Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:truce:

I agree, the road (found the exact location on bing maps) is not that remote and the body is just off the road. It couldn't have been there for very long.

Also the press conference this morning with the spokesman abruptly walking off not taking questions just screams it is about this case.

BBM. I've been loosely following this case, so I don't know all the details. Can you explain what you mean by "where the dogs tracked the book bag to" ? I know the book bag was found on a sidewalk in a neighborhood. Did the dogs track a scent from the book bag to a school? If so, was it Jessica's school? TIA

it is on the map I made in the opening post (link there)

yes, it was reported that bloodhounds tracked from the backpack to a nearby ES and back toward the backpack

Well, I'm a good ole (notice the spelling...that is not "OLD" but "ole"...haha) southern mimi. In the south, there is lots of hugging, especially from all the ladies over 40. I hug people standing in the grocery line if they look like they need it....and I tell them their babies are "just beautiful," even if they're not especially. And yes, I say, "Aww...you are precious."
If they arrest me, I'll tell the officer..."Here, honey, let me give you a hug. Now tell me, who is your mama...I bet I know her. Is her name Mildred? Aww....she is precious. Tell her I said hey."

Im a southern Nannie too shefner and I AM OLD.:floorlaugh:

We do tend to hug a lot and its meant in a loving endearing way.

IMO

Awww....meeeee too! :) Love being in such hugging company. :)

As far as getting dental records - with Jessica being missing for so many days, surely LE would already have requested dental records by now wouldn't they? Or is it SOP to wait until a body is actually discovered to request the records?

:truce:

I agree, the road (found the exact location on bing maps) is not that remote and the body is just off the road. It couldn't have been there for very long.

You sure wouldnt think it had been there long but oh my if it was then that is just heartbreaking that no one ever noticed it.

IMO

Yes and I would probably add...."Now, Honey, Homecoming is at church on Sunday and I hope you're there. I'm bringing that good ol' Pineapple Upside Down cake that Abner likes so good. And tell your mama I hope she'll bring that broccoli casserole with the cornflake topping she makes. That's the best stuff! And don't you worry about bringing nothing, honey...there'll be plenty enough to go around!"

(Mind you, I'm only 48....but most southern girls won't reveal their ages. Unless there is a tupperware door prize involved.)

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

So when dogs are tracking the backpack...are they tracking Jessica's scent, or just the scent from where the backpack came?
Very telling that it came from the school area. I thought about that before. Could it be a school employee....or another parent? Yikes. I've wondered if the person who did this might have a child of their own....

BBM. I've been loosely following this case, so I don't know all the details. Can you explain what you mean by "where the dogs tracked the book bag to" ? I know the book bag was found on a sidewalk in a neighborhood. Did the dogs track a scent from the book bag to a school? If so, was it Jessica's school? TIA

See thread #4, posts 161 & 165.

Awww....meeeee too! :) Love being in such hugging company. :)

As far as getting dental records - with Jessica being missing for so many days, surely LE would already have requested dental records by now wouldn't they? Or is it SOP to wait until a body is actually discovered to request the records?

I would think so but they may have waited until a body was found.

I would think that LE early on got the mother's dna too and maybe a hairbrush belonging to Jessica.

If she never went to the dentist for xrays then they can still determine it is Jessica using DNA found in the hairbrush/toothbrush belonging to Jessica along with her mother's dna.

IMO

There is something more going on here that we're not privy to(and that's just fine!).
They are on top of it in this case, I really believe that. They likely already had her dental records in hand. Even without them, a ME could tell whether this was a child/teen/adult/M/F/recently deceased or not by now.
They were looking from an arial point of view for a reason yesterday. The didn't use a helicopter, so they were trying to ensure they didn't disturb something.
They are taking busloads of LE out to search the area that they spent hours at yesterday and was seemingly just a dump site.

Not sure what it all means and I need my coffee to even try and put the pieces together, but it means something.

I got up at 5:30 PST to watch the press conference. I was hoping it wasn't her, but like many of you I was hoping there would be some answers at the very least.

WHY call an early morning presser just to say....nothing? I just don't get it. It was done at a time where everyone could see it before the school day. What was the purpose? I'm confused. :(

I got up at 5:30 PST to watch the press conference. I was hoping it wasn't her, but like many of you I was hoping there would be some answers at the very least.

WHY call an early morning presser just to say....nothing? I just don't get it. It was done at a time where everyone could see it before the school day. What was the purpose? I'm confused. :(

I think the purpose was to put the kibosh on media speculation. They need time to work and they for sure don't need the rumor information mill going 100 miles an hour before they are ready to say something official.

They did this several times yesterday as well.

:twocents:

Reading the twitter from PD it stated after crime scene that they are not sure about a connection to Jessica. "At this time, we are unable to determine if there is any connection to the JessicaRidgeway investigation."
Why make that comment and continue to search today for her if they were at the crime scene?? Doesn't make any sense? Why use police personnel to continue searching and unable to determine if there's a connection. I'm praying its not her. I know it seems unlikely that its not her but why the continue searching, the comment on twitter and the presser this morning unable to say much of identify body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck