Found Deceased CO - Joseph Keller, 18, Antonito, 23 July 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the end of the discussion about Joe? Is there another thread or has this just disappeared, as did Joe?

Is this the end of the discussion about Joe? Is there another thread or has this just disappeared, as did Joe?

Amazing isn't it, how people disappear, there are searches for a while, and then there's just nothing? :scared:

The Valley Courier ran a story on Joe's disappearance earlier this month.

There were a couple of things that caught my attention, one being that according to Sheriff Galvez, "all waters (have) been searched within a 30-mile radius of where Joseph was last seen," and two, "One lead still being explored is that Joe Keller might be on the West Coast, possibly the San Francisco area."

I knew that Joe and his friends had stopped in SF before arriving in CO, but other than that, I wonder what led the LE to believe that this might be a viable lead. Nonetheless, my gut instinct is still that there is someone(s) out there who can help Joe's family find answers.

The Valley Courier ran a story on Joe's disappearance earlier this month.

There were a couple of things that caught my attention, one being that according to Sheriff Galvez, "all waters (have) been searched within a 30-mile radius of where Joseph was last seen," and two, "One lead still being explored is that Joe Keller might be on the West Coast, possibly the San Francisco area."

I knew that Joe and his friends had stopped in SF before arriving in CO, but other than that, I wonder what led the LE to believe that this might be a viable lead. Nonetheless, my gut instinct is still that there is someone(s) out there who can help Joe's family find answers.

Hope it was someone more grounded than a psychic who suggested SF, or prompted the sheriff to say: "We are investigating away from here, all over the world," Galvez said.
Case just gets stranger and stranger. Moo

Hope it was someone more grounded than a psychic who suggested SF, or prompted the sheriff to say: "We are investigating away from here, all over the world," Galvez said.
ETA: I, too, feel someone/s isn't owning up to truths that might help solve this case.

I do believe that Sheriff Galvez is doing what he can, and do not think for a moment he is somehow hindering the investigation. However, it is unfortunate that some of his comments, in my opinion, make him appear somewhat less than professional. Personally, I believe Joe is still in the vicinity of where he was last seen, or within a couple of hours of drive from the ranch at the most. I do think it is possible that Joe fell or was otherwise injured, but am afraid there is some sort of foul play involved here. I do not believe that he was kidnapped, however.

K
I do believe that Sheriff Galvez is doing what he can, and do not think for a moment he is somehow hindering the investigation. However, it is unfortunate that some of his comments, in my opinion, make him appear somewhat less than professional. Personally, I believe Joe is still in the vicinity of where he was last seen, or within a couple of hours of drive from the ranch at the most. I do think it is possible that Joe fell or was otherwise injured, but am afraid there is some sort of foul play involved here. I do not believe that he was kidnapped, however.

In the vicinity, dead or alive?
Within a couple of hours of the ranch, alive?
Willing to reveal what type of foul play you suspect?

K

In the vicinity, dead or alive?
Within a couple of hours of the ranch, alive?
Willing to reveal what type of foul play you suspect?

Sadly, I do not believe that Joe is alive, wherever he may be. As to the type of foul play, I tend to think that it was more "accidental" than premeditated, followed by a series of bad decisions, perpetrated by someone(s) too scared to do the right thing. And I cannot help but to believe that the individual(s) must think that they can get away with it because they are too smart to be caught, or so they believe ;) ....

They air drop the dope also, so if it was dropped close to where Joe was running, he could very well ran upon someone. Their was a black van seen around the time Joe went missing.

They air drop the dope also, so if it was dropped close to where Joe was running, he could very well ran upon someone. Their was a black van seen around the time Joe went missing.

Do you know who reported the black van in the vicinity or if more than one person saw it?

Sadly, I do not believe that Joe is alive, wherever he may be. As to the type of foul play, I tend to think that it was more "accidental" than premeditated, followed by a series of bad decisions, perpetrated by someone(s) too scared to do the right thing. And I cannot help but to believe that the individual(s) must think that they can get away with it because they are too smart to be caught, or so they believe ;) ....

I, unlike so many Websleuths, did not follow this case from the beginning. I learned about it today from the mother of another crime victim. I spent all evening reading through the thread, so many of the facts were not absorbed; rather they are very blurred for me. But, this is a very intriguing case and I am all over the Imagination Map; I flit too easily from one possible scenario to another.
Has it been confirmed that the two other young men took and passed polygraphs?
Do you know if the sheriff's dept. did a thorough (or any) examination of the buildings at the resort?
I'll stop with those two questions for now.

No. Sorry but no. I don't think there was any crazy drug cartel thing happening there.

I wondered too if he had even shown up at the ranch, but it wouldn't make sense for his friends to go to his family ranch without him. If Joe had fallen somewhere like the Grand Canyon, or whatever, the friends would have driven home, maybe camped. NO WAY would they have gone to that ranch to be asked where Joe is.

That's just my opinion and since I'm friends of the families I think it has a little more weight then someone who doesn't even know it was very well established that all 3 arrived, had lunch, chopped wood. Many employees and visitors saw Joe. There is private pictures of them at the ranch. So that leaves accident or foul play. Since no dogs picked up his scent after a certain point in the road leads us to believe that's where a kidnapping occurred. And if you want to research April LaJune and Angela Sandoval which has a discussion thread here on websleuths, you might rethink the drug cartel theory.

L
That's just my opinion and since I'm friends of the families I think it has a little more weight then someone who doesn't even know it was very well established that all 3 arrived, had lunch, chopped wood. Many employees and visitors saw Joe. There is private pictures of them at the ranch. So that leaves accident or foul play. Since no dogs picked up his scent after a certain point in the road leads us to believe that's where a kidnapping occurred. And if you want to research April LaJune and Angela Sandoval which has a discussion thread here on websleuths, you might rethink the drug cartel theory.

I live in a remote area in N. Ca. And we have an established cartel presence here, so I do believe a cartel is a presence there as well. I just don't know that I think JK met foul play by cartel member/s. If he were way off road and stumbled into one of their labs/stash houses I would give that theory some credence. It is possible, however, I agree. Here, grows are in remote, hard to access canyons, not near buildings, roads, etc.
I don't remember reading that dogs had picked up his scent on the road and then lost it.

Drug cartel, IMO, is not more plausible than say an overconfident man at a high altitude in only running shorts in the evening. Our mountains are MUCH higher than Joe is used to. Even *I* become dizzy when we gain altitude, and I've lived in CO my entire life. You need more water than usual, more sugar than usual, and breathing is HARD at/above altitude.

It doesn't happen every day, but a lot of people do/have gone missing in the mountains. We've read over and over about how confusing things get when you get turned around and one thing looks like the last thing. A week or two ago a man was found at the bottom of a popular rock climbing area, and I don't recall a missing report ever coming up about him.

I do feel it is very likely he decided to explore and he fell and will be found one day. Dogs lose scent all of the time without explanation. In the back of my mind I do wonder about foul play, but it just seems if something like that were going to happen, it would have happened before they got to the family ranch. Before then it was just the three of them. There were so many people at the ranch, why chance that?

I might be dead wrong, but I would think a drug ring would go out of there way NOT to kill or kidhnap some hiker. They want to run their business and not draw attention to themselves with a kidnapping or murder.

If I had to guess, I agree with the theory that Joe got lost in the wilderness, and the altitude made it worst, as a previous poster noted.

Both boys took 3 lie detector tests and passed. Hmm maybe you should do some sleuthing and go up tithe search box here on this site and put in the name Angela Sandoval then get back to me about drugs not a plausible explanation. The majority in his hometown believes this is what most likely happened.

Ceci, thanks for the answer to my question about the lie detector tests. Do you, by any chance know who administered the tests: private or LE?
I will read about the Sandoval case tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LDowden72