GUILTY CO - Jordan Vong, 7, found deceased, Denver, 6 Aug 2018 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ya I ran across hers and a bunch of the families fb last night. Seemed a lot of people live in that house FYI. Extended family etc. no way a 16 hid the body on her own. First it took the police 3 searches to find and you’re telling me no one was home to notice, naw IMO

Well if the police were there twice and didn't notice, I guess it's possible that no one else noticed too.

Uh oh. Why did they need a warrant?
I'm trying to figure out the warrant situation too. According to msm LE did two "cursory" searches of the home on Monday August 6.

On Tuesday, August 7 about 5pm LE applied for a search warrant. They executed it at 8:26pm.

There's nothing in msm yet to clarify if LE sought the warrant because they felt the investigation had reached a point where they needed to start documenting their actions or if family requested they obtain a warrant. Either way IMO it was prudent to have a search warrant.
Denver7 News on Twitter
Teenage girl in custody after missing 7-year-old found dead in home

Screen%20Shot%202018-08-07%20at%2010.14.58%20PM_1533701731319.png_94385228_ver1.0_640_480_1533776040917.jpg_94489534_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Monday
Jordan Vong, 7, was reported missing around 4:30 pm Monday.
Tuesday
At some point during the investigation, police determine a more thorough search of the residence is necessary.
Police obtain a search warrant.
Wednesday
Police say additional evidence is gathered and they question and arrest a 16-year-old girl.
During a press conference, police say Vong’s body was “intentionally concealed” inside the home.
The cause and manner of Vong’s death will be released by the coroner’s office.
A candlelight vigil is planned to remember Vong

A full timeline of 7-year-old Jordan Vong case: From search to homicide investigation

I'm trying to figure out the warrant situation too. According to msm LE did two "cursory" searches of the home on Monday August 6.

On Tuesday, August 7 about 5pm LE applied for a search warrant. They executed it at 8:26pm.

There's nothing in msm yet to clarify if LE sought the warrant because they felt the investigation had reached a point where they needed to start documenting their actions or if family requested they obtain a warrant. Either way IMO it was prudent to have a search warrant.
Denver7 News on Twitter

...But Montoya would not say what led police to seek a search warrant after more than 24 hours of looking for the boy.

And with a minor arrested, information will be slow coming forth..

jordan-vong-picture.jpg

Jordon Vong

Community Remembers Little Boy Killed
“Jordan’s smile brought me joy. Seeing him happy, made me happy,” Desirea Chamberlin, Jordan’s 1st grade teacher at Greenwood Elementary, said tearfully. “His little giggle was contagious… he was sweet. He would pick me dandelions.”

vong-2.jpg

Jordan’s mother and other relatives attended the vigil. His mom spoke briefly through tears, expressing gratitude for those who helped look for her son.

“He’s in a better place,” she said.

'He's In A Better Place': Community Remembers Little Boy Killed

jordan-vong-picture.jpg

Jordon Vong

Community Remembers Little Boy Killed
“Jordan’s smile brought me joy. Seeing him happy, made me happy,” Desirea Chamberlin, Jordan’s 1st grade teacher at Greenwood Elementary, said tearfully. “His little giggle was contagious… he was sweet. He would pick me dandelions.”

vong-2.jpg

Jordan’s mother and other relatives attended the vigil. His mom spoke briefly through tears, expressing gratitude for those who helped look for her son.

“He’s in a better place,” she said.

'He's In A Better Place': Community Remembers Little Boy Killed
Why does a 7-year-old have to die in order to be "in a better place?" I get that such platitudes help grieving relatives deal with their loss and I mean no disrespect to Jordan's mom but the sentiment falls flat for me.

Why does a 7-year-old have to die in order to be "in a better place?" I get that such platitudes help grieving relatives deal with their loss and I mean no disrespect to Jordan's mom but the sentiment falls flat for me.
I am not an "in a better place" person but I do know that many believers in Christ will often say that as they believe that we live here and seek to be there through our behaviors.

I am truly unnerved by the upward spiral of numbers of teens killing young children.

Wow just wow just wow. That has got to be theeeee most awesome, thorough, respectful, informational, patient, communicative, professional, impressive PC I ever seen. “Joe” is awesome.

FBI Safe Streets Task Force...

THIS is a great example of effectively communicating with the public.

For those who haven’t watched this and those who are new to these types of investigations, some procedural information is outlined/explained.

Last edited:

Denver7 News on Twitter

What I gathered from Joe’s answer to this in the PC re the warrant is that after the 2 cursory searches eliminated a child hiding, etc, there were things that “didn’t add up”, indicating that a deeper investigation would be needed; a SW best serves them to be able to fully continue legally and have all their i’s dotted for when the results of their investigation is later submitted within the court system. For example, they can specify we have a warrant for the sheets, bedding, shoes, etc etc and it can’t be said later that something was collected illegally, etc.

I am reminded of Savanna Greywind’s case re the initial cursory searches then return with warrant.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akwy
Back