CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some posters Stated they thought they saw blood on the ground where the body was found. That could be what is being referenced.

The red areas that appeared in the video from the helicopter flyover of the body discovery scene were actually red-tipped evidence markers.

Can anyone link the Channel 9 live feed so we have it ready? The presser will be in about 45 minutes or so.....

Salem

ETA: and when we find it again, I will link it up in the first post, so that we always have it handy.

That would be great for some non-locals and those with just internet.

Can someone point me to the news article where they stated they located her glasses? I only read her backpack (they didn't specify contents) and her water bottle. Thank you!

There are no articles that state the glasses were in the bookbag. I said that her clothes and glasses were "probably" in the bookbag. I think that is a good possibility because it was right after the bookbag was found that LE started making statements to not focus on the clothes she had been wearing because she 'may have changed clothes", and to not focus on her with glasses on. Sorry for the confusion.

I don't know the answer to that question, and if I did, I probably would not answer. My conflict is that there is a line between trying to be proactive on this site, and schadenfreude. If you are unfamiliar with the concept, here is a link to the wikipedia page which discusses it in some detail.

Schadenfreude - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sure is a lot of conjecture around here. I'd rather stick to what is fact.

If it had some weight it might sit up like that. My backpack has my gyn shoes, purse, clothes, and a whole bunch of other things in it. If I drop it, I'll bet it lands upright.

LOL, I know exactly what you mean!

But your argument was that the backpack could have been dropped somewhere on Friday, during the time period when no one knew Jessica was missing. And then an animal might have dragged the backpack in an attempt to get food out of it (IIRC), resulting in it winding up where it did.

If an animal had dragged the backpack, I don't think the bag would be in any condition to sit upright. I imagine the contents of the bag would have come out in the process of an animal digging/tearing into it. JMO, since I have no personal knowledge of the damage an animal can inflict while rummaging through a backpack.:waitasec:

The school very well could have other numbers to try in the event of an emergency, and might well have tried those numbers -- IF -- they viewed the child's absence as an emergency.

How does your kid's school define "emergency"? I suspect at most schools, an emergency is something like:
- the child is hurt on the schoolyard, or in an science experiment, needs medical attention.
- child has an asthma attack, needs medical attention
- school fire
- shooting at the school - locked down - must alert parents

The thing is, how many schools are going to define a child not arriving on time as an emergency? Odds are the staff making the calls to parents on absent kids, who's parents hadn't called in to say their kids were not coming did not deem an absence from school as an emergency.

Its possible this kid and her family is well known at the school - maybe she had the sniffles the day before and they all just thought she wasn't feeling well and mom had forgotten to call it in?

I doubt most schools would deem a kid not showing up as an emergency - if they did, they'd be making a lot of emergency calls to parents and extra contacts every morning.

Do we know for a fact that the school even attempted to contact the Mom?

The news conference is set for 5 p.m. CST. KCTV5.com will livestream the news conference with a "clean" feed. That means you shouldn't have to worry about a reporter talking or anything like from the other feed. The feed will go live at 4:50 p.m. CST.

thank you WSers for keeping me up on this case. The father is from the KC area so we have keen interest locally.

Prayers going up for the family (whoever they may be) that most likely got the worst news in their life today.

Some posters Stated they thought they saw blood on the ground where the body was found. That could be what is being referenced.

IMO, if it was not intact I don't think they were out in the open, I would think they were in a bag of some kind.

True, that, about animals. I wasn't even considering animals, duh. That makes a lot of sense... then there wouldn't be any evidence at all.

I don't live in the area, but in a neighboring state, and I've visited the area many times over the years.

Colorado has vast unpopulated mountainous areas that begin right outside of Denver. It is literally at the foothills of the Rockies. I would think if someone wanted to put a body where it wouldn't be found, or where it would be 'taken care of' by nature in short order, they would go farther than just six miles away. There are many barely-traveled scenic overlooks, and this is not high season for tourists. Summer traffic is gone, and ski season is just around the corner.

I do believe he wanted evidence to be found, because of all the states in the country, Colorado has some of the most opportune places to leave something to the wildlife that is barely reachable by humans (meaning if something was thrown from a scenic overlook, you might not be able to get to it to retrieve it)... and instead, he chose a spot that was near the city in an easy-to-walk publicly owned open space that is 'urban' enough that it merits trash pickup crews.

I am wondering:

1) Approximate area of abduction.
2) Area of evidence discovery - back pack, water bottle.
3) *Area(s) not yet discovered - where perp(s) did what he did.
4) Area of body discovery.
5) *Area(s) not yet discovered - potential other body evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx