CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that someone could have driven their own child to school...and then returned to pick up Jessica in their car because they knew she would be walking to a certain area to meet a friend that was already at school? Mmmm....

I think that is a VERY good question. In fact, I think that is a question that needs answered very quickly. I just hope the answer is no, otherwise a couple more children are going to have their world ripped to pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If LE had a serious suspect, I wonder if they would have put out that info tonight, after waiting 6 days.They may be getting a boat load of calls-would they want a ton of most likely ultimately useless calls if they had a serious POI? Just wondering.

Maybe the message is meant for somebody they already have in mind. They may already know there is someone out there that must be suspecting something but they need that person to come forward and admit what they fear could be true.

Or, maybe not.
I couldn't help but to picture a bunch of wives thinking 'oh my gosh, my husband stayed home sick Friday for the first time in two years'.
Suspicion has to be based on more than that though.

well, the candyman in Arvada tried to lure the boy from the school grounds, so maybe she did get onto campus but not into the school. the dogs went to the school apparently and then back to another house in the 'hood.

But she never met her friend, right? And no one saw her at school, right? So its unlikely she made it there....
This whole case makes your mind spin and your heart sink.....

Is it possible that someone could have driven their own child to school...and then returned to pick up Jessica in their car because they knew she would be walking to a certain area to meet a friend that was already at school? Mmmm....

There is something about the timeline here that doesn't quite work for me.. How far away from the park does the friend J live?

I keep thinking back to when the backpack was found. Didn't the bloodhounds track the backpack to the elementary school and then back again to the backpack? Do you think the perp was experimenting to test the ability of the bloodhounds?

It popped up in my head--that he was merely collecting data on what the dogs would pick up--for his own knowledge :(. But then that might just be my brain going to dark places. So scared for CO right now.

Still catching up...honestly I thought it might be a sign that he thinks his next would be from this school. I know it is horrible, but that's where my head went right away

What do we know about the family of the little boy she was going to walk with? Do his parents both work? Have they been checked out? Did they both show up at work that day? Didn't his father drive him to school? Was she supposed to meet the boy IN the park or did she usually walk to his house? I'm not clear about why the Dad drove him to school. I believe the Mom said that she called him to see if he was walking and that when he said yes, Jessica was going to "meet" him. Perhaps that meant "go to his house" and they'd walk together from there. However, I got the impression for some reason, it meant "meet on the way". Therefore, I'm wondrering how the Dad would know that Jessica didn't show up, and he instead drove him? Of course, if she was sot come meet at his house, then the Dad would know she didn't come, but that's not the impression I got (and I'm not sure why b/c it could definitely have been the case). Do we know his address and if so, could someone please place his address on the map? I'f like to see if he was on the route to school, or if it made more sense for her to have been meeting him in the park.

On the basement thread it is said the boy was mixed up with today and yesterday. I got the impression his dad drove him the day Jessica went missing and it was the day before that he walked with her to school. The boy was asked on the day she went missing and told LE about the day before when he had seen her.

if the address I saw for him was right, it's out of the way for J to walk there, then back to the park and then to school. doesn't make sense. makes more sense that they'd meet at the park, but you're right - then the friend's dad wouldn't know unless the friend called his dad and he came and drove the friend from the park to school.

Weren't they planning to meet MORE friends at the park too? If that is the case, then I'd think the boy would just have walked with them, and not even called his dad. How far is the school from the park? If the boy arrived at the park, and Jessica didn't show, even if he wasn't meeting more friends....would most boys call their dad to come get them or just walk the short distance alone, to school (assuming it's short)? I'm guessing he could have just walked on to school, in the time it would have taken him to wait there at the park, for his dad to pick him up. Hmmm...

I don't think we have a complete timeline, and the story about J meeting the friend or not has not been cleared up. it's been confusing since the beginning. esp at the home - did the friend leave the house with J? - no, apparently. the story about J meeting her friend changed, and never did make sense. and her own path to school may have been diverted by her own choice at first. who knows where she was, what time it was and who she was with or not with? we don't know.

There is something about the timeline here that doesn't quite work for me.. How far away from the park does the friend J live?

From what I saw on the 9News video, the reporter showed the barbed wire fence and the culvert, and showed how there was room beneath the fence to climb through. I guess water running through the culvert has worn the earth down or something, because the ground beneath part of the fence has been eroded. I don't know how big the gap beneath the fence is - the reporter didn't crawl through it, but that would have been a great visual aid!!

But I am not sure how someone could carry/drag a body (or parts) under the fence without being seen, it's awfully close to the road. I know the road is not frequently traveled, but still, it's an awful big risk IMO.

Do it after dark would be my guess.

My personal theory is that this perp is bold as brass and actually enjoys risk taking.

On the basement thread it is said the boy was mixed up with today and yesterday. I got the impression his dad drove him the day Jessica went missing and it was the day before that he walked with her to school. The boy was asked on the day she went missing and told LE about the day before when he had seen her.

But the Mom said that Jessica called him to see if he was walking and that she (Mom) was comforted by that b/c I believe it was snowing. I think they were planning to meet. I don't know what you mean about a mixup but I think they were planning to meet that morning (or at least Jessica and her Mom thought so).

we don't know. maybe usually but not in the snow? the mom said a big group walks home together, but didn't say they walk to school in a big group.

