CO - Kara Nichols, 19, Colorado Springs, 9 Oct 2012, found deceased 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Women's group hires detective to probe case of missing Colorado models

With fears of foul play growing in the cases of three Colorado women who had profiles on small-time modeling websites before they disappeared, an advocacy group for women is launching its own investigation to see if they are connected or possibly even part of a bigger, nationwide case.

The National Women’s Coalition Against Violence and Exploitation has hired a private investigator who plans to look into the possibility of a connection between the disappearances of Raven Furlong, 17, and Kara Nichols, 19, who both had profiles on ModelMayhem.com, and Kelsie Schelling, who has a modeling profile on the site Explore Talent.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/0...e-missing-model-mayhem-teens/?intcmp=trending

It sounds like Kara's family thinks they received a really good tip in finding her!

KARA FAMILY UPDATE: thanks to the media attention on Kara (and the other girls) we received a vital tip yesterday. We have spoken to a Sgt. At the El Pasco County Sheriff’s Office today and provided the details of the tip to them. We must reiterate something we have said since November 2012 – if you feel your tips to police have been ignored or feel you have vital information that may lead to the whereabouts of Kara please feel you can reach out to us on Facebook (email) or by sending us a message at Tips@nwcave.org – this tip today (which the person tried to share with police for 4 months) may lead investigators to our daughter and we thank these people who felt compelled to contact Michelle Bart at NWCAVE with information that have been bothering them since November. You can stay anonymous but without knowledge of what others know we won’t be able to find our daughter – please reach out and we will look into everything we can that is pertinent to our daughter’s disappearance. – Paul and Julia Nichols

“Today, we continue searching for you Kara and hope and pray police find you soon!” – love and miss you, mom and dad.

https://www.facebook.com/HelpUsFindKaraNichols?fref=ts

Also, Elaine, Dylan's mom, commented to the post. Hopefully Dylan's family gets the tip they need to bring Dylan home as well.

snip from your link:

The tipster, a Colorado Springs business owner, tells TARGET 13 that he saw Kara Nichols for weeks after she seemingly vanished from her Colorado Springs home on Oct. 9.

The man contacted Kara's family Friday after he says he didn't get a response to two voicemails he left for El Paso County Sheriff's Office investigators.

The tipster, who didn't want to be named, said he saw 19-year-old Kara many times in late October into early December with a scruffy-looking man who was about six feet tall. He said it was in the area of Fillmore Street and Pennsylvania Avenue around some of the businesses there and in a nearby park.

"She looked like she was scared," he told TARGET 13. "It was like he was making her do things she didn't want to do."

fwiw, I lived in that part of town (Fillmore and Pennsylvania), I wasnt scared of it then, but I wouldnt be caught walking around there now days. Its a lot of duplexes and rental homes. Very busy street traffic on Fillmore, I hope someone else can verify what this guy has said. (btw I have no problem with rentals and duplexes I am just giving you and idea of the area)

If the tipster is truthful and he did see her, the description of what was going on seems like low level heroin pimp behavior. Surely local LE can narrow things down a bit based off of that alone.

If the tipster is truthful and he did see her, the description of what was going on seems like low level heroin pimp behavior. Surely local LE can narrow things down a bit based off of that alone.

He allegedly saw the man "pushing her in the face" according to that article.

I wish he would have called 911 rather than the tipline alone.

He allegedly saw the man "pushing her in the face" according to that article.

I wish he would have called 911 rather than the tipline alone.

Article said pushing her into a fence, I didnt see face.

Trying to stay optimistic that Kara's out there alive somewhere but it scares me to death to think about the situation she's in if she is...

Thoughts & prayers.

Nothing new in Kara's case? Her poor parents. :(

Sorry to quote myself, I guess there is not a thread for Raven?
Here is a new article for Raven...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/23/authorities-consider-possible-sex-trafficking-in-case-missing-colorado-teen/

"Michelle Bart, a (Raven) Furlong family spokeswoman, told FoxNews.com on Wednesday that "We have reason to believe she (Raven) is still in the Los Angeles area and being held against her will."

Furlong's case follows the disappearance of two other young models, Kara Nichols, who also had a profile on ModelMayem.com, and Kelsie Schelling, who has a modeling profile on the site Explore Talent. The two women are still missing, but there is no evidence that their cases are connected to Furlong's, according to Aurora police.

(On the other side of that, I wonder if there is any evidence that their cases are not connected...?)

I could find no thread on Raven but wanted to link this here because she has been linked to the young lady missing in this thread and another through the threes association with modelmayhem.com

Raven has been located and is now 18, she was spotted in LA at a taping of the television series American Ninja. She willingly was interviewed by LE and they found no reason to believe she is in harm's way or being trafficked in any way. She was released to go about her business to the objections of her aunt who is still convinced something is wrong.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/06/missing-colorado-teen-found-unharmed-in-california/

I could find no thread on Raven but wanted to link this here because she has been linked to the young lady missing in this thread and another through the threes association with modelmayhem.com

Raven has been located and is now 18, she was spotted in LA at a taping of the television series American Ninja. She willingly was interviewed by LE and they found no reason to believe she is in harm's way or being trafficked in any way. She was released to go about her business to the objections of her aunt who is still convinced something is wrong.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/06/missing-colorado-teen-found-unharmed-in-california/

Great news about Raven, thanks for posting. Now if there was just some good news in Kara's case!

While it is great news that Raven has been found, I can't believe how many people "go missing" voluntarily, worrying their loved ones and putting them through so much heartache, not to mention the hours and money that are spent by LE to locate them! Unfortunately, adults do have the right to be missing, and there are no laws against being selfish. It is such a hateful thing to do in this day and age. It causes legitimate cases not to be taken seriously, and is an absolute waste of LE time. The least you can do is make a phone call to tell people you are ok. She should be prosecuted.

http://www.koaa.com/news/search-continues-for-missing-colorado-springs-teen/

Posted: Apr 30, 2013 10:56 PM by Eric Ross
Updated: May 1, 2013 12:54 AM

We are continuing to follow the investigation into the disappearance of Colorado Springs teen Kara Nichols.

75306EB12913CCE4FD6BCF9AE6DB32BE_292_292.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett