CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT
Is anyone else having severe issues with Web Sleuths today? I was not able to get on last night, it comes up but only the "header" and cannot access the site at all. Been like this all day to, finally can get on now, but wondering for how long? Is this me? or has the site been having issues? Thank you

I had that frustration all morning yesterday, but so far today, no issues.

But yesterday I had those Motley Fool Ads up and center on the header. And nothing else showed up and everything was frozen. But luckily those ads are not visible on my computer today, so it seems to be working fine.

I am sure it's because this case has gotten so big and being covered in so many parts of the country. Before it blew up, when you Googled her name, Websleuths came up on the first page. I think Google is how many of us found this awesome place.

I found Websleuths after I read about Kyron's disappearance and started posting after I read about Jessica.

I saw that about the 13 year old last night on the 9news fb, the only thing the parents can do is contact LE. It's up to LE to put it out to the media and get an amber alert. Too many kids go missing and it's assumed they're runaways, like with 17 year old Bryan Glenn, who was found dead right off a path less than a mile from where his car was found parked. How obvious since all his belongings were still in the car, even his sweatshirt, but yet LE didn't go down far enough to find him. This needs to stop, a child missing is just that and is in extreme danger when out there, no matter what reason.

DPD tweeted the endangered missing poster for her earlier today. I think Amber Alerts are restricted for a reason-so many kids go off without checking in that we would start to ignore them. Last night in Denver (I was listening to the scanner), two 8yos went off together. LE found them within an hour.

ETA-I see she got in touch with her Dad. Good news.

Someone on FB just posted that he's the dad and she called him, from a friend's house.

I'm so glad, probably putting it out publicly like on facebook yesterday caused her to call. Another reason why it's important to make it public, they're just kids and have no idea how dangerous it is for themselves.

Apparently it is something to do with a new ad? Many have solved it by downloading ad-blocker, I guess. There are several comments about it. WS is aware.

Gam posted this yesterday and its worked for me.

"You go to Internet Explorer Gallery and add on tracking protection lists
http://www.iegallery.com/PinnedSites

I only added on 2 lists EASY LIST AND EASY PRIVACY. No problems since adding these on with the hang ups."

It has been a little hard to keep track of all the info for me. Can someone tell me if LE is still out searching open spaces and whatnot for, um, clues? I think I might remember reading that they had officially stopped, but a couple of nights I was up way too late and may misremember some things...

Road closures in Superior on Saturday night related to Jessica Ridgeway tip

Residents of the Superior neighborhood where Jessica Ridgeway's backpack was found last week reported a heavy police presence and some road closures in the area Saturday night.
Law enforcement officials confirmed investigators were following up on a tip that ended up being unrelated to the case

http://www.dailycamera.com/superior...erior-saturday-night-related-jessica-ridgeway

OT
Is anyone else having severe issues with Web Sleuths today? I was not able to get on last night, it comes up but only the "header" and cannot access the site at all. Been like this all day to, finally can get on now, but wondering for how long? Is this me? or has the site been having issues? Thank you

I could not get on this morning, I had to wait until after lunch

I feel like because of Jessica's abduction, this is one of the few times the local (maybe even national) media would give a lot of attention to cases they would normally ignore, such as runaways. The idea of a connection is very sensational.

OT

For about 24 hrs now. I'm afraid to hit refresh but has been better this afternoon. The ads are not my problem. I just keep moving to diffrent sources home pc, laptop,my phone.

I'm glad you brought that up. For some reason, and it's only a feeling I have---I could very well be wrong.

But--I get the feeling that this man knew (or knew of) Jessica or had had prior contact with her.

I think she was targeted and not just a victim that happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

But, that's just the feeling I get, like I said I could be wrong. Lord knows I've been very wrong a lot of time before!

ETA: I've got to run errands (yes on a Sunday!) I'll be back later. Take care everyone. May justice for Jessica be swift! :seeya:

I thought the same thing i also wondered if her MOM had a ride home from anyone that morning?

OT
The site has issues, today and yesterday. Try finding an for whatever browser you are using. Some people say a Mötley Fool ad is giving them problems. Good luck!

I'm glad you brought that up. For some reason, and it's only a feeling I have---I could very well be wrong.

But--I get the feeling that this man knew (or knew of) Jessica or had had prior contact with her.

I think she was targeted and not just a victim that happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

But, that's just the feeling I get, like I said I could be wrong. Lord knows I've been very wrong a lot of time before!

ETA: I've got to run errands (yes on a Sunday!) I'll be back later. Take care everyone. May justice for Jessica be swift! :seeya:

Ack, I was trying to quote both messages, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it.

You know, this is actually really interesting. I'm not trying to sleuth mom, but I'm curious what her line of work is that she works overnight...

So out of myself and the people I've known who work overnight, their jobs have been:

--Nursing/medicine;
--Nursing home/medical center/hospital staff;
--Convenience store work;
--Call center work/suicide/sexual assault/dv hotline work/volunteering;
--Assembly/factory work;
--Security work;
--Police work.

The co-worker/customer angle is actually compelling. Coworkers are usually familiar with the general aspects of your life, i.e. if you have kids or not. They could also fairly easily get access to your address, even if you don't tell them where you live...

That Thurs. night overnight shift could easily have been "Friday" for someone working graveyard... so their "routine" wouldn't have necessarily have changed much at all.

LE has to be onto this angle. Maybe that's why they seem to be stressing to people the idea that it is someone they know, to look for changes in their routine... it doesn't necessarily have to be changes in their work routine, it could just be that they suddenly had to "go out of town" for a day or two, etc. Something different than normal, i.e. not lying around doing casual stuff on the weekends and taking off and doing stuff "out" instead... or staying awake during the day when they normally sleep...

Sorry if this was already discussed, but I barely have time for lurking these days.

There has been some talk about the perp's potential marital status, living situation, etc. I've been considering that his family was gone over the long weekend and he had a lot of time to spend on his crime. If he seemingly went to work on the 5th, and his family left town during the day before he was due to arrive home, they might never have noticed anything amiss. Jmho, total speculation.

Also, I'm with those that think a murder suspect won't be getting verified. They will either lurk or join and just pretend to be someone else. I'm sure we've had more than a few here over the years. That's the nature of having an open forum.

The site has issues, today and yesterday. Try finding an for whatever browser you are using. Some people say a Mötley Fool ad is giving them problems. Good luck!

O/T: only motley fool is giving me problems. For several days.

I am here and I am reading....just didn't want anyone to think I had given up on finding Jessica's killer. He will be found...and I can't wait.
Jessica deserves justice!

For about 24 hrs now. I'm afraid to hit refresh but has been better this afternoon. The ads are not my problem. I just keep moving to diffrent sources home pc, laptop,my phone.

Same here. It has been going on for me the past 24 hours, never had this problem here before. Just the top of the page loads then nothing.

The 13 year old girl from Denver, Xavia Silva who went missing on Friday has been found and is safe.

Have they told us what was found last night near the location where the backpack was found?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem