CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which school was on lockout yesterday? And which area did they increase patrol around schools on? May want to drop those areas on the map. I'm guessing that's where they're feeling the guy may be from.

Witt is one I can think of right off of the top of my head. I'll have to revisit the scanner forum or news stations for others.

Sort of jumping off of your post here. We've had some sleuthers here who saw (I'm sorry, this is about to get graphic) what they think is part of the body recovered via the copter cam. They described the body parts as "flesh colored". There are also some who see blood stains in the grass there.

Okay, bear with me here. After all of these days, if it is Jessica and she was killed shortly after she went missing, would that flesh not be a way different color? And would there still be blood loss?

Forgive my gruesome questions, but if, in fact, the body still had a "fleshy" color, I'm thinking that this person was held captive until what, yesterday or the day before?

I don't know very much about what happens to a body after death, and maybe the cold temps have something to do with it.

I think so. The body parts would not decompose nearly as rapidly if it had been even warm or hot. Irrc it was down in the 20s so that is good for preserving the victim. The body can stay fleshy for quite awhile in cold weather.

And there would still be blood strewn about from when it was placed there.

IMOO

I was wondering if this road is one that is heavily traveled...I thought I had read it had been closed.Thinking about phone pings hitting nearest tower, but of course in such a populated area, this would probably be an impossible task, unless they could match a number to this locale and the backpack, etc...

I don't see anything in those lyrics that relate to some sicko raping, murdering, and whatever else to a 10 year old little girl. I think relating it to the area as "open space" is certainly a stretch. JMO

I just posted the lyrics because several people mentioned it. I doubt there is a correlation, but thinking about the lyrics in relation to the case is interesting.

By coming out and saying where they were going to search were they really talking to 'him?' May have wanted to see if anyone would make a sudden move like leaving town.

IMO

I don't know if they have "a" suspect but you can bet they are watching at least a few. I would also venture to say that many people are checking the internet for SOs in their neighborhood and possibly keeping an eye out especially if an SO lives close to them. That is good.

It's true..they have to look at it from a distance...my son is an M.D. in the ICU of a large hospital here and if they didn't look at it from a scientific or healing aspect, they'd be depressed all the time.:( ^i^

I agree. If they don't disengage, they will go nuts. Its a survival techniques.

The reporters do need to be more careful though that it not be done on live feed.

I was just reminded from the channel 9 reporter after the presser that Jessica is 10. 10 Years Old. An innocent child, a baby.

The thought of this being her is so saddening and sickening to me. I could spit right now.

I am at soccer practice with my grand-daughter...watching her...reading this...and I just threw up. Sorry, y'all. I don't know why I just shared this.

I don't think it has been all that cool in the area- can a local chime in? A few chilly nights but I got the feeling that the days were pretty much in the 70's?

The perp is probably local but I think it likely he has committed crimes in other jurisdictions or states. This crime may be an escalation from past crimes but there were past crimes, bad ones. So maybe a person who has lived in other places.
I wonder if he/ she will be someone who blends in with society..does not look out of place at a play ground or PTA meeting?
Also, I won't be surprised if he drives a dwt!

We are not members of the media and are not being recorded for thousands of people to see/hear. I think that's the point that's trying to be made. I believe journalists should behave in a professional manner while on the job and should not be joking around when we have a missing, more than likely murdered, little girl on our hands. But, your mileage may vary and that's really okay.

Actually, there are approx. 450 people viewing this thread right now. And the comments that are posting here will be here for years. I can go back and read things from previous cases and so can the family of these victims.

I have a very close family member who covered the OJ trial for a Los Angeles news station. She lived and breathed the trial from start to finish. She was exposed to all of the testimony and evidence and reported on it several times a day for news stations across the country. During the trial she started noticing that she couldn't sleep, and when she did she often had nightmares.
By the end of the trial she had sought professional help for depression. These folks are just human beings like the rest of us. Not perfect....but human.

I really cant remember one case where a predator kidnapped a child, raped, and murdered them that didnt get the DP if the state they were convicted in had it.

IMO

Jorelys Rivera/Georgia--But to be fair, Ryan Brunn 'confessed' in exchange for a life sentence, which ended up being only a few days since he killed himself right after he was transferred. Hmmm.... was he charged with kidnapping? But anyway, I think if he hadn't have confessed, the state would definitely have gone death penalty.

New thread coming up. Becareful posting so you don't lose anything.

Salem

The likelihood of anyone abducting your kid is .2%. Tell Jessica's mom that!

Many parents have had to go through this same hell.

When it is someone's child the stats dont mean a da*n thing.

And that is successful abductions.

There are many many attempted abductions yearly. It is ocurring on a daily basis all across this country. It isnt because they arent trying to abduct children because they are. Some are just not as successful as others but they are out there everyday trying to nab children.

IMO

Sorry in advance. Warning: these are graphic ponderings, but I'll try to gentle them:

While I have been leaning towards the likelihood that animal scavengers were responsible for the 'not intact'...

I wonder if they're leaning 'local' because the victim was clearly methodically made not intact by a human, and a human would have to have a safe, secure, well lit, and very private place of their own nearby to make 'not intact' happen.

Moo.

Maybe he has a cabin?

I think those closest to such a perp live in a constant state of denial and/or fear of dealing with their thoughts and such observations. Ala Mrs Sandusky!

I was thinking the same thing - another that comes to mind is Dennis Rader, BTK killer who was married 34 years during most of the murders he committed. Could these guys REALLY be that great at acting? Which is why I fear the profiler's plea will fall on deaf ears to those close to this perp.

Originally Posted by JaimeInLA
Usually we hear of a severed head. I've never heard of a severed body. Are they implying that the body was found, but not the head? Or am I reading way too much into this?

JVM, asked both of her expert pundits how long it should take, and how would they identify the dismembered body. The retired Police Chief replied, 'dental records', and the other pundit followed suit..
Seems obvious, imo, what a dismembered body means when, ID is delayed. Wonder where HLN's JVM gets her expert pundits from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth