CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And also the resemblance between Jessica and the 11 yr old victim in Cody, WY. I think the fact that they're now saying they do not believe there's a connection between the car in NH and Jessica is interesting. That could mean that they're fairly sure the body in CO is her so she obviously wouldn't be in NH or MN. However, what if the perp in the Jessica case IS the one that abandoned the car in NH and he has another child? Perhaps he has one that he keeps around? Oh fright.
The FBI stated earlier today that they do not believe the Cody WY case and this one are connected. And the car found in Portsmouth-which was confirmed to be the one spotted by the witnesses on Sunday-was also found to be unrelated (per Portsmouth LE)

That is what I had read somewhere as well. I am searching for the article right now. I think it may have been a U.K. news source, strangely.

The other thing I wanted to mention was the fact that dismemberment is quite different from something described as not intact. Not intact may just indicate part of the body is missing.
It is fairly easy to determine whether an animal or a human is to blame for the condition of the remains. We do this often at archaeological sites.

I already asked this earlier, but does anyone recall a mention of a 15 year old girl from the area that has also gone missing without a trace? I have not been able to locate the thread in which it was mentioned.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/293899/222/Body-dismembered-still-unknown-if-its-Jessica

This article also says "dismembered." Wonder if they know more than us.

I never trust media and their wording choices. They can make things appear very different from what they really are just by choosing their words very carefully. Sensationalism, anyone?

Not saying that's necessarily the case here, or whether it's even intentional. But I've been following this stuff long enough to know that media can get things very very wrong, many many times.

Last night I was heartbroken. Today I am physically sick. I can only hope this child was deceased before her body was degraded and left by the road as if it were garbage. Please let this monster be caught fast before another child catches his eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spent all of last night hoping/wishing that she had somehow not been conscious when being attacked, assaulted, etc...I know it is probably unlikely, but I can't imagine otherwise.

Does anyone have a relationship with the P.I. from the MS case ( the one that gave his time on the MS case for free) that involved BSL.... Maybe he could help clarify things like not intact and dismembered and much more....

That is what I had read somewhere as well. I am searching for the article right now. I think it may have been a U.K. news source, strangely.

The other thing I wanted to mention was the fact that dismemberment is quite different from something described as not intact. Not intact may just indicate part of the body is missing.
It is fairly easy to determine whether an animal or a human is to blame for the condition of the remains. We do this often at archaeological sites.

I already asked this earlier, but does anyone recall a mention of a 15 year old girl from the area that has also gone missing without a trace? I have not been able to locate the thread in which it was mentioned.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Vanished about a month ago...

Last night there was all kinds of interpretations of what was seen in various photos...I don't believe any of them showed a black trash bag. Anyone?

Not that it matters, but when I learned that the backpack was found, I pictured it being found on the side of a road, in open space much like this. I was thinking, well, I hope they take care with tire tracks and footprints. I was shocked to find out it was found on a sidewalk. No point to this post, other than to share that I'm not surprised we are at this location after all. :( I wish we weren't.

Please have a look at the image below. I will have more to say about the location where the victim's body was found, as it is a locally well-known site/vicinity and is frequented by curiosity-seekers and photographers.

<<<Snip>>>

Zola,
Why is the site frequented by curiosity seekers and photographers&#8230;please don&#8217;t say it is because a tree sometimes appears upright even though it is truly lying down&#8230;.

Is it well known because of it being a place where they fly model airplanes or is there a greater meaning to the location to someone that is local?

Jade

Wait ,what! I see your graffiti post- what is the significance?!

There are currently 293 guests viewing this thread. Guys, all of you have something to say about this case and everyone's opinions are valued here. Please sign up so we can hear what you think.

The graffiti-covered wall in the image below is located on the south-side of the highway, southeast from where the victim's body was discovered.
NOTE: High-winds may have fallen the tree.

1 - Culvert
2 - Fence post
3 - Tree
4 - Abandoned building

body_location_0011_viewlookingnorth_1_zpsacdcadaa.jpg

Image recorded by Google Maps "October 2007."
body_location_006_1_zpsabd21987.jpg

If this is the original place her body was placed you would think it would have been placed further down in the hole as not to be seen. It is almost like it was displayed where it COULD be seen more easily.

Like in Samantha Runion's case.

IMO

http://www.9news.com/news/article/293899/222/Body-dismembered-still-unknown-if-its-Jessica

This article also says "dismembered." Wonder if they know more than us.

Dismembered gives the impression that it was done by a human, purposefully. I'm still thinking that is probably what happened and then the animals dispersed it. Ugh. And, perhaps, the monster took her head somewhere else entirely, knowing that it would make the ID all the more difficult and make the pain to her family all the more worse. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible.

Dismembered could be done by an animal or human being. So I find it pretty much the same meaning. Of course the police would try to say it as sterile as possible in the PC knowing the pain and suffering of the parents.

I think LE is talking to the media behind the scenes. They even mentioned yesterday they could talk more with their officers when they have questions.

So imo I think most likely the body was intentionally dismembered. This can mean one or two things. The perp knew Jessica and didnt want her IDd or another sadist pedo has struck again.

IMO

I think this is one we'll have to agree to disagree on. I think the fact that the body is not intact is natural if it has been left out in the open for a period of time in an area reported by locals to have coyotes, lions and possibly other scavengers.

The fact that it appears that only the torso was found could mean that smaller body parts and bones were dragged off by animals. JMO

I know it's probably all semantics, but I don't want to automatically assume that some vile creature dismembered this body and dumped it. I know it happens, don't get me wrong. But in this case, where the body was found out in the elements, I feel the body being "not intact" was something that occurred naturally via animal activity. JMO, and probably because it just seems easier for me to accept.

I posted this late last night but I'm going to post it again, because it gives a good idea of what the lay of the land is in the Pattridge Park open space...it's really creepy to watch given what we now know, but some may find it interesting:

[ame="http://vimeo.com/9246162"]Pattridge Park on Vimeo[/ame]

ETA-I think the building they explore in the film is that abandoned mine shaft near where the body was found, but I could be wrong...

Last night there was all kinds of interpretations of what was seen in various photos...I don't believe any of them showed a black trash bag. Anyone?

I didn't see anything.

The problem with photos and all of us amateurs (speaking for myself here) is we can all see 100 different things in one picture. Therefore, one person "sees" a black trash bag, posts said opinion, and it gets picked up as fact.

Not blaming anyone at all (I'm certainly guilty of the same at times) it's just the way it goes, especially with a thread that is moving at lightning speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickirickicito