CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, who LAUGHS on air at a press conference announcing a child has been murdered?
Tasteless.

I think someone told this spokesman not to spook the tourists.

God. Had to use DNA to ID her. I'm guessing...maybe the teeth weren't...I'm sorry I'm trying to be delicate, but maybe that part was missing?

LE wearing purple dress shirt and striped tie. Such a caring, caring agency. The best example of law enforcement I have ever seen.

I will be praying for the capture of this monster who harmed a beautiful, innocent, little girl.

I beg to differ - lockouts are NOT common in the case of a missing child. And coming right out and saying there is a pedator in the community! I think that is huge.

Salem

It would be great if they had a picture of a possible vehicle!

Jessica.....

All strangers aren't like the one you met. There are thousands of us that did not know you..... yet we search, love, hope, work, pray, and fight..... not only for you, but for all innocence children everywhere. While millions of children are safe right now, we mourn for you... our little girl.... because just one murdered child is one too many.

We will continue to fight. While your death hurts us to the core of our souls, it also ignites a fire within us that will ensure that you will not be forgotten, and the evil whom you met will NOT go unpunished.... here on earth or before Almighty God.

Working toward taking a picture of control centre - will post a photo on twitter and FB account.

Will answer few questions

Q: Abduction
A: had limited information. Working tirelessly round the clock. parents continue to engage children with safety messages. You will recognise something suspicious in neighbourhood.

A: Colorado Bureau Investigation forensic lab processing evidence and DNA

Q: Ask about specific evidence.
A: Have not disclosed or discussed any information of evidence.

Q: Was the school targeted, will there be more LE?
A: Jeff County continuing to use lockout and work toward safety.

A: Every one of LE and support staff have family (list member types) Knowing we are looking for someone who has harmed a 10 yr old, tireless work to resolve

A: No connection between WY case and here.

A: Not discussing .... FBI analysis unit - still looking for changes in behaviour, before or since abduction.

Cody, WY incident not connected to Jessica's case.

FAMILY HAS BEEN ELIMINATED! Make a note because there will be NO sleuthing or blaming of family!

Salem

I beg to differ - lockouts are NOT common in the case of a missing child. And coming right out and saying there is a pedator in the community! I think that is huge.

Salem

Thank you, I agree. Schools do not do these unless they feel there is imminent danger.

Presser:
Agency heads will not answer questions today.

It is Jessica.
Family notified.
PD prayers and thoughts to family.
No details will be given that jeapordize investigation.
Focus changed to mission of justice for Jessica.
Massive team including local state and federal personnel.
Predator at large in community.
Doing all in our power to apprehend and keep community and children safe.
Thank you for all volunteers who have done all they can to help.
Please continue to help and support - be vigilant, call in tips, report suspicious incident
people or behavior.
Thank you to the FBI.
FBI talking now: condolences to family.
Commitment to solve will not waiver.
Tremendous leadership from local pd.
Working with agencies they will continue neighborhood searches.
More than 500 homes, 1500 vehicles already searched.
Special child abduction unit working with them.
Have been reviewing all RSOs.
Many hundreds have been searching. Public be tolerant.
Analysis continues.
Look for changes in habits, behavior, schedules. Report them.
Child abduction team is regional (work in this region of US)
Dogs have been and will be used.
Phenomenal lab work. Working 24/7.
Media and public cooperate but use restraint. Don't jeapordize case. Be mindful on family.
Jeffco DA:
Condolences to family and friends.
Its a tragedy.
So impressed with the community responce and LE coming together from many jurisdictions, state and federal. wonderful job.
They are on a mission.
The most important thing now is investigating, apprehending and prosecution of the person who did this. Bringing that person to justice.
We will not be talking to you or answering questions because we want to protect case.
I know you understand.
Spokesperson:
What does a command post look like:
we are working to take pic that wouldnt hinder investigation and will post it. ASAP will be posted to twitter.
We will answer questions. Limited by case preservation.
Engage community in watching for clues, reporting.
Engage family in talking to kids.
You know your neighborhood. Report immed. anything suspicious.
How was she IDd? DNA. no further details will be given.
Have conditions of crime scene been entered into FBI system and have they hit on any other case? we havn't released those details yet. We will not share if we are using FBI VCAP system.
School system has been and continues to be involved and cooperative.
Lock out was because of # of officers in the area.
Reaction to officers who are working on this case. Was it hard?
Difficult to answer. All have family. Obviously we are looking for someone who harmed a child is hard to deal with. That is their focus and the tireless work they have done and will continue to do until perp is found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966