CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which IMO points to a local who couldn't travel a long distance without his absence going unnoticed.

ETA: I think the suspect is able to spend a great deal of time alone, either lives alone, works alone or somehow can be secluded for some time without anyone noticing. However, I also think that he does have somone or someones who account for his whereabouts at some point during the day/night.

Yes... He had to get back.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

If the perp is a very local person, he/she would have wanted to get back to the neighborhood ASAP, just in case her absence had raised alarm bells early in the morning. Best for them if they were there, or wherever they normally would be in the morning hours, when LE started coming round. If so, then she was probably killed elsewhere and quickly, and the bag dropped the next night.Just thinking aloud.

Again, correct me if I am wrong, but I thought I read that the man who found the backpack after looking in it realized it probably belonged to the girl that was missing. And that is why he contacted the LE. So, I have thought all along there was something in there indicating her name, etc. Maybe a notebook or something. jmo

As I understand it, the man found the backpack and noted the name on the water bottle.

He then sent out a listserv to his community, telling them where had found the backpack of Jessica Ridgeway and it could be collected ("Come and get it")

Another member of the community contacted the finder and told him Jessica was missing. At that point he phoned it in.

Until that point, he was unaware there was a missing child.

Which IMO points to a local who couldn't travel a long distance without his absence going unnoticed.

ETA: I think the suspect is able to spend a great deal of time alone, either lives alone, works alone or somehow can be secluded for some time without anyone noticing. However, I also think that he does have somone or someones who account for his whereabouts at some point during the day/night.

Even so, I'd think that within fifteen minutes, he could've been deep enough into the mountains to place a body in a place that would have been much less likely to result in it being found than the place he left it.

Thinking aloud... I do think he wanted the body to be found, but wondering if the location could have also been chosen due to time constraints? Maybe he had responsibilities he had to return to?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

This is why I think it is somebody in their 30's or younger, somebody who knows that people frequently go to this area on little ghost hunts and just to party. This is also the reason a garbage truck is scheduled to clean the area. I imagine there are a lot of bottles and trash left each weekend.

Don't forget the piece of crap car factor. A car will roll around town but not be so inclined to go to farther than that and it's fairly likely that the abductor was not in a newer Mercedes.

LOL...sorry that was funny, and yet a VERY true statement!!!

As I understand it, the man found the backpack and noted the name on the water bottle.

He then sent out a listserv to his community, telling them where had found the backpack of Jessica Ridgeway and it could be collected ("Come and get it")

Another member of the community contacted the finder and told him Jessica was missing. At that point he phoned it in.

Until that point, he was unaware there was a missing child.

What is 'listserv'? It sounds like a great communication tool for the community. tia

That theory is ridiculous... whoever proposed such a theory has not thought it necessary to discover even the few facts about the backpack that have become known.

That was my theory. I am sorry, but I don't understand? What might I be missing?

If someone has an iPad friendly live site for the presser, I, for one, would be ever so grateful. All the ones I have tried don't run.

Even so, I'd think that within fifteen minutes, he could've been deep enough into the mountains to place a body in a place that would have been much less likely to result in it being found than the place he left it.

Thanks. I'm not familiar with the area so I wasn't sure how close "isolated" spots would be.

HLN just said 20 minutes till news conference.

Right. My reply was only in in response and in regard to the other poster asking "what if Jessica had gotten sick at school?".
Our schools don't make emergency contact calls for regular absences either. They make one call to the home # listed and leave a mssg if they don't reach the parent.

That was perhaps me, and my kids schools call within 30 minutes of the opening bell if a child is absent and don't stop calling (even in high school) till they reach a live person on the list provided. This not only ensures student safety, it tremendously cuts down on school absenteeism rates. It also ensures that nearly 100% of parents call the school to notify of any kind of absence--- even for a before school appointment that may run a few minutes late. These are not small schools, the elementary/ middle school building has about 750 students and the high school nearly 1,000. The system works perfectly and no, none of the calls are automated or recorded. An adult office staff member calls, the key is that there are FEW calls to be made, because absences are few, and parent compliance with prior notification is nearly 100%.

I find it interesting that there is a convicted sex offender, unspecified, that lived just around the corner from Jessica's house. His picture also matches the description of a sketch made from two victims of attempted abductions in neighboring Arvada. He was born in 1984.

Yes. There is another that lives a bit further away (like, a mile or two) whose particular facial features match even better, IMO.

I hesitate to say anything more about them on here, because it's a very emotional thing and we don't even know what their offense was... it could have been something completely unrelated to children. I wouldn't want to contribute to a witch-hunt sort of feeling, because that's not what this site is about.

But yeah, I find it compelling, too, at the very least.

Did perp(s) realize there would be a maintenance crew on 82nd?

Did perp(s) want early body discovery or no body discovery or didn't matter one way or another?

Given the body discovery location, it appears the perp(s) had no concern for hiding at least those remains although, body placement was at least close to if not directly in path of a drainage route that would have sped up decomp due to water runoff exposure to the remains

Or, was that specific placement simply part of "staging", as was mentioned in an earlier thread?

Is there a significance with the drainage location beyond simple decomp physics?

Or does the 'location' significance expand to include the total environment, the abandoned mine / mine shafts, the 1910 tragedy, the approaching "Halloween" date or perhaps some personal tragedy specific to the perp(s)?

What is 'listserv'? It sounds like a great communication tool for the community. tia

It is an email based subscription server. Basically it is a server that holds a list of subscribers and forwards any message from a subscriber to all the members. Usually, it can be read as an email subscription or as a website.

If someone has an iPad friendly live site for the presser, I, for one, would be ever so grateful. All the ones I have tried don't run.

Have you tried to top link that Knox just added here? (The kctv5 link.)

Maybe that one will load for you. I think she said they were going to open the link in 6 more minutes. (10 min before the presser begins.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper