CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did she take a gift to this party? Sorry if that's been addressed; I missed it if it has.

They are saying the 'only' thing she had with her was the red inhaler....so apparently there was no gift.

according to a post on FB, this was one of her favorite hang-outs--
"Higher Grounds" (It's a teen ministry of the local Youth for Christ organization)
Friday Nights 7pm-11pm
Open to teenagers only (parents of teens and youth workers are always welcome to bring kids and hang out.)
Monday Nights 4pm-7pm
Topical discussion & bible study and dinner.

Not to say that she couldn't hang out there AND be a troubled kid... but if this is her favorite activity... I'm leaning away from the runaway theory
MOO

I live about ten miles west of the Greeley Mall. Highway 34 is a major road we take to get to various lakes and even to Chicago or New Jersey.

It's always been obvious to me that the younger kids that hang out at the mall have to be exposed to a long walk and dangers to get to it unless they live behind it. I think about this on every visit to a business near the mall. To me, it's got a creepy feel to it compared to other malls and whenever possible we go in another direction and do a little farther to avoid it. That creep factor, I mean.

That stretch of road looks like if someone took her, they could be in another state just as easily as in another county if they're not in her best interests, and they could know the area from delivering stuff all along there. If you go when the parking lot is full, you don't get this feeling, but when it's not, I do.

I remember the Jonelle Matthews photos in the newspapers and on milk cartons, and how we worried endlessly, trying to think of places to look. I think that case gave GPD a black eye like the more recent Jonbenet Ramsey case in Boulder did for them. That's why the mobile lab is there, and it's the right thing to take a disappearance in a junction town very seriously and bring in 50 FBI agents.

"She never hanged out with the bad crowds," Wilson said Thursday outside her apartment. "She had her friends. She liked to hang out at the mall, go to the library -- you know, typical kid stuff."

http://www.wctv.tv/APNews/headlines/89812902.html

I think this has been posted already but I would like to post it again. This quote from AW is in the past tense. This just rubs me the wrong way totally.

i don't like to read too much into that quote from Kayleah's mom at this point...it does not sound like she has the best grammar and this use of past tense could be attributed to that...

i don't like to read too much into that quote from Kayleah's mom at this point...it does not sound like she has the best grammar and this use of past tense could be attributed to that...

interesting point but it is a slip up that happens a lot to those involved sometime, especially the uneducated. JMHO

I know-I guess I am trying to give this Mom the benefit of the doubt-I am still thinking that maye Kayleah got into a car with someone she knows...and that she could be OK and scared to come home...due to all of the media/chaos she has caused...at least this would be best-case...

What I read into this quote is desperation. She doesn't think K ran away or can survive on her own in this climate. Her daughter has been sheltered, I bet she'd say. So much so that she didn't understand the problems with a 17-yr old BF. Her friend that wasn't told about it? Maybe it's embarrassing to her now that it even happened.

Oh......I am going into panic mode for this child. However! I am relying on the best hope for her. And God Bless all the LE involved. Operative word for me is the word 'twelve'.....damn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member