CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Appreciate a little humor added to this otherwise somber and depressing discussion.

I had a thought that could make the abductor sound a little more intelligent than I've been giving him credit for being. I'm wondering how many people knew that the crew would be going out there to pick up trash that day. It's possible that he wasn't thinking about wild animals tearing open the bag and/or messing with the body, and he just put her in a trash bag and dumped her there to be picked up with the trash. If it had worked, her body would have ended up at the landfill without him having to go near it, and with little to trace her back to him.

If that was his plan, then this was a major miscalculation on his part. If he made one mistake, he probably made others. Hopefully, it's just a matter of time before they catch up to him.MOO

its seems like a rare thing for a perp to do that to a child they don't know-we are looking for a different kind of killer here-JMO

Any murderer that wants to delay, or prevent, the identification of a body is going to remove hands and head with the hopes that when the body is discovered, there will only be scattered bones, and that the identifying features will never be found. I'm not sure how this aspect of murder implies anything.

When you did a search for this type of murder, what did you come up with?

A few days ago we were working on a list of all known abductions of young kids (16 or younger) that resulted in death where the body was "not intact" and I think there was only one on it where the perp was not known to the victim before hand - Adam Walsh. I really wish that LE would let us know if they believe "not intact" was the result of animals or a MONSTER which I'm sure they know. Point is though, assuming it was the perp, it is really rare that this happens and since it is usually known to the victim, exceptionally rare that it happens again. Frankly, living in the community, I'm trying to use this to get some comfort... it's just not helping much.

Or that they have a team set up to search all the new garbage coming from that area after pick up.

Except it wasn't secured. I could have stopped and taken a bag easily.

The man who turned in the backpack said they saw it when they came home around 1:00 a.m. Sunday morning. It wasn't there when they originally left. It just makes sense that he waited for darkness to fall Saturday evening to do his dumping. The body would have been pressing to get rid of and the backpack an afterthought.

I've typed this out I don't know how many times, but have felt a bit wary about posting it.

We all seem to be going down the lines that this was a paedophile. But what if his primary motive was not sexual? I know this seems to be quite rare, but there are some who torture and murder for kicks, and the fact she was 'not intact' may lead toward this alternative type of person. They may be a trophy collector too.

I can't actually think of many well known historical cases. Ed Gein comes to mind, but I am sure there are others.

If this is the case, then the fact Jessica was a child may not have been that important to him. Are there any other cold cases in the area where 'not leaving the body intact' has been key?

A few days ago we were working on a list of all known abductions of young kids (16 or younger) that resulted in death where the body was "not intact" and I think there was only one on it where the perp was not known to the victim before hand - Adam Walsh. I really wish that LE would let us know if they believe "not intact" was the result of animals or a MONSTER which I'm sure they know. Point is though, assuming it was the perp, it is really rare that this happens and since it is usually known to the victim, exceptionally rare that it happens again. Frankly, living in the community, I'm trying to use this to get some comfort... it's just not helping much.

Using "child mutilation murder" as the search terms in google gives a long list of results. Since we don't know what "not intact" means, it could be any sort of mutilation.

Okay, I might be overreacting a bit. As I said, a nice kid near here murdered his ex under nearly identical circumstances. But if they broke up, and he's still following her to her house, and using a ruse to get underneath her defenses, he's harassing her. I don't care how romantic he thinks he's being.

He's 18, teenage thought processes are not always wise and logical...to say the least. He may be stalking or just a lovesick teenager. The thing that bugs me is the no license plate. That makes me suspicious.

Any murderer that wants to delay, or prevent, the identification of a body is going to remove hands and head with the hopes that when the body is discovered, there will only be scattered bones, and that the identifying features will never be found. I'm not sure how this aspect of murder implies anything.

I'm not Syra but I did a search and grossed myself out from the implications associated with dismemberment. The psychological reasoning for this act goes way beyond concealment in many cases and to me was horrifying.

I actually did not do a search-I am afraid to leave WS as I have had a hard time getting back on-thats why I asked up thread for examples.
but I was thinking-there are not many cases out their with this type of MO-I actually think he did it to get rid of his DNA not slow the indentifying process down

I'm not convinced it's resolved. I hope the young man gets some counselling, or has been scared into common sense, and stops stalking his ex. That is not the best of behavior.

No, let me rephrase that. The truth is almost as scary as the thing we thought he was guilty of in the first place.

Yes... This could be the reason why his "ex" is his "ex".....:what:

He's 18, teenage thought processes are not always wise and logical...to say the least. He may be stalking or just a lovesick teenager. The thing that bugs me is the no license plate. That makes me suspicious.

At 18, there's a good chance that he just recently got a car. If it came from a dealer, it could take a week or more for the plates to arrive. Under the circumstances, I doubt that the mother or the son actually checked the back window for a temp license sticker.

I've typed this out I don't know how many times, but have felt a bit wary about posting it.

We all seem to be going down the lines that this was a paedophile. But what if his primary motive was not sexual? I know this seems to be quite rare, but there are some who torture and murder for kicks, and the fact she was 'not intact' may lead toward this alternative type of person. They may be a trophy collector too.

I can't actually think of many well known historical cases. Ed Gein comes to mind, but I am sure there are others.

If this is the case, then the fact Jessica was a child may not have been that important to him. Are there any other cold cases in the area where 'not leaving the body intact' has been key?

These are SIX unsolved murders of girls ages 5-12 in Colorado, and none of them were found not intact. (In one case, the girl's body was never found, but LE found blood with her DNA, so it's considered a homicide now).

Asking a teenager to knock on the door of your ex is as bad as dismembering a ten year old?

I think you are off base here.

I believe this poster was referring to us thinking this guy was trying to abduct the 13 year old initially...
HTH.

At 18, there's a good chance that he just recently got a car. If it came from a dealer, it could take a week or more for the plates to arrive. Under the circumstances, I doubt that the mother or the son actually checked the back window for a temp license sticker.

Temp tags in CO are good for 60 days, so yes, at least a week!

I was checking the maps in location to reference to other cases I am working on and there is something really interesting on google maps. You can make out 4 cars parked on the side of the road in this area. 2 or 3 vans and perhaps a sedan. There looks to like some construction nearby and typically a place of comfort is a place you want checked that would offer an offender this status. That includes job sites and more etc.. There was another arial of a truck maybe one of the same driving in the way out distance on the dirt back trails.
I am attaching the picture here.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-14 at 1.48.57 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-10-14 at 1.48.57 AM.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 125
Here are unsolved murders of girls ages 5-13 in Colorado and a brief description:

Melanie Sturm: She was murdered along with her mother and brother in their home.
Melissa Bennett: She and her parents were murdered in their home
Cherelle Morehouse: She and her sister died of arson in their home
Sarah Skiba: She and her father and his business partner went missing. Her and her father were declared dead when their blood was found.
JonBenet Ramsey: She was found murdered in her basement
Tracey Neef: She was kidnapped near her elementary school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members