CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is unlikely that an animal is to blame if in fact the head is missing. That is one of the things that scavengers are left with, e.g., vultures etc., while the top level predators, e.g, big cats, wolves, etc. usually select the limbs.

I wasn't making fun of anyone, honest. I just found it amusing that people were batting it around so much.

Oh I know you weren't!! It made me laugh!! :D

Sometimes a little laugh in the middle of such hell is all we can do.

Someone requested a side-by-side comparison of the tree. Please see the image below. I live in Westminster, Colorado, and am familiar with the high-winds associated with local storms. IMHO, the tree appears to have been blown-over by the prevailing west-wind.

I will post images of the area surrounding the location where the victim's body was discovered.

body_location_12_tree_2_zpse58efb38.jpg

Well done Zola............

As far as the black bag, if it was seen in a photo with LE onscene last night, it could be a body bag next to the body. If it was there before they got onscene and the body was originally in a black garbage bag and animals got to it, the killer isn't a person who wanted the body found. Possibly threw the bag quickly over the fence, because they know the area and backpack was put to make it look like Jessica was in that area and wasn't taken in her's. The suspect isn't very bright, overthinking and maybe young or doesn't think straight, but probably reading online to see if anyone knows it's him. He'll be caught, sooner or later, it's only a matter of time.

I agree, without public safety for our families, we have nothing...Public Safety cannot be insured without transparency.. Silence is the predators most lethal weapon..

a-tothe-men (AMEN!) on that point foxfire!

I agree, without public safety for our families, we have nothing...Public Safety cannot be insured without transparency.. Silence is the predators most lethal weapon..

Me too Foxfire. There is a difference between trying to prevent mass hysteria/reassuring the public and being honest about what they simply don't know.

The tree: we get crazy winds here. Over 80mph. Last spring the door of my husbands car was ripped off by it. So i dont think much of the tree being knocked over.

First time poster here.

Hate to be a bother but could someone please briefly catch me up on what has happened since they found the car? Got a heap of work to do today and don't have time to read back.

LE in New Hampshire has said that the car is not related to this case. We are still waiting on an ID of the body because it was not intact. There is speculation as to whether it was an intentional dismemberment, or animal activity that caused this.

From your article above:

"However, the video also shows that the body is small, and does not appear to be that of an adult victim. It was found next to a culvert and also appeared to be near a black garbage bag."

So now the obvious question is, what the heck was in the black bag?

Could have been the body/parts, animals would have torn it open to get it out, police would have opened the bag maybee but not removed contents to preserve any evidence in the bag, which leads me to belive if the bag is related , body may have been dismembered and scattered / dumped in different place

First time poster here.

Hate to be a bother but could someone please briefly catch me up on what has happened since they found the car? Got a heap of work to do today and don't have time to read back.

Steven Bognar ‏@BogsWBZ
BREAKING: Buick wagon w/ CO plates spotted in #Dexter, ME and recovered in #Portsmouth, NH belongs to woman who just moved w/2 kids #wbz

They do not believe the car is related to Jessica's case.

Could have been the body/parts, animals would have torn it open to get it out, police would have opened the bag maybee but not removed contents to preserve any evidence in the bag, which leads me to belive if the bag is related , body may have been dismembered and scattered / dumped in different place

Makes sense, LE says they're looking in other open areas today.

Video from Airtracker 7 showed investigators surrounding something that appeared to be a plastic bag in a field.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...hat-missing-10-year-old-girl-jessica-ridgeway

While this article didn't say clearly that the body was found in a garbage bag I did come to that conclusion based on this article.

IMO

thank you for posting this link as it also gave some more information about how the remains were found (not based on tip but as a part of scheduled search of the area)

snip~

Dozens of law enforcement officers were seen doing a systematic search of the area near an abandoned mining shack since about 5 p.m., The Denver Post reported. A neighbor living near the park told 7NEWS she saw police in the area as early as 11 a.m.

I found this interesting and informative when I was looking up Child abductions:
http://www.atg.wa.gov/ChildAbductionResearch.aspx

Key findings:

In 74 percent of the missing children homicide cases studied, the child murder victim was female and the average age was 11 years old.

In 44 percent of the cases studied, the victims and killers were strangers, but in 42 percent of the cases, the victims and killers were friends or acquaintances.

Only about 14 percent of the cases studied involved parents or intimates killing the child.

Almost two-thirds of the killers in these cases have prior arrests for violent crimes, with slightly more than half of those prior crimes committed against children.

The primary motive for the child abduction killer in the cases studied was sexual assault.

In nearly 60 percent of the cases studied, more than two hours passed between the time someone realized the child was missing and the time police were notified.

In 76 percent of the missing children homicide cases studied, the child was dead within three hours of the abduction–and in 88.5 percent of the cases the child was dead within 24 hours.

Key recommendations to protect children:

Be aware that children are not immune from abduction because they are close to home. More than half of the study’s abductions took place within three city blocks of the victim’s home.

Be certain that your children are supervised – even if they are in their own front yard or neighborhood street. Approximately one-third of the abductions studied took occurred within one-half block of the victim’s home.

Teach your children not to ever approach a car– whether the occupant is a stranger or not– no matter what the occupant the tells them or asks them.

Be aware of strangers and unusual behavior in your neighborhoods. Many child abductions are witnessed by people who do not realize that a crime is being committed.
If your child is ever missing, CALL POLICE IMMEDIATELY. An immediate response to a missing or abducted child may be the difference between life and death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman