CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
its seems like a rare thing for a perp to do that to a child they don't know-we are looking for a different kind of killer here-JMO

Or else it is someone who DID know the victim. She surely came in contact with hundreds of people in different contexts.

I think the person who did this fly's electric RC in the park near Jessica home and also the at the RC park @ Parttridge Park. Just I guess but I think that's why they are looking in open space and I think they know who. RC flyers have lots of tools for cutting and bags/boxes/bins to store the planes, parts etc. My hubby used to fly these type planes years ago here in CA. and we would always bring our kids and grandkids out to the field. One day I seen a guy we talk to at the flight field on the megan's law and was upset that he can go there and be around all the kids.. of course I told everyone he was on the list.

I'm not Syra but I did a search and grossed myself out from the implications associated with dismemberment. The psychological reasoning for this act goes way beyond concealment in many cases and to me was horrifying.

Same here ... there are many examples of this type of crime involving both adults and children ... but I too had no desire to read about the details.

The man who turned in the backpack said they saw it when they came home around 1:00 a.m. Sunday morning. It wasn't there when they originally left. It just makes sense that he waited for darkness to fall Saturday evening to do his dumping. The body would have been pressing to get rid of and the backpack an afterthought.

Thinking about this.... Could have been random, but this could also mean that the QUACK knew that the residents had left or watched them leave.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Here are unsolved murders of girls ages 5-13 in Colorado and a brief description:

Melanie Sturm: She was murdered along with her mother and brother in their home.
Melissa Bennett: She and her parents were murdered in their home
Cherelle Morehouse: She and her sister died of arson in their home
Sarah Skiba: She and her father and his business partner went missing. Her and her father were declared dead when their blood was found.
JonBenet Ramsey: She was found murdered in her basement
Tracey Neef: She was kidnapped near her elementary school

The only one that stands out as similar (to me) is Tracy Neef, but that case is from 30 years ago.

Same here ... there are many examples of this type of crime involving both adults and children ... but I too had no desire to read about the details.

Well, I did read them and am now convinced we have another Bundy or Dahmer

Good morning all.
Skimming through and a couple of questions:
The tire tracks in question, is it possible that they were left there by either the people who originally found her or by LE/emergency vehicles? Seems like a logical place to pull up.

The "misunderstood X", I thought that a similar car was also seen in the Arvada cases over the last month or so? Coincidence of car color or was he also trying to get his X back then?

Has a suspect posted on the boards before? I have an eerie feeling that the person responsible for this horrendous crime has posted.

ETA: I've been wondering if LE would've swabbed the trash collectors for DNA just to be sure that they aren't involved in Jessica's disappearance.

I don't know if this has been asked & answered-b/c I have been having a hard time getting on WS-So I am sorry if it has been talked about
Can anyone tell me of a case where a stranger kidnapped a child they don't know and dismembered them??

Lesley Mahafey (sp?)

Holly Jones

Adam Walsh

To name a very sad few. :(

Good morning all.
Skimming through and a couple of questions:
The tire tracks in question, is it possible that they were left there by either the people who originally found her or by LE/emergency vehicles? Seems like a logical place to pull up.

The "misunderstood X", I thought that a similar car was also seen in the Arvada cases over the last month or so? Coincidence of car color or was he also trying to get his X back then?

Yes, he did have a similar car. It could be coincidence. Or the story may not be legit. Not drawing a conclusion in any direction, just speculating.

I don't know if this has been asked & answered-b/c I have been having a hard time getting on WS-So I am sorry if it has been talked about
Can anyone tell me of a case where a stranger kidnapped a child they don't know and dismembered them??

Leiby Kletzky from New York City.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Leiby_Kletzky"]Murder of Leiby Kletzky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Yes, he did have a similar car. It could be coincidence. Or the story may not be legit. Not drawing a conclusion in any direction, just speculating.

The young man involved in last night's false alarm has been released, and deemed not a threat to the public.

A mug shot of the teenager was taken, Techmeyer said, but he was not kept in custody because he is not viewed as a threat to the community.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/false-alarm-police-say-attempted-abduction-involving-blue-car-was-a-misunderstanding

Has a suspect posted on the boards before? I have an eerie feeling that the person responsible for this horrendous crime has posted.

Ahhh... the QUACK has been here. He also watches without posting. He likes the fact that some give him so much credit and talk about how "dangerous" he is.... and what a "mastermind" he is.

But it pisses him off that some of us think he's a weak, probably impotent, coward.

Real men protect the innocent and don't hurt the helpless. Cowards attack those smaller than them to feel powerful.

I've been following this case since the day Jessica went missing. I have merely lurked on all of these threads until now, primarily because I've been waiting until I feel I have something worthwhile to contribute to the discussion. You guys have definitely covered most, if not all, of the aspects of this case, and I have read many plausible and well thought out theories. I will try to keep my thoughts as short as possible.

This case has kept me up for several nights now, just wondering WHO was so sick and pathetic to have done this. Statistically speaking, it is a white male. In my personal opinion, it is either a bona fide serial killer (organized), who has the experience and drive to evade the FBI and the police, because he wants to continue his sick career (I think these types of killers pride themselves on how well they do their "job" ... examples, BTK, Bundy ... experimenting with the variables of the crime, learning from their past mistakes, etc)

OR I think it could be a man who has a history of sex offenses, probably of a violent nature, or has committed petty crimes. However he has never murdered until now. Think John Gardener. He may have had some sort of mental breakdown (for lack of a better term) before or while committing the crime, hence the terrible nature and extreme amount of violence. This breakdown could have come on by life events such as divorce or ending a relationship, getting fired from a job, caught violating parole, etc.
But, even though it was impulsive, like Gardener he won't be able to stop now that he has killed.

For the organized killer I described, I think it will be someone who has a job or position in the community where he is managing/in control of others OR working with children, the mental health profession, even volunteering with the disadvantaged. He may even be a doctor, considering that poor child was dismembered, I'm not sure how much knowledge of anatomy that would require. Remember, BTK worked in security, and Bundy at one point was taking suicide hotline calls. My point is, this type of killer will get off on pretending to "help" others, being the wolf in sheeps clothing - he may be a teacher, counselor, psychologist. He may work in law enforcement or security. This person lives alone or with a wife, maybe even kids. He wears a mask of normalcy and that is why he alludes police so well. He is accepted by society and raises no red flags. It really freaks me out that this person might very well be law enforcement ... maybe in a different jurisdiction?

The disorganized killer may still live with family, or be dependent on family financially. If he has a job, it is not rewarding work ... general labor or entry level. He will blame the world for his problems. If he has any history of opposite sex relationships, they will be short lived, maybe violent. I think Brandon Lavergne fits this type, too.

As for if this person is a pedophile, it's my personal opinion that this guy may have adult victims as well. To psychopaths that hate women (which I think this monster obviously does), age isn't as big of a consideration as gender and opportunity. I'm reminded of Polly Klaas' killer who said, "I didn't kill that little broad". They don't see what we see - a child, a teenager, a woman ... they only see a representation of what is female, what they want to take their sick and twisted rage out on.

ETA: Hopefully the FBI has enough evidence to be able to do a lot of profiling work on this guy.

I hope this post wasn't too long, I'm looking forward to reading your replies.

Have not been able to get on the forum all morning, so I was forced to do some housework. lol Thank goodness for that. But, now the rest of my day is probably shot. So hoping for some good news to day. jmo

I think if this killer has killed prior to Jessica, it was in another state. I posted unsolved murders of young girls above, and none are similar to this case, except Tracy Neef, and that was 1984.

The young man involved in last night's false alarm has been released, and deemed not a threat to the public.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/false-alarm-police-say-attempted-abduction-involving-blue-car-was-a-misunderstanding

Thanks. I assume that means they have reason to believe his story is true (maybe contact with the girlfriend or something). In any case, it's good that his name has not been mentioned so that he will be less likely to have backlash.

Thanks. I assume that means they have reason to believe his story is true (maybe contact with the girlfriend or something). In any case, it's good that his name has not been mentioned so that he will be less likely to have backlash.

All local accounts quote LE as saying the incident happened because he wanted to talk to his ex, won't be charged with anything, and that the 13yo and his mother acted appropriately even though it was a misunderstanding.

Naturally the community involved is hyper-vigilant in light on Jessica and the attempted abductions over the last several weeks, I totally understand that.

Ahhh... the QUACK has been here. He also watches without posting. He likes the fact that some give him so much credit and talk about how "dangerous" he is.... and what a "mastermind" he is.

But it pisses him off that some of us think he's a weak, probably impotent, coward.

Real men protect the innocent and hurt the helpless. Cowards attack those smaller than them to feel powerful.

Interesting. What case/cases was it? If we knew who he was, might lend some clues to this weirdo. jmo

hi you! :seeya:

not sure if you just want names of younger children but leslie mahaffy (ontario canada) was 14 and was kidnapped in 1991, sexually assaulted, killed and dismembered by strangers... one, paul bernardo was later found to be the scarborough rapist. he's been involved in the deaths of three young women we KNOW of :(

*dismemberment was done to conceal, hide leslie... thankfully it did not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010