CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is unfortunately a relatively common occurance when there is water involved in a search. Drainage ditches, canals, etc often have gates, locks, or other hardware designed to be opened or closed during storms, droughts and whatnot. Frequently they are intended to keep debris from blocking the drainage so it will not overflow onto roadways.
When there are storms or heavy rains or winds that bring down a lot of debris, drainage routes are sometimes blocked- and until the water rises above the gates or locks, whatever is upstream or upwind will stay lodged there out of sight of search teams.

Unfortunately, it is all too common for bodies to get caught up in this type of scenario when they are placed, fall, drown or otherwise end up in drainage situations.

An HRD dog might have hit upon this much earlier, but I don't believe they were brought out in searches.

What is an HRD dog..for those of us that do not know. TIA!

100519022552_greeley-body-12a03.jpg

Oriah - Thank you for all that you do for missing children. You are a determined, nonjudgemental, and compassionate person, and your dogs sound amazing. I wish you and JTSYS could investigate all the scenes of missing children. I would rest easier. moo :blowkiss:

Thank you eyes4crime, for your kind words.
If only there weren't so many. :(

I hate that this appears to be yet another heartbreaking outcome.

Wow....first picture I have seen from that angle, if someone fell from that height onto the concrete it would not be good at all. It looks like the board has been placed there by locals to use for crossing the ditch.

What is an HRD dog..for those of us that do not know. TIA!

HRD stands for Human Remains Detection. Sometimes they are referred to as cadaver dogs, but cadaver is a bit of a misnomer as HRD dogs are trained to search for any evidence of human remains- not necessarily only a body.

When LE makes their next press release they should tell us if her inhaler is still missing. If it is I hope they check the entire ditch on top, and underwater at the gates. It could have prints from the perp.

The thing I am hoping for most at this point, other than some kind of peace for her family, is DNA. Sometimes DNA can survive under unlikely circumstances.

It shouldn't take the coroner too long to determine sex, age and height. Hopefully they will disclose it when it becomes available.

Do we know if the FBI is taking part in the investigation? I may have missed that, if already indicated. I hope so...Greeley cannot have a great deal of experience in this type of murder, I would not think...

Do we know if the FBI is taking part in the investigation? I may have missed that, if already indicated. I hope so...Greeley cannot have a great deal of experience in this type of murder, I would not think...

I'm certain they are, since the Denver office was still on this this morning. However, again let's note that there is no COD released yet. The possibility remains that this is an accident.

Was there a presser at 2pm - that's Colorado time right? TIA

I don't see how it can be an accident if the reports are true that she was naked...partially clothed it would be a possibility but not if no clothes at all were found on her body, or nearby...

This story woke me up from HLN breaking news, I wonder if it is Kayleah :(

I'm certain they are, since the Denver office was still on this this morning. However, again let's note that there is no COD released yet. The possibility remains that this is an accident.

I was thinking that, too, that it was an accident until I heard the body was found without clothes. Is there a chance that the clothes were removed by the current or some other natural way they would have been lost?

I was thinking that, too, that it was an accident until I heard the body was found without clothes. Is there a chance that the clothes were removed by the current or some other natural way they would have been lost?

Water currents can absolutely remove clothes. Is this fact or rumor at this point (in regards to the body being naked)?

Also, does anyone know, when it was said that the area had been searched twice before, had they gotten the gates open and physically gone down into the water or just looked at it from the top?

IMO, it's not likely to be an accident considering the situation either- but after 50+ days in the water, with current, rain, change in temps, bacteria, etc...yes it is possible that clothing would be gone from a body or that it is downstream or on a bank or stuck somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smcox01