CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been lurking to catch up on this before posting. I was local to the Jorelys Rivera case which brought me here to WS.

Most of my questions were answered in the earlier threads, most of my ideas posted by others, so I have little to add so far, just 2 things that popped into my mind on the last threads

1. Swabbing people for DNA doesn't necessarily mean that LE has the perp's DNA, it could be a method of judging their reaction and compiling a list of those who refuse, or storing it to compare with hopeful future additional evidence yet to be discovered.

2. Teaching about stranger danger, I see many people mentioned they spare their kids the details. Of course it depends on the child's age and maturity level, but my choice as a parent has been NOT to spare my chidren (preteens) the details. I don't want them to live in fear, but I believe that if one day they are approached, I want it in their memory banks that some people rape and dismember kids. (I am aware we don't know if either of those things happened in this case) because I feel that knowledge will inspire them to do everything in their power to allude the potential abductor. I think movies and sugar coating have some kids thinking that getting kidnapped means being taken to live with another family and worse case scenario is missing their family, and I want mine to know that the danger is far greater.
They are both active girls , not paranoid or fearful, but very aware of their surroundings. For example, some young teens in my neighborhood were hanging out in an empty open for sale house, and my daughter said, "what if a carpet guy or something came in there and found Jane in there? That's dangerous!" so I think my tactic is working... My point is that if kids of a certain age are aware that that van pulling up might contain a sadistic killer, they will react stronger than if they are unaware such horrible things exist.

My thoughts are with the family & community. Hoping for a swift arrest.
Sorry my first post on this case rambled so long :)

Another possibility, mentioned by someone else (whose nick I cannot remember, sorry) is that the perpetrator has been intensively fantasising about the crime for a long time, years or maybe even decades. He rehearsed every move, every possibility until he had become smooth and proficient... up to a certain point.

It could be that the perpetrator's fantasies had ended at some point, which then left him with the necessity of ad libbing it when that point was reached.

I also think that the area where the remains were found may not look so desolate and isolated to someone familiar with the area. I've lived on the Great Plains all my life and made many trips to the high plains areas as well. To me, there's an obvious attraction right up that not-so-steep hill behind the location the remains were found. That's exactly the sort of place that I have stopped to explore on my trips.

Off topic: don't really care for the mountains, this plains gal was born under a lot of sky and the mountains make me claustrophobic after a few weeks. Give me a big sky and a wide land to let my imagination free and a lot of emptiness to fill my soul.
According to this article, there are abandoned coal mines up there.
http://www.9news.com/news/article/293899/71/Dismembered-body-still-unknown-if-its-Jessica That sounds a place a lot of people would normally hike, but if the road had been closed for a while, it would take a while for people to come back. In addition, it is past vacation time (I'd have gone to visit abandoned coal mines if I had been in the area), so no tourists. Does sound like someone who knows the area.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/294140/188/Inside-the-mind-of-Jessicas-killer

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...irl-jessica-ridgeway-authorities-confirm?lite

One is a former 25 year homicide detective for the denver PD.. the other is a FBI profiler. But not working on the investigation, but where evidence and remains placed, and assuming they have inside info one being a denver detective and the other being a retired FBI profiler.

Okay, they are experienced but unlikely to have specific info, in my opinion.

I'm so far behind here but must comment on this post. You may be right but someone who gave his name, called into the Nancy Grace show on October 11 (or did they contact him?) stating that he's been watching the whole recovery effort take place from his kitchen window. He said he lives above the site on a hill and can see the police coming and going, the large crane and the lights. At first he thought there had been a traffic accident there.

Here's the link to the transcript with the conversation.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1210/11/ng.01.html

From the road level you can't see any houses from the spot where the body was buried. The fire truck boom was quite tall and could have been visible at times. The police were also very active in the area near Quaker which can be seen from a lot of houses.

It is hard for me to believe that he thought removing her head and hands would prevent or seriously delay identification of her remains. It was pretty obvious, immediately, that this was poor little Jessica. Did he really think that LE would be stumped by that?

But to be fair, it did delay the identification. Whether LE knew in their guts it was her or not, it still took longer to confirm without head and hands.

I have no idea if his was his intent but possibly he didn't care about making her impossible to id, just difficult.

Just spitballing.

I know what you mean. Every time I see an 18-wheeler pulled over so the driver can check his tires or his load cover, I wonder whether he was dumping a body on the other side. There are so many vehicles beside the road, when you start paying attention. It's spooky -- but 99.999% of them are innocent.

I know, we are getting warped. I was at the car wash a few weeks ago - one where they detail your car for $120; I was there for the $15 car wash. This guy was very upset because he had been hunting and got blood in his car and they didn't have time to detail it that afternoon. He was asking for a bump up in the schedule because he was worried it would start smelling. It is hunting season where I live (not Colorado) and all's I could think of was he killed someone.

Still catching up on the thread and my apologies if these things have been stated:

how many car washes are in the area?
do they have video cameras?
has/can LE get the footage to see exactly who has been giving their car a good scrub?

I think the outpouring of support by the community is sweet, but it bothers me that most little kids who are murdered don't get thousands of balloons released, or tons of mementos being left where they were found. Or the governor issuing a statement about it. JMO.

BREAKING NEWS: Jefferson County Sheriff's Office is investigating an attempted abduction of a 13-year-old boy tonight. It happened near the 16600 block of W. 2nd. Ave. in Golden. Police are looking for a blue four-door smaller sedan and a man wearing a red jersey.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ilike9news

Dang, I thought they caught him, this is horrible, is it just a new serial killer of children? So they'll be a description if this is the same suspect.

But to be fair, it did delay the identification. Whether LE knew in their guts it was her or not, it still took longer to confirm without head and hands.

I have no idea if his was his intent but possibly he didn't care about making her impossible to id, just difficult.

Just spitballing.

It delayed the formal public notification. But I highly doubt it delayed LE in any way. They knew immediately who that poor baby was, imo. :rose:

2. Teaching about stranger danger, I see many people mentioned they spare their kids the details. Of course it depends on the child's age and maturity level, but my choice as a parent has been NOT to spare my chidren (preteens) the details. I don't want them to live in fear, but I believe that if one day they are approached, I want it in their memory banks that some people rape and dismember kids. (I am aware we don't know if either of those things happened in this case) because I feel that knowledge will inspire them to do everything in their power to allude the potential abductor. I think movies and sugar coating have some kids thinking that getting kidnapped means being taken to live with another family and worse case scenario is missing their family, and I want mine to know that the danger is far greater.
Funny thing about kids, though. Some are good with knowing everything, some have nightmares just knowing there are people out there who would take a kid (much less anything else). Everyone has to gauge by what their own children can handle, and it's tough when you have differing personalities in the same house. I tell both of mine the same things. The one I have no worries, but pity the fool who might try anything. The other, not so sure about. That one just doesn't like to think about it. (I can respect that)

I wonder if he kept her parts? :(

Michael Plumadore didn't dispose of Aliahna Lemmon's dismembered body. He had her in his freezer while he sat mere feet away in his trailer home and gave an interview to the press. :(

Luckily, LE found her and arrested Plumadore shortly thereafter.

I freaking hate these sick SOBs.

GOLDEN - According to the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office, someone attempted to abduct a 13-year-old boy in Golden Saturday night.

It happened near 16645 West 2nd Avenue in Golden.

The suspect is described as a white man wearing a red cap and red jersey.

He may have been driving a four-door dark blue sedan.

Click here to read a story about attempted abductions by a man in a blue four-door sedan in September.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/294298/188/Attempted-abduction-of-13-year-old-boy-in-Golden

I read on facebook that the boy's mom took a picture of the car. They will post it soon on https://www.facebook.com/ilike9news

I don't think this is a sexual predator - I think it's a predator of vulnerability and innocence.

Dang, I thought they caught him, this is horrible, is it just a new serial killer of children? So they'll be a description if this is the same suspect.

Michael Plumadore didn't dispose of Aliahna Lemmon's dismembered body. He had her in his freezer while he sat mere feet away in his trailer home and gave an interview to the press. :(

Luckily, LE found her and arrested Plumadore shortly thereafter.

I freaking hate these sick SOBs.

Ugghhh, I know.

I was kind of hoping this was going to be a sloppy, disorganized idiot like that case and like sweet Jorlys. But so far this perp seems to have covered his tracks a bit better than that. :mad:

According to this article, there are abandoned coal mines up there.
http://www.9news.com/news/article/293899/71/Dismembered-body-still-unknown-if-its-Jessica That sounds a place a lot of people would normally hike, but if the road had been closed for a while, it would take a while for people to come back. In addition, it is past vacation time (I'd have gone to visit abandoned coal mines if I had been in the area), so no tourists. Does sound like someone who knows the area.

I am sure I read in early posts from locals that this was an area where people hiked and they even said it was used for taking high school pictures and I think even weddings.

From the road level you can't see any houses from the spot where the body was buried. The fire truck boom was quite tall and could have been visible at times. The police were also very active in the area near Quaker which can be seen from a lot of houses.

Okay, I admit this is off the wall, but about how far would you guess those houses are from the area where the body was found, assuming you were a reasonably good hiker and were walking as direct a line as you could?

According to the picture in this post, it looks like maybe you could if you weren't a big person? Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #8

edited to add: I was going to post the link to the photo on the Denver Post website, with the caption about the body, but the picture seems to have been moved or removed and I couldn't find it.

thanks for finding this, I was hoping I was not losing my mind on seeing this somewhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro