CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what went wrong is that Kayleah was abducted by a predator in the parking lot of the mall or apt. complex, while on way to birthday party.

What else went wrong:
...her step dad consistently told media she ran away to her dads in California
...every article I read talked about how she was a run-a-way to California
...people suggested substance abuse was the reason
...people said she was pregnant
...people said she was a chronic run-a-way
...LE didn't engage the media for help because she was labeled a run-a-way
...without media coverage most people didn't even know she disappeared
...covered on NG by Jean (my favorite)... Pat Brown said she probably wasn't abducted because she was too fat!!!!
...people focused on bad mommy skills 'cause Kayleah had an 18yo boyfriend a couple months before
...LE said there was video of Kayleah at the mall and never released it
...LE said 2 witnesses identified her outside the mall but never told us the exact place
...family failed to engage the media
....mom told LE and the public her daughter ran away
...unfortunately this case has lack luster appeal to media

That's it for now, I'm sure there is more. Do we really need any more?

I think you've done a great job summarizing the thoughts and ideas, and make a very good argument for what may have happened to her. May the Lord protect her, and I can only hope that police across the country have her name and picture so they can be on the look out.

I've thought about this before - A person (predator) could have actually moved here months ago, got a job w/out drawing suspicious attention to themselves. Especially restauraunt and mall jobs, those tend to be seasonal, with a high turnaround.

Another possibility is that the predator could have worked for a temporary employment agency. Businesses do hire temps to fill their staffing needs anywhere from a few days to a week or two.

Thanks angiejean, I appreciate it. I looked for new articles and didn't see any.

This is about 15 miles (if traveling on highway 34 - the highway Kayleah needed to cross (or go under) to get to the mall) exactly west at the intersection of Hwy 34 and I-25 - HUGE N-s highway out here - goes pretty much border to border, I think.
I wish more places would do this more often on major highways. Get the pictures of these precious kids where people see them every day.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100512/NEWS/100519893/1051&ParentProfile=1001

Outlets at Loveland will display photos of more than 100 missing children on its LED billboard on May 20 to bring attention to the scores of missing children still out there.

Launched in 2007, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children's Take 25 campaign encourages families to take 25 minutes to talk to their children about safety and abduction prevention. The campaign begins on May 1 and runs through National Missing Children's Day on May 25 to bring attention to the thousands of children who are still missing, according to a prepared release.

In partnership with NCMEC, Outlets at Loveland will display the photos of more than 100 missing children from throughout Colorado or children believed to have been taken to Colorado, the release stated. The photos will be displayed from 5 a.m. to midnight May 20 on the LED sign located along I-25.

The photos will be headed by the banner “Have You Seen This Child?” along with the telephone number for NCMEC's toll free 24-hour hotline 1-800-THE-LOST or (1-800-843-5678), the release stated. The LED billboard is seen by more than 70,000 travelers every day, the release stated.

This is about 15 miles (if traveling on highway 34 - the highway Kayleah needed to cross (or go under) to get to the mall) exactly west at the intersection of Hwy 34 and I-25 - HUGE N-s highway out here - goes pretty much border to border, I think.
I wish more places would do this more often on major highways. Get the pictures of these precious kids where people see them every day.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100512/NEWS/100519893/1051&ParentProfile=1001

Outlets at Loveland will display photos of more than 100 missing children on its LED billboard on May 20 to bring attention to the scores of missing children still out there.

Launched in 2007, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children's Take 25 campaign encourages families to take 25 minutes to talk to their children about safety and abduction prevention. The campaign begins on May 1 and runs through National Missing Children's Day on May 25 to bring attention to the thousands of children who are still missing, according to a prepared release.

In partnership with NCMEC, Outlets at Loveland will display the photos of more than 100 missing children from throughout Colorado or children believed to have been taken to Colorado, the release stated. The photos will be displayed from 5 a.m. to midnight May 20 on the LED sign located along I-25.

The photos will be headed by the banner “Have You Seen This Child?” along with the telephone number for NCMEC's toll free 24-hour hotline 1-800-THE-LOST or (1-800-843-5678), the release stated. The LED billboard is seen by more than 70,000 travelers every day, the release stated.

That is so wonderful, wish they could do this all over....

