Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update from the Find Joe Keller FB page:

UPDATE May 13, 2016:
The day has arrived - the end of a week of searching. And still no clues. The best we can say with growing confidence is that the likelihood of Joe being found within 2.9 miles of the Ranch is diminishing with each passing day. The experienced, dedicated searchers are sadden to have not found Joe - and we will pray again this day, "Dear Lord, where is Joe?"
Ten highly trained canines, 8 handlers, 11+ field support, and volunteers from the community s...earched for up to 8 hours daily. They combed through mountainous terrain, grassy meadows, river banks, down trails and roads with no sign of Joe. They kept in contact with the base with radios, returned to base to debrief and get assignments for the following day. David Francis, of the Jon Francis Foundation, along with Chuck and Janine Keuhn the Search Managers, have SAR down to a science. Using GPS on the dogs and/or handlers, they entered info into a computer program daily. The maps soon filled up with lines showing which ground had been covered. Nightly evaluation of maps led to search assignments for the following day.
Infinite thanks to Carolyn Koozer for arranging lodging, San Juan Mountain Church pastor Lynn and wife Tami for opening your church for meals, refreshment and encouragement, Conejos Canyon Community Chapel for more meals and fellowship and all the church members and community that opened you homes and hearts to Joe's family and friends in need and the SAR teams.
One of the ground search teams did find a sleeping bag, a tarp, some bug spray and a pot. Down the river a little ways they also found an old backpack.

I wonder why 2.9 miles is mentioned? Why not further out? Or is that as far as a diligent SAR team can go in a week's time?

It has been a really cold month of May here in CO. I am sorry they had such poor weather this last week! Maybe not quite as cold down that way, but I cannot imagine it's warm yet. I cannot imagine all of the snow is gone yet, either.

I hope Joe is found soon :(

I wonder why 2.9 miles is mentioned? Why not further out? Or is that as far as a diligent SAR team can go in a week's time?

It has been a really cold month of May here in CO. I am sorry they had such poor weather this last week! Maybe not quite as cold down that way, but I cannot imagine it's warm yet. I cannot imagine all of the snow is gone yet, either.

I hope Joe is found soon :(
Ya I would imagine that was just what they could search this time around. People seem to be found just outside of the area that was searched quite often, hopefully more searches can be done further out.

wow still hasnt been found, I cant believe its been nearly a year I remember reading this at the beginning. I thought for sure he would be found near where he went missing.

They've found remains that appear to be Joe's. They're being examined.

(July 8, 2016—CBI—Pueblo, CO)—The Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has been requested by the Conejos County Sheriff’s Office (CCSO) to assist in the recovery of human remains located in the County on Wednesday, July 6, 2016. A hiker in the area discovered the remains in the Conejos Canyon, located near Forest Service Road 250, approximately four miles west of Highway 17, and alerted authorities.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1741852796083221&id=1595594977375671

So sad. rest in peace Joe.

Although I'm glad the family finally knows where he is I'm so sorry for their loss.

Had there been searches in that area? Is that road below the mountain? I can't recall.

I can't remember either. IIRC, though it was reported that Joe was last seen running on the "Forest Service Road", but I'm not sure if this is the same road where the remains were found.

I'll be anxious to hear autopsy results. Hope they aren't inconclusive :/

my opinion right from the start was that he was right there along the road or close by off of a trail.

its a shame it took so long but at least it is resolved.

RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member