CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even "runaways" or, perhaps, especially "runaways" can be abducted.

To me that is even more scary. To be classified as a runaway and not have LE looking for them. Especially while this particular monster is loose. All children should be looked for by LE whether they are a considered a runaway or not.
This is how so many serial killers get away with so much when they target prostitutes and people that are not being accounted for. jmo

If I am repeating something that has already been posted, I apologize, but it is a coincidence that there is yet another lake, Standley Lake, south of the area where Jessica was last seen, just as Meyers Lake was south of the area where L and E were last seen.

Both lakes have biking paths. I think the cases could be connected, as Evansdale to Westminster look like a straight run west on the map.

I think the perp could be connected somehow to biking and lakes.

Just some thoughts and IMO.

You know, this is actually really interesting. I'm not trying to sleuth mom, but I'm curious what her line of work is that she works overnight...

Respecfully snipped by me--

I have been wondering the same thing. The coworker idea is very plausible. I have also been considering that it could be one of mom's customers (convience store, restaurant, etc.). Probably a regular customer, someone she talked to on a regular basis and felt comfortable sharing info about Jessica, maybe even showed him a picture or two. Jessica's mother definitely strikes me as the type to talk A LOT about her child because she's so crazy about her.

When you work in a job like that, you never really truly know even your regular customers. A couple of years ago we had a big arrest here in KC, the Waldo Rapist, who had been raping women for many years. He was a regular customer in the convience store where my cousin's husband works. He and his coworkers are all completely shocked because he seemed like such a nice guy.

I´v noticed several photo´s, and a vidoe, of Jessica with her dog, seems like she used to walk the dog, so I wonder if the killer is somone in the neighborhood that also walk his dog and got to know Jessica through that?

Questions for locals: Any odd/suspiciuous dog walkers/owners in Jessica´s neighborhood?

Ack, I was trying to quote both messages, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it.

You know, this is actually really interesting. I'm not trying to sleuth mom, but I'm curious what her line of work is that she works overnight...

So out of myself and the people I've known who work overnight, their jobs have been:

--Nursing/medicine;
--Nursing home/medical center/hospital staff;
--Convenience store work;
--Call center work/suicide/sexual assault/dv hotline work/volunteering;
--Assembly/factory work;
--Security work;
--Police work.

The co-worker/customer angle is actually compelling. Coworkers are usually familiar with the general aspects of your life, i.e. if you have kids or not. They could also fairly easily get access to your address, even if you don't tell them where you live...

That Thurs. night overnight shift could easily have been "Friday" for someone working graveyard... so their "routine" wouldn't have necessarily have changed much at all.

LE has to be onto this angle. Maybe that's why they seem to be stressing to people the idea that it is someone they know, to look for changes in their routine... it doesn't necessarily have to be changes in their work routine, it could just be that they suddenly had to "go out of town" for a day or two, etc. Something different than normal, i.e. not lying around doing casual stuff on the weekends and taking off and doing stuff "out" instead... or staying awake during the day when they normally sleep...

I have wondered about someone who does wee-hours delivery. Newspaper delivery is one of them, and I think lots of food service companies as well. I know when I go over to the small shopping plaza near here that there are bundles of newspapers, small boxes with packing slips tucked under the twine, sometimes bags that look like they must have clean uniforms in them -- all kinds of stuff that had to have been delivered overnight.

Respecfully snipped by me--

I have been wondering the same thing. The coworker idea is very plausible. I have also been considering that it could be one of mom's customers (convience store, restaurant, etc.). Probably a regular customer, someone she talked to on a regular basis and felt comfortable sharing info about Jessica, maybe even showed him a picture or two. Jessica's mother definitely strikes me as the type to talk A LOT about her child because she's so crazy about her.

When you work in a job like that, you never really truly know even your regular customers. A couple of years ago we had a big arrest here in KC, the Waldo Rapist, who had been raping women for many years. He was a regular customer in the convience store where my cousin's husband works. He and his coworkers are all completely shocked because he seemed like such a nice guy.

I believe it was stated early on that Jessica's mom worked an overnight shift at a tech company. I don't believe she worked at a convenience store or restaurant.

I wonder if it was possibly someone from where her mom worked over nights also?

I believe it was stated early on that Jessica's mom worked an overnight shift at a tech company. I don't believe she worked at a convenience store or restaurant.

I definitely had not heard that. The idea in my post could also go for a coworker. You get to feel comfortable with someone, tell them about your family, sometimes you don't even realize how much information you're actually sharing.

Haven't seen any real problems with my Mac using the Chrome browser.

I generally use Chrome but tried IE and still couldn't get on. Another poster added plus for free and it worked. If I can't get on tomorrow I'm going to try that.

I have not seen any comments on why the grandmother did not hear the phone calls from the school. Did she live in the house with Jessica's mother or did she return to her own home when Sarah got home from work?

Same here. It has been going on for me the past 24 hours, never had this problem here before. Just the top of the page loads then nothing.

Same with me, off and on, since yesterday. I thought perhaps there was just too much traffic for WS to handle.

To me that is even more scary. To be classified as a runaway and not have LE looking for them. Especially while this particular monster is loose. All children should be looked for by LE whether they are a considered a runaway or not.
This is how so many serial killers get away with so much when they target prostitutes and people that are not being accounted for. jmo

While I agree with you....the manpower & resources are just not there. There are just way too many runaways and throwaways :(

NCMEC shows on their site 37 missing kids as a result of abduction and/or runaway
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...act=usMapSearch&missState=CO&searchLang=en_US

In the US alone...
Running away is a serious problem. According to the National Runaway Switchboard, an organization that takes calls and helps kids who have run away or are thinking of running away, 1 in 7 kids between the ages of 10 and 18 will run away at some point. And there are 1 million to 3 million runaway and homeless kids living on the streets in the United States
http://www.childrenscolorado.org/wellness/info/kids/22019.aspx

Even the media is VERY selective (it seems) on which missing kid gets the attention.....

I generally use Chrome but tried IE and still couldn't get on. Another poster added plus for free and it worked. If I can't get on tomorrow I'm going to try that.

Try disabling Flash player

Another missing girl from Grant Middle School on Friday. Finding more info....

ETA: I am reading on 9news fb site that she may have been located/possible runaway.
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I have not seen any comments on why the grandmother did not hear the phone calls from the school. Did she live in the house with Jessica's mother or did she return to her own home when Sarah got home from work?

She does live there, but left for work after the mother got home. (I read this info in news accounts, but don't have a link).

I definitely had not heard that. The idea in my post could also go for a coworker. You get to feel comfortable with someone, tell them about your family, sometimes you don't even realize how much information you're actually sharing.

BBM

You're absolutely right about that!

Yep, the Steve Jobs curse lol.

Seems better this morning.

Nope...can't blame him on this one, I have a Mac and no problems at all either yesterday or today. I have, however, NEVER seen the ad that is being mentioned show up on mine either. So, it seems more likely its the ad that is the problem.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member