In Houston, LE has released some grainy video of Alexandria Lowizter, who vanished a few weeks ago and is considered by LE to be a runaway (though clearly she is not, was on her way to get her paycheck and never made it)...my point is why can't we see the video of Kayleah? It can't hurt and can only possibly help...i don't get it...

OUR BEAUTIFUL KAYLEAH HAS NOW BEEN MISSING 47 DAYS!

Where is the justice for Kayleah?

I had to leave for some time..this stuff gets to me. Checked in just now and......let's keep praying.
eyes4crime-you are to be commended for your rally cries.

I was driving on my way to work this morning when I got off of the freeway exit and waited on the traffic light at the exit ramp. While I was waiting on the traffic light, I saw a banner sign posted next to the exit ramp. This sign was for cheerleader tryouts.

What got me suspicious was that it was not sponsored by a local school.

I wasn't able to get the name or phone number of whoever was behind this operation as the traffic light had changed to green.

Now this got me thinking here. Did Kayleah ever expressed any interests in cheerleading or modeling?

I just wonder if she could have seen a sign on an utility pole or along the highway for cheerleader tryouts?

I don't know, but I just have to wonder if this cheerleader tryouts sign is the real deal or if it is just a way for a predator to lure unsuspecting children and teens.

There are competitive cheerleading gyms that are not associated with schools. They are run as a sport in its own right, the banner you saw was probably for one of those clubs.

Here is one for example: http://stingrayallstars.com/

There are competitive cheerleading gyms that are not associated with schools. They are run as a sport in its own right, the banner you saw was probably for one of those clubs.

Here is one for example: http://stingrayallstars.com/

I think there is truth to both what Nero is saying as well as Natal re: child-oriented teams, leagues, etc.
We know that people who prey on children frequently seek out avenues that specifically cater to children. It's important to note that these are not always through schools or more publicly sanctioned groups such as girl or boy scouts. They are very prevalent in the private arena as well.

Some geographical areas have higher participation in certain sports, teams, interests, etc than others. Gymnastics, cheerleading, horseback riding, swimming, etc are often more regional than basketball, football, baseball, soccer, etc.

IMO, might not be a bad idea to find out what Kayleah's aspirations are. Does anyone have that info?

JTSYS

Hoping every day for good news about Kayleah. Bringing her to the front page for all of us.

Another possibility is that the predator could have worked for a temporary employment agency. Businesses do hire temps to fill their staffing needs anywhere from a few days to a week or two.

Yes, you are right. I hate doubting LE and asking this question, especially w/the FBI involved, but do you all think LE checked w/the mall stores, restaurants the other business around the mall to check and see if anyone had quit around the time she dissapeared? Or anyone living in the area apts. who may have moved there recently then moved away. (needle in a haystack)

Here's another perspective to think about. There are a higher percentage of kids these days that are not as trusting as years back due to education, media and parents regarding "keeping yourself safe" (for lack of a better word). Kids are taught not only about safe touch but what to do if someone tries to lure or grab you. There is much more awareness in the media regarding child abductions and the dangers of the internet.

Our schools have classes yearly, most churches, even entire faiths, are required to host yearly classes, even some of the clubs kids are in have some sort of requirement.

Anytime there is a suspicious incident or attempted abduction around a school, letters get sent home, kids are aware of what happned and most parents will have discussions with thier kids. I even saw a cartoon recently geared for toddlers about stranger "danger". (it was actually very cute :) )

So kids these days are more "aware" of the danger out there, especially compared to way back in my day. I say this from very personal experience, someone who as a child, escaped an abduction, thankfully to 2 bystanders (aka angels on earth :angel:) that went for help. Back then the subject of child abduction was taboo and the awareness wasn't as prevelant as it is today.

So my thought is.. if Kayleah went willingly with someone, that person had to have contact enough with her to have gained her trust...even a little bit. I just cannot see her going willingly with someone she had never seen before. (moo)

Yes, you are right. I hate doubting LE and asking this question, especially w/the FBI involved, but do you all think LE checked w/the mall stores, restaurants the other business around the mall to check and see if anyone had quit around the time she dissapeared? Or anyone living in the area apts. who may have moved there recently then moved away. (needle in a haystack)

Here's another perspective to think about. There are a higher percentage of kids these days that are not as trusting as years back due to education, media and parents regarding "keeping yourself safe" (for lack of a better word). Kids are taught not only about safe touch but what to do if someone tries to lure or grab you. There is much more awareness in the media regarding child abductions and the dangers of the internet.

Our schools have classes yearly, most churches, even entire faiths, are required to host yearly classes, even some of the clubs kids are in have some sort of requirement.

Anytime there is a suspicious incident or attempted abduction around a school, letters get sent home, kids are aware of what happned and most parents will have discussions with thier kids. I even saw a cartoon recently geared for toddlers about stranger "danger". (it was actually very cute :) )

So kids these days are more "aware" of the danger out there, especially compared to way back in my day. I say this from very personal experience, someone who as a child, escaped an abduction, thankfully to 2 bystanders (aka angels on earth :angel:) that went for help. Back then the subject of child abduction was taboo and the awareness wasn't as prevelant as it is today.

So my thought is.. if Kayleah went willingly with someone, that person had to have contact enough with her to have gained her trust...even a little bit. I just cannot see her going willingly with someone she had never seen before. (moo)

angiejean,
I don't think there's anything wrong at all in finding out what has been done by LE when a child is missing. It's not doubting- just double checking. Every second set of eyes has the potential to see something differently than the first set, kwim?
IMO, going storefront to storefront in the mall with Kayleah's picture is a very valid point. Does anyone know if that was done immediately- and if so, if it has been periodically redone- along with checking employee timesheets, etc?

JTSYS

I think there is truth to both what Nero is saying as well as Natal re: child-oriented teams, leagues, etc.
We know that people who prey on children frequently seek out avenues that specifically cater to children. It's important to note that these are not always through schools or more publicly sanctioned groups such as girl or boy scouts. They are very prevalent in the private arena as well.

IMO, might not be a bad idea to find out what Kayleah's aspirations are. Does anyone have that info?

JTSYS

Natal & JustToSeeYouSmile,

You're both right. I was able to see that banner sign again today. I googled them and it turned out to be a local competitive cheerleading gym.

When I first saw that banner sign at the freeway exit, I just can't help being suspicious about it though.

I have another thought about Kayleah tonight. I was thinking that if Greeley has a large hispanic population, is Kayleah bilingual? Does Kayleah speak Spanish? This might be worth looking into.

Natal & JustToSeeYouSmile,

You're both right. I was able to see that banner sign again today. I googled them and it turned out to be a local competitive cheerleading gym.

When I first saw that banner sign at the freeway exit, I just can't help being suspicious about it though.

I have another thought about Kayleah tonight. I was thinking that if Greeley has a large hispanic population, is Kayleah bilingual? Does Kayleah speak Spanish? This might be worth looking into.

Nero,

See data as follows:
http://www.city-data.com/city/Greeley-Colorado.html

JTSYS

our 12yo kayleah has now been missing 49 days

let's bring justice to kayleah!!!

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100515/NEWS/100519773/1051&ParentProfile=1001

As families lined up to have their children's photos taken, April Wilson sat at the other end of the table, photos of her missing daughter, silently letting people know what could happen.

The Safety Fair Saturday at Center Place Shopping Center in west Greeley drew many families and children, but probably the most-visited booth was where children could get a special ID card.

Josh Gonzalez of Best Buy was one of the people at computers, putting together the IDs for children. “This is our second year of doing this,” Gonzalez said. “We seem to have more parents doing this because of the missing girl.”

The “missing girl” is Kayleah Wilson, 12, who disappeared six weeks ago. Her mother, April , at the other end of the table, said there was no news about her daughter this weekend.

Dozens of booths, fire trucks, ambulances, police and sheriff's cars and other child-related booths were set up Saturday, including the Greeley Optimist Club, which had a bicycle course set up for kids to learn about crossings and stop signs.

There was a booth about child safety seats and a “smoking” building that the firefighters used to teach children about getting through a house fire.

And back at the children's ID booth, April Wilson said they ran out of fingerprint kits because so many families were coming through.

The search for the missing 12-year-old Greeley girl continues next Saturday, as her family asks for volunteers to search the Milliken and Johnstown areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne