CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First time poster here.

Hate to be a bother but could someone please briefly catch me up on what has happened since they found the car? Got a heap of work to do today and don't have time to read back.

Welcome!!!!!!! :great:

Someone requested a side-by-side comparison of the tree. Please see the image below. I live in Westminster, Colorado, and am familiar with the high-winds associated with local storms. IMHO, the tree appears to have been blown-over by the prevailing west-wind.

I will post images of the area surrounding the location where the victim's body was discovered.

body_location_12_tree_2_zpse58efb38.jpg

As the thread's moving quickly, and many were very concerned about a connection between Jessica's case and the Cody, WY abduction, the FBI said today they don't believe they're related.

Thank you. Yes, I was actually hoping there was a connection. The girls were so similar in their descriptions- and it gave me a light because the victim in Cody was released alive. It also sickens me to no end to think that there would be another monster who would do this- it somehow was easier to think of it being one person who would be caught and Jessica would be alive too.

That two monsters acted within days of each other on two precious, innocent girls- I just have no words.

I think sometimes we fixate on the little things because it makes us feel like we're doing something, helping in some way.

Otherwise we'd all just feel lost and helpless. No one wants to feel like that in these situations.

So, if me fixating on whether a tree was upright or not makes me feel better, I'll go with it. :floorlaugh:

Me, too.

HLN's JVM, description of body goulish...decapitated..

JVM, will cover the Jessica Ridgeway investigation tonight..

From your article above:

"However, the video also shows that the body is small, and does not appear to be that of an adult victim. It was found next to a culvert and also appeared to be near a black garbage bag."

So now the obvious question is, what the heck was in the black bag?

My guess is that she (I am assuming it was Jessica) was dumped (hard to type) in a black garbage bag, and animals got into the bag.

The garbage bag being found nearby actually makes me lean more towards animal involvement, and away from intentional dismemberment.

Either way, it's terrible.

From your article above:

"However, the video also shows that the body is small, and does not appear to be that of an adult victim. It was found next to a culvert and also appeared to be near a black garbage bag."

So now the obvious question is, what the heck was in the black bag?

Hopefully it is in police custody. May have been used to transport the remains there.

IMO

First time poster here.

Hate to be a bother but could someone please briefly catch me up on what has happened since they found the car? Got a heap of work to do today and don't have time to read back.

the car is unrelated.
police had a presser stating the body is not intact and that will delay positive identiifcation. MSM is saying they have video of a "dismembered" body near a trash bag.

lots of discussion about how the downed tree in photos and video got downed.

Lots of sad, sad Websleuthers.

Dismembered gives the impression that it was done by a human, purposefully. I'm still thinking that is probably what happened and then the animals dispersed it. Ugh. And, perhaps, the monster took her head somewhere else entirely, knowing that it would make the ID all the more difficult and make the pain to her family all the more worse. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible.

I agree WY but sometimes its a good idea to have a professional, legal type definition
that is straightforward and removes speculation. I find it helpful, I know it has been very useful for me in the past.......:peace::peace::peace:

Come back for an update and find this news. I feel like I am going to be sick.

Crimes against children should really be one strike and you're out. No second chances. I so loathe those who prey on those who cannot protect themselves.

Having children and 2 young grandchildren makes it so hard. I can't even carry the thought of this happening to a child. I'm beginning to have the attitude that all child molesters be imprisoned for life. Before many of them can take a life. To make sure they never will.

I think sometimes we fixate on the little things because it makes us feel like we're doing something, helping in some way.

Otherwise we'd all just feel lost and helpless. No one wants to feel like that in these situations.

So, if me fixating on whether a tree was upright or not makes me feel better, I'll go with it. :floorlaugh:

I wasn't making fun of anyone, honest. I just found it amusing that people were batting it around so much.

what is also important to note: this was released because of the helicopter footage that was taken yesterday... didn't he say "from helicopter footage it is obvious the body is not intact" or something like that?

He has been getting questions about that and had to confront the speculation about the delay.

MOO

Also, I am thinking that they are not able to do a dental ID... not so sure if resident animals int he area would be able to deter that process (trying to say that gently)

This is totally what I was watching, and I just figured they wouldn't allow that to be filmed. Like post a no fly zone?

the car is unrelated.
police had a presser stating the body is not intact and that will delay positive identiifcation. MSM is saying they have video of a "dismembered" body near a trash bag.

lots of discussion about how the downed tree in photos and video got downed.

Lots of sad, sad Websleuthers.

Thank you.

This is breaking my heart.

Last night there was all kinds of interpretations of what was seen in various photos...I don't believe any of them showed a black trash bag. Anyone?

i was not the person who posted the screen shot, but i saw it (i think on the previous thread)....i believe someone said they removed the image.

but yes, i remember seeing something that could be intrepeted as a black trash bag along w/ flesh colored skin. what it was? i dont know. it could have been a body bag/evidence bag.

again, i did not find this image or post it, but saw it posted....so im confirming that the other member was not the only person seeing this. i was just scanning thru the thread and saw it. then i saw someone post that the photo should not be allowed to be posted here. now i assume the screenshot is gone.

i have not had the time to sit thru the previous 4 threads and look at each post to find out if it is still out there. maybe the original person will see this and confirm they have it?

yes..thus the discussion amongst some of us that we actually saw flesh during a live feed (and someone got a screen shot)....it may have been the live feed online, not on the TV...as they were doing a live feed online before the news was even on.....

Nope. Mine was on 9news (maybe channel 7?). We have no cable, so we get those channels that do 24 hour Channel 7/Channel 9 news that just loops all day.

Regardless of how her body was found, this is how I want to remember sweet Jessica

Attachments

• 150105_10151341575584305_1291829664_n.jpg
    150105_10151341575584305_1291829664_n.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 37
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics