CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so. I believe they found it b/c LE confirmed J did have a unicorn pillow pet. I interpret that as they found it and confirmed with the family that J owned a unicorn pillow pet.

I don't see anywhere where they said they found a purple pillow pet unicorn. They say that yes she does have one. Which leads me to believe a witness may be saying they saw her walking with one. Then Mom confirms yes she does have one and it is at home. I could be wrong though.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8435263&postcount=2171"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

. A good comuter program could do this in a timely manner? IDK?

I do not know about a good comuter program but a good computer program could scan this data rather quickly for matches, much in the same way one can scan their own pc for duplicate files.

I believe it is 4:30 pm that afternoon a call was made from landline at Jessica's to J's house (probably asking if they had seen her all day).

Your point is good though about calling J with Mom's cell phone at 7:40 if her alarm goes off at 7:45!! Good catch!!

Also do you have info about which house was searched or can you direct me to where I can find out that info? Tia!

I almost always get up before my alarm goes off, it's very possible that's what happened with J.

Much better hiding places up there....and yet he chose a place where the remains were close to the road and basically out in the open.

I hate to say this but it would not have taken that much more time to bury the body parts!!

I wonder if he buried the missing parts, in an attempt to increase the feeling power/control.....to taunt police.

I would say that he is probably feeling rather proud of himself right know :furious:

Unfortunately I think you're right.

I think when talking about Jessica and her friend J - we should not refer to Jessica as J. It is getting confusing if ppl are talking about the friend or Jessica.

So Jessica = Jessica or JR
Friend = J

Just an idea.

Much better hiding places up there....and yet he chose a place where the remains were close to the road and basically out in the open.

I hate to say this but it would not have taken that much more time to bury the body parts!!

I wonder if he buried the missing parts, in an attempt to increase the feeling power/control.....to taunt police.

I would say that he is probably feeling rather proud of himself right know :furious:

Wants the body to be found. Does remind me of the Jorelys Rivera case, in which the killer even left a note saying where the body was, and they might not have ever found her, otherwise.

I do not know about a good comuter program but a good computer program could scan this data rather quickly for matches, much in the same way one can scan their own pc for duplicate files.

I have never gotten used to my netbooks keyboard....

the odd thing is the SGT states the 4:30 call "listed" J at her own home. what on earth does that mean????

why would J have her mom's cell at 7:40AM?

here's the link to the police transcript. search for "noise disturbance" and "basement door" to find the neighbor's house.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8435263&postcount=2171"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I believe it is 4:30 pm that afternoon a call was made from landline at Jessica's to J's house (probably asking if they had seen her all day).

Your point is good though about calling J with Mom's cell phone at 7:40 if her alarm goes off at 7:45!! Good catch!!

Also do you have info about which house was searched or can you direct me to where I can find out that info? Tia!

I can't keep up! Work is getting in my way here!

One thing I do not get is the cell phone pings? Whose cell phone pings?

Jessica was only 10, did she have a cell phone? A zillion people travel within those three towers. I am confused as usual.

I could have taken it wrong but... I think the way it was said is that they are going to look for a "phone #" that pinged in the 3 known areas that jessica or her belongings have been. the area were she was on her way to school, the area were her bookbag was found and the area were the "not intact" body was found. idk jmo

Ok,,,but I am sure there are people that live there that their phones hit all three towers too and have nothing to do with this.
Why do they think the person had a cell phone on them, did I miss something?? And thank you!

IMO, this is part of LE's "leave no stone unturned" approach to this case. If they get a list of numbers that pinged on all three towers, that could be useful information when it comes to including or excluding a suspect. JMO.

Kenny Holmes 7News ‏@KHOLMESlive
Police let out of @WestminsterPD. Look to be heading to search. In hoodies as temp feels cooler today #jessicaridgeway pic.twitter.com/TJTBmvoj

Something is taking place on 9News Live. Does anyone know if this is in connection with Jessica?

It's merely a process of elimination. The pool of people whose phones hit all 3 towers will be whittled down based on the profile set forth by the FBI. Based on the premise that most folks have a cell phone, it's just one more investigative tool.

Ok i see, but nothing definate that is pointing to that?

I think when talking about Jessica and her friend J - we should not refer to Jessica as J. It is getting confusing if ppl are talking about the friend or Jessica.

So Jessica = Jessica or JR
Friend = J

Just an idea.

Thank you. I totally misread at least one post.

The ultimate power trip......I'll only give you some of the parts and the rest you will never find......what a ***hole!! God I hope the family gets thru this.

Since we’re all speculating I might as well too. IMO the dismemberment was for gratification and to remove traces of whoever abducted and murdered Jessica. Dismemberment is the ultimate dehumanizing of another being. Molestation, rape and torture being minor to the final act and the thrill it provides the demented. The way he disposed of her appears casual. No fear of how soon she might be found. Just a quick stop on the road and throw the remains over the fence. Time may pass before the rest is found, if ever. The positioning of the backpack appears to be a taunt to LE and somewhat of a game as he is enjoying terrifying the populace and is proud of his evil acts. He must be feeling quite powerful at this point as he has the entire area rearranging their lives due to the fear most are having for the safety of their children. If he isn’t stopped he will continue with his demonic deeds.

sure. it just doesn't match mom's description of that morning.
"her alarm goes off at 7:45, she comes down, watches TV, eats granola bar, goes back up" etc.... paraphrasing in the quotes.

nothing about JR getting up early and using mom's cell phone. but mom's description of that morning was a generalized memory of JR's average morning, not a direct recollection of that particular morning. and she omitted a few things about that morning- from doing statement analysis on her story.

I almost always get up before my alarm goes off, it's very possible that's what happened with J.

ok, yes. 4:30 would have been J's mom calling friend's dad to ask if he's seen her, correct? it was mentioned in the same sentence as the 7:30 AM call so I thought they meant AM at first. but they did say "got another call" at 4:30.
the weird thing is, they say that 4:30 call listed J at "this house". does that mean she was at her own house? maybe they mis-spoke? but it would indicate "on scene" is J's house, correct?
also, it is mentioned that J called friend at 7:40, not 7:30 when the friend's father said he recv'd the call. This is all before J's alarm went off at 7:45AM per the mom's interview.

something does not add up with the calls and the friend.

The other thing that's odd is that when the Mom was recanting the morning's events, it made it sound as though Jessica got up, got dressed, peeled her orange, etc. etc. and THEN made a call. She was telling a story as though it was chronological. However, someone did say that at that time, she changed the tone from present to past tense. Perhaps this is why. Maybe Jessica had made the phone call before any of these things happened, but that wasn't the impression I got. Therefore, I was thinking the phone call was made more like around 8:30, the way the Mom told the story.

IMO, this is part of LE's "leave no stone unturned" approach to this case. If they get a list of numbers that pinged on all three towers, that could be useful information when it comes to including or excluding a suspect. JMO.

If there are certain numbers that hit all three cell towers and at the times that would fit the windows they are looking at, I would expect that to give them a relatively small pool of people. Then it could be determined if those people might have something to do with the case. (Or, they may have a suspect in mind and are checking the cellphone information to verify their whereabouts.) JMO

Respectfully BBM
And with all due respect, how is LE supposed to know what information is vital to protecting the integrity and what is not? Upon first glance, some things may not seem important. But until they have all the other vital pieces, they won't know.

MissieM, I could write a book on the many reasons that hold back evidence/info should not be with held from the public. But, in a nutshell, many cases grow cold due citizens having significant information in a case, yet are unaware that they do.

I began researching missing/murdered investigation strategies about 5 years ago, when silence & misinformation by investigators caused the tragic demise of a local abduction victim. I was looking for common denominators in missing/murder persons cases that were solved, as opposed to cases that went cold.

I witnessed an abductor & his innocent victim in the woods near my home, the day before she met her demise. The public was misinformed & vital info was held close to the vest by investigators in the case. This prevented me from connecting the dots... The results were very tragic...

[ame="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032600/vp/44229388#44229388"]Dateline NBC: News stories about crime, celebrity and health[/ame]

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/the-mystery-on-blood-mountain-part-1/6wevjqz
Hiker Meredith Emerson goes missing on Georgia's Blood Mountain on New Year's Day 2008. Law enforcement officers become concerned after finding a police baton with some her possessions on a trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3