CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I, along with others who follow the case of Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins, have noticed a resemblance between Jessica and 10 year old Elizabeth. So some of us are wondering exactly what you are - could the girl seen in the car in Maine be another, different missing child?

And also the resemblance between Jessica and the 11 yr old victim in Cody, WY. I think the fact that they're now saying they do not believe there's a connection between the car in NH and Jessica is interesting. That could mean that they're fairly sure the body in CO is her so she obviously wouldn't be in NH or MN. However, what if the perp in the Jessica case IS the one that abandoned the car in NH and he has another child? Perhaps he has one that he keeps around? Oh fright.

That would have caused an awful lot of sawdust to be on the scene. Seems like a bad idea if you are looking for evidence.

Good point. Hadn't thought of that. Not to mention it doesn't look to me like the tree was cut down, it looks like it was pulled up, roots and all. That would disturb the scene even more, imo.

The graffiti-covered wall in the image below is located on the south-side of the highway, southeast from where the victim's body was discovered.
NOTE: High-winds may have fallen the tree.

1 - Culvert
2 - Fence post
3 - Tree
4 - Abandoned building

body_location_0011_viewlookingnorth_1_zpsacdcadaa.jpg

Image recorded by Google Maps "October 2007."
body_location_006_1_zpsabd21987.jpg

LOL on the sawdust, very true, and the bottom doesn't look cut. I'm thinking it may be a different tree, but by the same accord, the angles aren't quite matching up when I look at all the pix either, so I dunno. Ignore the tree, and go about your business, lol.

tree:
if you look at this from the above view on google the tree is down.
If you look at it from the street view it is still up.
The photo with the #3 is a different tree (the one with the firetruck)
Go to street view and go back up the road toward the building and you can see the second tree..

Will someone with more experience do a side-by-side? I keep having to scroll back and forth and it's making my eyes go googly, lol.

Last night I was heartbroken. Today I am physically sick. I can only hope this child was deceased before her body was degraded and left by the road as if it were garbage. Please let this monster be caught fast before another child catches his eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think they would have knocked the tree down last night. They have to preserve the crimescene as much as possible and that whole property is more than likely a crimescene. Unless it fell, it looks really old, maybe it fell while they were moving equipment or something.

LOL on the sawdust, very true, and the bottom doesn't look cut. I'm thinking it may be a different tree, but by the same accord, the angles aren't quite matching up when I look at all the pix either, so I dunno. Ignore the tree, and go about your business, lol.

In my scrolling back and forth between pictures (which may make my eyesight not as reliable), it looked to me like the same tree by comparing the three large main branches that come off of the trunk.

But, again, scrolling back and forth = wonky eyesight, so take that for what it's worth.

I disagree. Monitoring social media has zero to do with the process of identifying a body. You think they knew during their statements abt finding the body, that it wasn't Hailey right away, yet didn't announce that for four days?

Funny thing. They said they cannot make a connection between the body and Jessica's case yet, but some are disavowing that and 100% believe it is. It's been reported the same comments regarding the NH car, and that they're still investigating that, but some have 100% stated it's not related.

As I've said, although it's clearly unpopular to do so (luckily I'm not running for forum prom queen), until they say otherwise, there's still a little ray of hope for Jessica, still a small chance it's not her. Is it probable, yes. Is it confirmed, no. And I hope people still scan faces for her until it's confirmed.
I am not referring to identification. I am referring to the LE response to social media rumors and twitter and premature speculation.

as for the rest: I was not addressing that.

ETA: I think we all would love to see this child be safe and sound. <further eta>: I do not think it is the "unpopular" view as per what you said above in reference to "forum prom queen"

I don't have a link but I'm pretty sure one of the news stories from last night mentioned the body was in a garbage bag.

IMO

I don't think there has been any MSM stories regarding a garbage bag. There was at least one poster who believes she saw something in a black bag, but nothing to that effect has been stated by MSM or LE, to my knowledge.

Obviously this is all speculation, but I can assert that coyotes are VERY ACTIVE in the area the body was found. In fact, I saw one myself last night in an area not too far from there and this is a very common occurrence. I pray this is what occurred and not something much more evil.

Please have a look at the image below. I will have more to say about the location where the victim's body was found, as it is a locally well-known site/vicinity and is frequented by curiosity-seekers and photographers.

x - Location of body
1 - Culvert
2 - Tree
3 - Fence post
4 - Abandoned building

body_location_006_1_zpsabd21987.jpg

body_location_0010_4news_zps249d8cd5.jpg

body_location_009_4news_zps14f36518.jpg

Would you be so kind as to tell us what you want us to know about this location and why it is locally a well-known site? I'd rather not be kept in suspense.

No, it was said they were proceeding as if this "could" be her. They did the same in Hailey's case for four days, & it was an adult male. It likely is Jessica, but it's not a sure thing.

Huge difference, IMO. Jessica went missing days ago. A body was just found. It is clearly not so decomposed as to not be her because LE would have made a statement indicating they do not feel it is likely Jessica. They haven't done so.

In Hailey's case, she had been missing for what, a year before some random remains were found?

I think there is a much stronger connection when a child goes missing and within days, a body is found.

Sadly, I think it is unlikely that this body is anyone else.

I dont think we can say with certainty that the perp is known to her family though.

We all remember that Joe Duncan destroyed Dillan's remains and he did not know the family.

I just believe that there are some pedophiles who are sadistic beyond words.

They have to be missing her head.:( That is what is needed to positively ID her by sight.

This is such a horrible case and my heart is breaking more and more for Jessica's parents.

Whether it was animal activity or a human being acting like a beast it has to be so hard to accept to Jessica's parents.

I hope they can find all of Jessica so she can receive a proper burial.

I agree with your post. if i was Jessica's parents, I would be losing my mind right now, completely. How horrible that LE was compelled to describe the condition of the body found. Her poor family, having to hear that news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhokilledBettie?