CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a few interesting comments on Reddit about this case. Wish I could say more, but I'm guessing it's not allowed.

I can see how leaving the bookbag in the alternate location could have very well served several purposes for the killer. Leaving it several miles from where Jessica was last seen moves the focus of the search to the next area thus giving him more time with the body if indeed he does live in her neighborhood. We know that 500 houses were searched rather quickly and this distraction would have slowed down that search. Next, it puts LE focus on that area while he is able to dispose of the body in a completely unrelated new location. It also serves to taunt LE if he placed her clothing and glasses in the bag before setting it in place, which IMO he did.

Another missing girl from Grant Middle School on Friday. Finding more info....

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

OH NOOOO! How far away roughly would this be? Do you know anymore details?

There are a few interesting comments on Reddit about this case. Wish I could say more, but I'm guessing it's not allowed.

Can you provide details such as what article the comments are under and time of post(s)?

Another missing girl from Grant Middle School on Friday. Finding more info....

Jules, if you're talking about Xa via Sil va, she was a runaway and has been found safe per FB. Moo

I have not seen any comments on why the grandmother did not hear the phone calls from the school. Did she live in the house with Jessica's mother or did she return to her own home when Sarah got home from work?

I thought I read the mother's phone was turned off so that she could sleep.

Here are unsolved murders of girls ages 5-13 in Colorado and a brief description:

Melanie Sturm: She was murdered along with her mother and brother in their home.
Melissa Bennett: She and her parents were murdered in their home
Cherelle Morehouse: She and her sister died of arson in their home
Sarah Skiba: She and her father and his business partner went missing. Her and her father were declared dead when their blood was found.
JonBenet Ramsey: She was found murdered in her basement
Tracey Neef: She was kidnapped near her elementary school

Brilliant, thanks Eileen

You didn't happen to come across any cold cases of mutilated adults on your trawl to find these did you? Part of the idea I was suggesting that he is killing for the thrill, rather than the specific 'sex with a minor', so the age of the victim may not be relevant - he may do it for the power and control, for the trophies, just just the pure sick satisfaction.

These are just thoughts and ideas (uh huh, my head is a scary place), I have no facts or evidence to base them on.

I wonder if somebody knew she wouldn't hear her phone or that it would be off and know he/she would have 8 hours to commit this crime.

A few years ago, while we we were building a home near Broomfield CO, we lived in an apartment complex in Superior. For those of you that are not local- Superior is a "fairly new" little suburb that popped up around the Inverness Tech center. Denver already had a LARGE "tech" center SOUTH of downtown that was booming(late 90's) but had filled up quickly, and I think "Inverness/Superior" area center was supposed to be the "new" tech center on the NORTH side of downtown. Superior was very trendy at the time, and my husband(being a new doctor in the area)and I, could not afford the houses. I know many of the superior residents built their homes because of new jobs and new opportunities in that higher paying tech field-however, the tech boom has since been winding down with the economy, and Superior has not seen the growth that most people predicted. The area is still a very clean, "young" place to live. Most of Superior seems to be upper-middle class homes that have young families with parent's that work in the tech field.

Anyhow, my point is,(sorry to ramble)that in the beginning of this case I remember reading that JR's mom worked in the tech field in an over-night job. I assumed that she worked in Superior in that tech center- our apartment complex overlooked that area and I remember seeing many cars come in and out from the night shift.(Tech industry has production jobs that hires all shifts, around the clock). It would make sense that a single mom would live in a close area such as Westminster since the drive to work-in Superior/Broomfield would only be a few minutes.
added: this is just a little background into the area where the backpack was found and the suggestion that perhaps a co-worker of JR's mom might be worth "looking into". Not sure I agree, it seems unlikely to me that the abductor would take so much interest in a co-worker's family when JR's family had only lived in area for a few years.

I´v noticed several photo´s, and a vidoe, of Jessica with her dog, seems like she used to walk the dog, so I wonder if the killer is somone in the neighborhood that also walk his dog and got to know Jessica through that?

Questions for locals: Any odd/suspiciuous dog walkers/owners in Jessica´s neighborhood?

That's pretty much exactly what happened in Jorelys' abduction and murder. He got to know her in a friendly peripheral way in the apartment complex either by her dog or his. He took a picture of her rollerskate (not sure if he stole it too? Seems like he did.) and lured her into the apartment by showing her a picture of the skate on his cell phone, telling her that he had it and to follow him to the apartment.

It would be interesting to know if she kept any of her skates/bikes/toys on the front porch. And then, this also brings up the interesting pillow pet reported find. Kids that age love them. Lure city.

The person who set up the memorial fund for the Ridgeway family is a male co-worker of her mom. I thought that was a bit strange, but I don't want to start a witch hunt and I'm sure LE is all over it.

Can you provide details such as what article the comments are under and time of post(s)?

The article is "Westminster police hold news conference and confirm positive ID of body found to be that of Jessica Ridgeway"

DenMeterMaid and LULZach make comments that are marked "one day ago"... No specific time given.

Did you read in the comments that a 13 year old child went missing on Friday, last seen near Grant Middle School, but they won't issue an Amber Alert until Monday because she could possibly be a runaway.. Amber Alert rules

I'm just suspecting LE has a good reason to believe she truly is a runaway.
You'd be shocked listening to the scanner (in any city, not saying this case) as to how many kids run away per day/week in just one area. It was baffling for me to hear it, personally I had no idea until I started to follow a couple cases in WS!

I'm of the mind the entire event happened near the location where Jessica's body was found, or a similar secluded outdoor location. Not in a home or apartment. One thing I can't wrap my head around is what the did with his bloody clothing.

MOO, I keep getting a motorcycle.

BBM

You're absolutely right about that!

Yes... I've been thinking about that. I mean, even at my (former) job... I didn't talk to everyone, definitely. But there were a few women that I was very close with and we would share lots of details about our lives, had photos of our kids at our desks, talked about our plans for the weekend, etc. We weren't loud about it or anything, but certainly could be overheard if someone were interested in listening.

If it were one of mom's coworkers, it doesn't even necessarily have to be someone she spoke with, but someone who overheard her speaking with someone else. :(

You'd be shocked listening to the scanner (in any city, not saying this case) as to how many kids run away per day/week in just one area. It was baffling for me to hear it, personally I had no idea until I started to follow a couple cases in WS!

It's a very sad, but very real point. The reality is that thousands of kids run away EVERY DAY. Yes, every day. Amber Alert and other resources just can't be used for all of them or it would completely lose its effectiveness.

Where Jessica's body was found
picture.php

Google Map link to site.

Was there any blood here?

What is JR's middle name?

JBR, Boulder, Colorado!

Just coincidence, maybe?

IMO

I'm of the mind the entire event happened near the location where Jessica's body was found, or a similar secluded outdoor location. Not in a home or apartment. One thing I can't wrap my head around is what the did with his bloody clothing.

MOO, I keep getting a motorcycle.

I agree that it wasn't an apartment. Too many people in close proximity. A house, maybe, but the person would have to live alone or have the house to himself for several days. If it's an outdoor location, it would be very difficult to clean up after, but maybe the perp doesn't care if the area is found. As for the bloody clothes, burn them? Throw them away?

I signed up to be emailed any local crimes and missing/runaways. A couple yrs ago I was not able to check email for 3 days. When I finally did I had over 50 runaways and over half of them were from one area Grand Prairie TX. There was only 2 girls who ran away together and they were sisters. It was crazy the amount of kids who runaway from home each day. Since then Ill take a look at the runaways but I mainly look at the endangered runaways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockDuck