CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Former FBI profiler Clint Van Zandt says the condition of the body, which was described by Westminster police spokesman Trevor Materasso as "not intact," indicates an experienced killer.

"And if it is such a person who would do such a grisly act, it is someone who is fully capable of doing this again. And not withstanding investigators are racing against the clock to try to find the offender, before he or she might strike again," Van Zandt said.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/294021/339/FBI-Profiler-says-Jessica-suspect-could-strike-again

I'm behind this morning, but I disagree w/Mr. Van Zandt. I know he is the experienced profiler, but we saw this in Zahara's case and I don't think Baker had killed before. Also, LE says based on statistics they are looking for a man, and I think that is short sighted because of the Sandra Cantu and Victoria Stafford cases. Unless they know more than we do, I don't think we should be ruling out any class/gender. My thought is this could very well be a first time offender that thinks he/she is smarter than the rest of the world given the way the perp has spread the remains around.

Lots of prayers go out to Jessica and her family.

Salem

If the perp didn't split town, I'll bet he helped search for her or continues to help right now. I'll bet he is very concerned about the whole thing too.

What are you seeing? I've got their live feed up (and have had for hours) and all I'm seeing is a live shot of the area. Am I on the wrong feed?

Here's where I am: http://www.9news.com/video/player_live_2.aspx

Looks to me like they may be at the airport? It's been on now for about 15 minutes or so, lots of talking in the background about "shots", but I can't hear anything else. Probably a totally unrelated story about the airport.

I'm behind this morning, but I disagree w/Mr. Van Zandt. I know he is the experienced profiler, but we saw this in Zahara's case and I don't think Baker had killed before. Also, LE says based on statistics they are looking for a man, and I think that is short sighted because of the Sandra Cantu and Victoria Stafford cases. Unless they know more than we do, I don't think we should be ruling out any class/gender. My thought is this could very well be a first time offender that thinks he/she is smarter than the rest of the world given the way the perp has spread the remains around.
Lots of prayers go out to Jessica and her family.

Salem

I agree with you, but have remains been found in other places? tia

That's interesting, does not sound very legal though.

If it's voluntarily then it's pefectly legal. most people when a baby is missing or a child will do whatever it helps.

In the case of baby Lisa Irwin, more than 300 volunteered to have their homes searched as a way to rule them out.

552393_401036829968303_617539627_n.jpg

Her Mom must have just gotten her school pictures from this year back. :(

I know that the answer to my question is probably in the first thread somewhere and I tried searching myself but there is sooo much stuff.

Did LE say specifically that the park that Jessica meets her friend at is Chelsea Park?

I believe so. I know MSM has reported it as Chelsea Park since Day 1.

Here's where I am: http://www.9news.com/video/player_live_2.aspx

Looks to me like they may be at the airport? It's been on now for about 15 minutes or so, lots of talking in the background about "shots", but I can't hear anything else. Probably a totally unrelated story about the airport.

Thanks and it is unrelated, at least I think so. Mass tranport system (trains?) is having computer problems. MOO

Edited to add -- it is at the airport. http://www.9news.com/news/article/294065/222/Train-malfunction-causes-delays-at-DIA

Seriously. I would have my family lined up to help clear things up for these guys

I would too and in a case of a missing 10 year old and a partial body found I think anything should be legal. jmo

we may be allowing discussion of the transcription upstairs but in no way does that change the rules on discussion about mom, family, or sleuthing people not related to this crime in general.

I am just jumping off your post to make a point (and not saying you were doing this :)

It's fine to use my post as an example but wanted you to know that I wasn't sleuthing Mom. I was merely trying to establish a timeline....doesn't mean I blame mom, because at this point, I don't. My intention was to give an explaination for why she may have gone from past tense to present tense. Perhaps she was just sharing the morning's events and not doing so in chronoligical order. I had orginionally felt that the call was made around 8:30 but after thining about what one poster mentioned regarding her change of tenses, I'm wondering if perhaps she was rambling about their morning, then switched to past tense b/c the call had happened earlier.

the odd thing is the SGT states the 4:30 call "listed" J at her own home. what on earth does that mean????

why would J have her mom's cell at 7:40AM?

here's the link to the police transcript. search for "noise disturbance" and "basement door" to find the neighbor's house.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Good catch on the time issue! I hadn't thought of that.
It sparked my attention that the Dad also said the morning call was from an unkown voicemail (the # was later established to be JR's mom's cell) but the word voicemail makes me wonder if she never actually talked to the friend's dad and the call went to voicemail. Maybe she never received confirmation they would be there. Did she just go on to the park on the assumption that they would be there? Did she wait for a little while in the cold and then continue the walk to school or did she really never make it to the park? Do we have any other MSM confimation (like direct quote) that the Dad ever went to the park or did friend's Dad drive him to school and go on about his day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member