CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has a suspect posted on the boards before? I have an eerie feeling that the person responsible for this horrendous crime has posted.

ETA: I've been wondering if LE would've swabbed the trash collectors for DNA just to be sure that they aren't involved in Jessica's disappearance.

Another poster told me this was suspected in he Grim Sleeper case. I was not involved in that case here and don't know the details.

On the Amy Bradley thread the verifies insider said the perps were reading at WS and possibly posting but I didn't see any evidence of posting.

It's always a possibility in crime forums for the perp to read here. That's why it's important to not post identifying features about yourself just in case. WS is one of the first links that pop up in a google search of almost every missing person case.

I wonder how the pings are going? I hope they can locate a number that pinged off all three towers.

Welcome to WS all new members! Glad you are here! (I haven't been around much so I missed extending a welcome!) :)

I thought that WS came up first because of my browsing history. I wonder if it does when you use a computer you've never used before?

I found Websleuths during the Casey Anthony trial. I googled her name and Websleuths was the first thing that came up. I had never been here before.

I thought that WS came up first because of my browsing history. I wonder if it does when you use a computer you've never used before?

Yes, that's how a lot of us get here in the first place. It was one of the first that came up when I was looking for info in the Mickey shunick case

That was puzzling me too. In my area, once a week people place the garbage in front of their house and it is collected by the city. It seems odd that they would be picking up garbage in front of an open field, unless they were actually cleaning the field???? Does anyone know?

I've lived in several states w/ lots of wide open areas, typically the DOT or county workers or prisoners are used to pick up trash in these types of areas.

I've been following this case since the day Jessica went missing. I have merely lurked on all of these threads until now, primarily because I've been waiting until I feel I have something worthwhile to contribute to the discussion. You guys have definitely covered most, if not all, of the aspects of this case, and I have read many plausible and well thought out theories. I will try to keep my thoughts as short as possible.

This case has kept me up for several nights now, just wondering WHO was so sick and pathetic to have done this. Statistically speaking, it is a white male. In my personal opinion, it is either a bona fide serial killer (organized), who has the experience and drive to evade the FBI and the police, because he wants to continue his sick career (I think these types of killers pride themselves on how well they do their "job" ... examples, BTK, Bundy ... experimenting with the variables of the crime, learning from their past mistakes, etc)

OR I think it could be a man who has a history of sex offenses, probably of a violent nature, or has committed petty crimes. However he has never murdered until now. Think John Gardener. He may have had some sort of mental breakdown (for lack of a better term) before or while committing the crime, hence the terrible nature and extreme amount of violence. This breakdown could have come on by life events such as divorce or ending a relationship, getting fired from a job, caught violating parole, etc.
But, even though it was impulsive, like Gardener he won't be able to stop now that he has killed.

For the organized killer I described, I think it will be someone who has a job or position in the community where he is managing/in control of others OR working with children, the mental health profession, even volunteering with the disadvantaged. He may even be a doctor, considering that poor child was dismembered, I'm not sure how much knowledge of anatomy that would require. Remember, BTK worked in security, and Bundy at one point was taking suicide hotline calls. My point is, this type of killer will get off on pretending to "help" others, being the wolf in sheeps clothing - he may be a teacher, counselor, psychologist. He may work in law enforcement or security. This person lives alone or with a wife, maybe even kids. He wears a mask of normalcy and that is why he alludes police so well. He is accepted by society and raises no red flags. It really freaks me out that this person might very well be law enforcement ... maybe in a different jurisdiction?

The disorganized killer may still live with family, or be dependent on family financially. If he has a job, it is not rewarding work ... general labor or entry level. He will blame the world for his problems. If he has any history of opposite sex relationships, they will be short lived, maybe violent. I think Brandon Lavergne fits this type, too.

As for if this person is a pedophile, it's my personal opinion that this guy may have adult victims as well. To psychopaths that hate women (which I think this monster obviously does), age isn't as big of a consideration as gender and opportunity. I'm reminded of Polly Klaas' killer who said, "I didn't kill that little broad". They don't see what we see - a child, a teenager, a woman ... they only see a representation of what is female, what they want to take their sick and twisted rage out on.

ETA: Hopefully the FBI has enough evidence to be able to do a lot of profiling work on this guy.

I hope this post wasn't too long, I'm looking forward to reading your replies.

Great Post! Welcome to WS, glad you joined us! I agree with what you've written.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG37Uignvp4&feature=player_embedded#"]Jessica Ridgeway search: FBI asks for help finding suspect that fits profile - YouTube[/ame]!

I was thinking it could also be a male that works second shift or third shift? Just was pondering last night while cooking dinner.

ETA: I wonder if he inserted himself into the searches for Jessica? Possibility?