Weren't they planning to meet MORE friends at the park too? If that is the case, then I'd think the boy would just have walked with them, and not even called his dad. How far is the school from the park? If the boy arrived at the park, and Jessica didn't show, even if he wasn't meeting more friends....would most boys call their dad to come get them or just walk the short distance alone, to school (assuming it's short)? I'm guessing he could have just walked on to school, in the time it would have taken him to wait there at the park, for his dad to pick him up. Hmmm...

It would just seem that law enforcement should provide a clearer timeline of her exact schedule that morning (her exact route and anticipated times). If the road she was walking on had homes, I would think there would have been people in their driveway going to work, walking dog, or perhaps people driving by. I am note sure if she lived in a development w lots of homes, etc. But the fact that no one saw her at all ( i think ) makes me think the route was isolated or perhaps she only got a block or two before the abduction occurred.

There are no reports of any scream so either the abduction happened with the perp having a gun, it was someone she knew or the abduction happened along an isolated spot on the walk where no one could hear her. Walking to school, a line like finding a puppy would not work I doubt. I doubt she would have willingly went in the car unless it was someone familiar.

I suppose she also did not have a cell phone in her pack or else LE would perhaps be able to find its location possibly w the GPS, possibly. Though perhaps she was a little young for a cell phone. A cell phone though is not a bad idea for any child bc possibly in a case like this the GPS could determine location.

I still hold out hope that there could be a Jaycee/ Elizabeth smart resolution! Looks like the Maine/NH angle did not pan out, I was hopeful when I read that last night. But it is probably too much to hope for. It would be too coincidental to find a recently decreased body near the area at the same time and it not be her.

They have 3 different scenes of the crime so when they do find a suspect, if this was a crime of opportunity done in a haste, cell phone records could be key if there are pings in all three places that weekend. Places are far enough apart that there would be no real reason for someone to have pings on all 3 places especially if they can narrow down the times when the book bag and body were dropped. Person might not have been thinking and made calls out so even if they do not have DNA this seems like an excellent case for cell phone tech to rule in a suspect.

We need desperately to find the perp!
Keep your kids close until we do! The perp is close! Imo

or doesn't have a lot of time to be away from home/family/work so he does a quick drop in an area he knows well?

Do it after dark would be my guess.

My personal theory is that this perp is bold as brass and actually enjoys risk taking.

well, the candyman in Arvada tried to lure the boy from the school grounds, so maybe she did get onto campus but not into the school. the dogs went to the school apparently and then back to another house in the 'hood.

That reminds me of Kyron Horman who disappeared from his school one morning before class began. The school made big changes in their security, even though LE suspected his stepmother. It might explain the lockdown at the school now. What if she was on campus? Would the school hold any liability?

I think I could identify my kids' torsos. I know every mole, birthmark, and freckle. However, I KNOW I wouldn't want to....

I wouldn't want to be the police officer or medical examiner standing next to a family member trying to identify only part of a body. I don't think anyone else wants to either and it isn't necessary when DNA results can be gotten in 48 hours or so.

This is interesting and I didn't know this. So this I presume, would mean that she actually arrived at school, then left with someone.

1. If she was meeting the boy, why did she arrive at school without him? Perhaps she showed up late at his house for some reason, and the boy had already gone on to school with his Dad, without her. For this to be accurate, the dogs would have had likely tracked to the boy's house before arriving at school.

2. I understand that most 10-year-olds know about "Stranger Danger" but I also understand that (obviously) kids can be lured. Having said that, it seems unlikely that a kid would be lured from a school in the morning upon arrival, without anyone noticing.

I emailed the story to the Westminster PD, but not sure if they'll pass it on to local LE here. I really don't know if it was anything. The woman said she was from the college and her class was doing the survey. She said she had older kids -10 & 13. She was an older non-traditional student. She didn't appear to be with the 2 men, but I didn't watch her after she left. She could have been unrelated to the men. The men did throw me. They were talking to each other, maybe to my DD too. I went over towards them b/c my DD had laid down on her belly on the raised walkway on the large playground structure and the men were under either side of it and I wanted her to move in case other kids came running by. it was the way the men retreated immediately and quietly without any kids with them when I came by that was strange. who knows.

OMG <modsnip>Either way, please let local authorities know about this. We seem to be close to each other community wise, and if this is happening they need people to know.

Besides.... anyone who is new and hasn't 'been to the basement' yet, needs to check it out! Welcome to all new posters!!! :welcome4:

Oh really? I just thought it was like a private group and newbies weren't allowed.

I keep thinking about what the mother said - how "she wants to be a teenager before she's a teenager". Twin Peaks has also been in my head lately. I wonder if J goes to another nearby public location with a restroom to change into "teen" type clothes. In the process she is noticed. Then she is late to meet her friend wherever he may be, and meets someone or is followed on the longer walk alone to school. Maybe it could be the Arvada candyman and not someone who has watched her and her house, routine, schedule etc.

why not change at school though instead of taking the long way and being late?

This is interesting and I didn't know this. So this I presume, would mean that she actually arrived at school, then left with someone.

1. If she was meeting the boy, why did she arrive at school without him? Perhaps she showed up late at his house for some reason, and the boy had already gone on to school with his Dad, without her. For this to be accurate, the dogs would have had likely tracked to the boy's house before arriving at school.

2. I understand that most 10-year-olds know about "Stranger Danger" but I also understand that (obviously) kids can be lured. Having said that, it seems unlikely that a kid would be lured from a school in the morning upon arrival, without anyone noticing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member