jessica being held captive.

It likely is coincidence -- a very improbable one, but still coincidence. I'm glad Maine and New Hampshire are taking that small possibility seriously though.

Of course, they should take it seriously! I just see no way the sighting in Maine could have been Jessica, if the body in CO is her.
It may turn out that the child in the vehicle that the lady saw was just a little girl who looks like her. People who give eyewitness accounts are often mistaken, but it never hurts to check tips out. Who knows? The guy who killed the young lady in Alaska ended up being arrested in Texas.

I can't catch up, but have so much to say (sorry).

So if the body in CO is not Jessica, it could be Elizabeth Collins. Maybe they are searching the area for Lyric. If that is the case, then it's possible that we have a few months to find Jessica.

I keep seeing people saying that its murder. We do not know that, we only know that a body has been found. If it is Jessica we still do not know that she was murdered, what if he left her and she died of exposure or from being attacked by animals? I'm thinking of the WY girl who escaped and was lucky enough to be found by hunters.

Now I'll go back and finish reading.

the last article I posted said it is unlikely the car is related and they already know who owns it/will not disclose the owners.

thanks again. I'm glad they are not disclosing the owners. No need to. Glad LE knows who it is and are almost certain it is not related to this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox
Kelly Werthmann ‏@KellyCBS4 Just spoke w/ FBI, says scene here being treated as if body found is #JessicaRidgeway. Also asked us if we'd seen anything suspicious.

I'm confused. What scene are they on?
----------------

Bumping as I still haven't seen an answer to this. I had to step away for awhile so I may have missed.

"Open Space" is a real estate term that is used to describe a land area that is either not yet developed or will never be developed

5mKelly Werthmann‏@KellyCBS4

We're learning more about the #JessicaRidgeway investigation. I'll have a live update on the @CBSDenver News at Noon.

Quote:
Kelly Werthmann ‏@KellyCBS4 Just spoke w/ FBI, says scene here being treated as if body found is #JessicaRidgeway. Also asked us if we'd seen anything suspicious.

----------------

Bumping as I still haven't seen an answer to this. I had to step away for awhile so I may have missed.

I believe they were referring to the area where the body was discovered...

The other thing regarding timeframe for ID is, if it's not Jessica, they still need time to ID who it is and notify that family. If they just say it's not Jessica, other families are left fearfully wondering for their own missing loved ones.

Might be her, might not be. This LE is very thorough. Hoping answers come soon.

OK...I looked at the photo and the video and it appeared to me that this could very well have been a small child. That said, it is difficult to say. Warning....this might be graphic...

Depending upon how long the body was there, lots of things could have happened. One must remember that when a body is placed somewhere prior to rigor mortis setting in, the body will ultimately retain the position as it was left. For example, if the body was curled up in a ball, that is how it will be when removed from the scene. It is really difficult to tell just from looking at this picture or video if this could be our little Jessica. I am hoping it is NOT her (although still sad that it is someone.) Our best hopes at this point point to that blue car in NH and a possible sighting. Here is why:

1.) Several witnesses tell police that they saw Jessica in that car with CO plates
2.) The owner of the vehicle has now abandonded the car
3.) Police are saying they cannot make a connection with the Jessica Ridgeway case from the body. It would seem to me those are strange choices of words. I am certain that they would have time to speak with the parents and give their best conclusions.

That said, what scares me is that they are continuing to search in the area...which unfortunately does remind me of Zahara....praying that is not the case for this sweet little girl.

Quote:

----------------

The "scene" at Pattridge Park where the (unidentified) body was found last night.

Quote:

----------------

that reporter (Kelly) has been tweeting from the site where the remains were discovered.

The "scene" at Pattridge Park where the (unidentified) body was found last night.

OH DUH!!!!!! No wonder I was confused. I read it to say, "treating the scene as if A body had been found."

I guess I need to slow down my reading. :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member