That's the way I found this website during the Lisa Irwin disappearance last year.

I have only posted a few times since I joined a couple of days ago. I mentioned in my first post or two that I am from Colorado. My son attends school in the same district as Jessica. The events have affected me and my community so much. I have faith in our local LE and am confident they are doing everything they can to catch this person. I agree with many other people on here have said that LE has much more information than we know and because of that, I really hope an arrest will come soon.

The killer is determined and methodical and I am afraid he may soon be out scoping for a new victim. I am sure parents are being vigilant and hopefully even more so with Halloween around the corner.

I think this person is either from the area of the crime (either Westminster, Superior, north Arvada) or adjacent to those areas. I think he is more familiar than most with the backroads and open space areas and the open space in these areas is enormous. If he isn't a native of Colorado, he's been here for a long time.

I think he either lives by himself or maybe with a parent or parents or maybe with a roommate. I don't picture him being married or with children (although I do think he's been jilted or "wronged" by a woman in his life so he hates all females). If he has a job which I doubt, I suspect he sets his own hours (maybe self employed). I think he either inherited money to live on or that his parent or parents provide what he needs.

Well, anyway, thanks for listening (or reading). I appreciate so much all the perspectives, maps, opinions, posted here. I'll explore more of WS, probably after Jessica's killer is arrested... her case is all I can deal with at the moment. Take care and have a nice Sunday afternoon everyone.

Abraham Shakespeare Jan. 26th 2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Note: it's against TOS to talk about other posters. So if a member has concerns about another member---do not discuss that member on threads. Period. You can be banned. Toeing the TOS line and making veiled references to concerns are a no-no too. If that's the case---alert a mod so that your concerns can be looked into by the owner or admins.

I deleted my post....but, to be clear, I have no concerns. Veiled or otherwise.

Asking a teenager to knock on the door of your ex is as bad as dismembering a ten year old?

I think you are off base here.

What? No, he's got nothing to do with Jessica. I meant attempting to molest a younger boy, which is totally despicable. But so is stalking somebody you've broken up with. I don't think his action was as innocent as your phrasing makes it sound.

We have got to stop making excuses for men who stalk women. No matter how broken-hearted and upset they are.

Then possibly a coworker of mom's, since she works overnight?

I'm glad you brought that up. For some reason, and it's only a feeling I have---I could very well be wrong.

But--I get the feeling that this man knew (or knew of) Jessica or had had prior contact with her.

I think she was targeted and not just a victim that happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

But, that's just the feeling I get, like I said I could be wrong. Lord knows I've been very wrong a lot of time before!

ETA: I've got to run errands (yes on a Sunday!) I'll be back later. Take care everyone. May justice for Jessica be swift! :seeya:

Someone knows him. You may know him. Think. Think. Think.

I hope they're keeping an eye on him. could be just a good excuse.

I consider the Denver girl missing and not runaway given the current situation here.
you'd think they'd change the amber alert rules when there's a predator on the loose.

Did you read in the comments that a 13 year old child went missing on Friday, last seen near Grant Middle School, but they won't issue an Amber Alert until Monday because she could possibly be a runaway.. Amber Alert rules

On another forum posters were speculating that her clothes were found in her backpack, and that's why LE told people not to consider what she was wearing when keeping an eye out for her. Has this been mentioned here yet?

That was my thoughts as well.

Good morning all.
Skimming through and a couple of questions:
The tire tracks in question, is it possible that they were left there by either the people who originally found her or by LE/emergency vehicles? Seems like a logical place to pull up.

The "misunderstood X", I thought that a similar car was also seen in the Arvada cases over the last month or so? Coincidence of car color or was he also trying to get his X back then?

There was a similar blue car described in the previous luring attempts, but If I am not mistaken, and I might be wrong, I think the suspect desription was of a man in his mid 30's to late 40's. Not an 18 yr old.

Did you read in the comments that a 13 year old child went missing on Friday, last seen near Grant Middle School, but they won't issue an Amber Alert until Monday because she could possibly be a runaway.. Amber Alert rules

I saw this!! And if you follow the person who commented that that is there cousin, a friend of the cousin says there 13 year old sister is missing too after heading to a convince store. None of this has been in the news so I didn't know if we were okay to post it. Hope im not against rules.... if I am please delete and im sorry!!

Yes, I believe it was a case about a missing or murdered woman, and the suspect was posting here and trying to get info-anyone remember that? I bet it's happened a few times, with all the cases here.

Yes, I remember that. It happened right around when I started here, and the veterans were reminding the new people to be careful about what personal information we posted.

That is so shocking. I wonder why her parents aren't making a big fuss and getting the media involved. Denver is not all that far away from Westminster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member