CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like one of those Freemason decals on the rear window of the vehicle, doesn't it? (lower-right hand corner)

My device won't let me paste pix. Can someone paste the pic of the car found in NH, please?

station-wagon.jpg

Hope this doesn't blow margins.

Kelly Werthmann ‏@KellyCBS4
Jefferson County Sheriffs Office on scene at Pattridge Open Space; about 100+ law enforcement here. #JessicaRidgeway pic.twitter.com/znxSOrzB
View photo Reply Retweet Favorite

DSP (the teacher) would make sense too, at least for the child enticement. He couldn't very well lurk around the school district where he worked (Westminster) or where he lived (Lakewood) so Aravada would make sense. No one would know him there.
Actually, the school where he worked is a Jeffco school. It's fairly close to Jessica's neighborhood. Though if he lived in Lakewood, that's a lot of driving to scope out one neighborhood.

One thing I don't understand-- is it just the media trying to drum up hype that keeps trying to link Jessica to the previous two approaches by someone in a car? My understanding is those were both of little boys and around dinner time. So the connection is fuzzy to me (other than the scary thought more than one predator may be on the loose).
My two cents:
I really doubt that this perp is the same person who is the creeper in Arvada. And I'm willing to bet the murderer put her body in Arvada to make everyone think it was that guy so he wouldn't get caught right away and could kill again.
This. And I hate it, hate the whole idea that there are multiple people on the loose. But the reality is that the guy trying to lure girls in the fall of 2011 is not the same guy trying to lure boys last month, so that's two people right there. If someone is trying to taunt investigators and/or throw them off by placing the backpack in a nice neighborhood, then why not put it really close to the area where another attempted abduction happened, which also conveniently happens to be near open space. Granted, there's a lot of open space in this area.

I wonder if it's someone living in her neighborhood, which might also explain the school lockout and the fact that they had police at the entrance to her street (or neighborhood?) last night. There was media already on scene at the house, and honestly, I have a hard time believing the police are going to devote too many officers to guarding that area from the media--but if a potential perp may still be there and trying to make a run for it (or if a potential perp hasn't been home and they are watching for him to try to sneak in while attention is diverted), it would make more sense.

There is something more going on here that we're not privy to(and that's just fine!).
They are on top of it in this case, I really believe that. They likely already had her dental records in hand. Even without them, a ME could tell whether this was a child/teen/adult/M/F/recently deceased or not by now.
They were looking from an arial point of view for a reason yesterday. The didn't use a helicopter, so they were trying to ensure they didn't disturb something.
They are taking busloads of LE out to search the area that they spent hours at yesterday and was seemingly just a dump site.

Not sure what it all means and I need my coffee to even try and put the pieces together, but it means something.

I agree! Something is def going on here. Why need arial view? Interesting about that blue Buick being found this morning! My first thought is they can run the plates and see who it's registered to. They are obviously looking for something today!

Just so others can ponder it with me, that's an Optimum Nutrition box in the back of the car.

I noticed that too. I looked on their website though and O.N. is literally sold at dozens of stores within a few miles of Westminster, so it's hard to narrow it down. I was hoping there would only be 1 or 2 stores near there that sell it because maybe that would give cops a good lead.

I don't think Jessica was ever in Maine. She never left Colorado. The scary part is if this is the perps car, why go to Maine in the first place, and who was the child? Also, they have the license plate, so hopefully they can easily find the owner.

If plates are still on car, then LE should be able to know whose car it is and find that person!

Is it possible that he dumped another young girl's body in CO, and he has Jessica somewhere out east???
You are on the same track as I am more or less. IF there is a connection to this car, then that was where I was going with other MP cases. Either way, either he dumped someone else before he picked her up (and that spot was on his way in perhaps) or it's her and he picked up someone else already that looks like her. Or....

Added a tag for ease of finding backpack/bloodhound info for future reference.

Ya know what else I do NOT like about this? The reference to DEXTER, Maine.

DEXTER is a very popular show about a serial killer. Seems quite strange to have a N.H./Maine/Colorado connection. That is quite a span of distance.

Makes me even more curious of a much larger child abduction/killing spree going on.

I still can't get past how much Jessica looks like Elizabeth Collins.

This perp has worked his way up to murder, so he may of picked up another little girl by now and be on some kind of spree.

Thank you. Still finding myself doing this: :banghead:

Does anyone have any ideas on how long it would be until they may make an identification public?

Sometimes it's just hours. In Hailey's case, it was four days.

Good to know they found the car they were looking for yesterday. What are those stickers in the back window about? Can a local tell us more?

station-wagon.jpg

I thought the one sighted was supposed to have the wheel well covers over the back tires?

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member