CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It took LE two years to claim that Jennifer and Adrianna Wix were missing under "suspicious circumstances". Until then, LE went with the claims that Jennifer left of her own free will even though the facts surrounding that claim were unfounded. Six years later and the case is still unsolved.

Yes, it burns me up when they assume missing people are runaways. :furious:

Kimster - I have always found the Wix case, that beautiful child, to be one of the most heartbreaking cases I've ever followed. This missing child stuff has got to stop! moo

ETA: Oops - sorry, I meant run-a-way child stuff has got to stop. And also children who go missing.

i wonder how many kids out there are considered 'runaways' or 'not endangered' by police and the fbi and are either laying murdered somewhere or being held against there will.

how many out there are alive that have been presumed dead for years, like jaycee?

for some reason im thinking of lindsey baum right now. cause that thread has gone into the whole 'runaway' thing. i really dont think lindsey ran away either.

i wonder how many kids out there are considered 'runaways' or 'not endangered' by police and the fbi and are either laying murdered somewhere or being held against there will.

how many out there are alive that have been presumed dead for years, like jaycee?

for some reason im thinking of lindsey baum right now. cause that thread has gone into the whole 'runaway' thing. i really dont think lindsey ran away either.

IMHO, there are quite a few.

However- we might want to remember that LE, the FBI, and NCMEC has Kayleah listed as "Endangered Missing".

There are unfortunately thousands out there. You can spend a lifetime looking for them, and never run short of new or old MP cases. :(

We all know it's the perps fault. However, there was a lot of momentum and good will built up in the days after it was announced that she was abducted. LE lost all of that by hesitating, and declaring her a possible runaway. Interest and concern waned. Then they said, "Meh, maybe she was abducted after all." Too late, people had already heard "runaway." Instead of having hundreds (or even thousands) of searchers, they had merely handfuls. Now that poor Kayleah's body has been in the water for almost 2 months, there is probably no evidence linking her to the perp. There is a child killer in Greeley, and now he is probably emboldened by how well things worked out for him. IMO he will strike again.

BBM
And he may have struck before. Are there any other missing girls nearby? Greeley, Colorado is near the state line. How about Wyoming, Nebraska, or Kansas?

I just hate saying this :(

The body was found against a gate, which very likely could mean that it was moving in the water or had been moved, especially with the downpours last night. It will possibly matter the direction of the flow, let me look and see if that can be determined. Since the area was searched twice, this could be the case.

angiejean,
From an update at Channel 7:
Police officers with probing poles are wading in the water to search the ditch for additional clues. There are plans to drain the ditch to see what else can be uncovered, according to Greeley authorities.

The water in the ditch runs east -- or toward Kayleah's home.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23606902/detail.html

BBM
And he may have struck before. Are there any other missing girls nearby? Greeley, Colorado is near the state line. How about Wyoming, Nebraska, or Kansas?
I'm in WY and know of no recent missing girls. I don't know about the other states, though.

As horribly morbid as this sounds, I am interested to see the basic time of death (how many days, weeks, etc) vs the amount of time the body was in the water. That will answer some questions about how long she was kept alive and whether or not the body was moved to the water after death. I am also interested to see if they will be able to determine a COD.

I'm always thinking of Lindsey! She was always said to be a run-a-way, wanting to be with her dad who is in the service. He, like Kayleah's dad, came home to show everyone Lindsey wasn't with him. I have always felt that calling her a run-a-way hurt the case in a terrible way. Caused rumors galore and her family was eyed with suspicion. I feel so bad for mom Baum right now. Maybe Lindsey is next to be brought home. IMO the two cases of 12 yo Kayleah and 10yo Lindsey have much in common. moo

Tymkowych said that area has been searched at least twice for Kayleah, who lives about a half-mile away from the ditch. However, the searches may have occurred when the water was low, or when the ditch was relatively dry. The irrigation ditch also runs underground from 47th to 35th avenues.

I'm still going to hold out hope that this is really the body of a 90 year-old woman who died peacefully and fell into a ditch. And then I want them to release the mall pictures. And if it's Kayleah, I'll continue to pray for her family, and pray harder that they find the person or persons responsible. Kids should not have to worry about being abducted and killed when they're going about the simple business of being a kid. That's what has got to stop. Period.

Tymkowych said that area has been searched at least twice for Kayleah, who lives about a half-mile away from the ditch. However, the searches may have occurred when the water was low, or when the ditch was relatively dry. The irrigation ditch also runs underground from 47th to 35th avenues.

This is unfortunately a relatively common occurance when there is water involved in a search. Drainage ditches, canals, etc often have gates, locks, or other hardware designed to be opened or closed during storms, droughts and whatnot. Frequently they are intended to keep debris from blocking the drainage so it will not overflow onto roadways.
When there are storms or heavy rains or winds that bring down a lot of debris, drainage routes are sometimes blocked- and until the water rises above the gates or locks, whatever is upstream or upwind will stay lodged there out of sight of search teams.

Unfortunately, it is all too common for bodies to get caught up in this type of scenario when they are placed, fall, drown or otherwise end up in drainage situations.

An HRD dog might have hit upon this much earlier, but I don't believe they were brought out in searches.

I'm always thinking of Lindsey! She was always said to be a run-a-way, wanting to be with her dad who is in the service. He, like Kayleah's dad, came home to show everyone Lindsey wasn't with him. I have always felt that calling her a run-a-way hurt the case in a terrible way. Caused rumors galore and her family was eyed with suspicion. I feel so bad for mom Baum right now. Maybe Lindsey is next to be brought home. IMO the two cases of 12 yo Kayleah and 10yo Lindsey have much in common. moo

police seem to take something that's a possibilty and rule everythingelse out. imo it never made sense for lindsey to run away to her dads.

I just googled and many articles say dogs were used in various searches for Kayleah...not sure if used at this specific site or not...articles not that specific...

I just googled and many articles say dogs were used in various searches for Kayleah...not sure if used at this specific site or not...articles not that specific...

I have only found tracking and trailing dogs in the initial search (LE K9's). I have been wondering if the Laura Recovery Center had other dogs out in subsequent searches. Please let me know if you find anything.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23283488/detail.html Did u all see this article?
Other rumors claim that Kayleah’s body was discovered near Greeley’s Arrowhead Lake or in a ditch near a local baseball field.

The rumors quickly spread to a Facebook page that friends of Kayleah’s family have created to help find her.
this was posted april 27th...please tell me there isnt a base ball field near

This is unfortunately a relatively common occurance when there is water involved in a search. Drainage ditches, canals, etc often have gates, locks, or other hardware designed to be opened or closed during storms, droughts and whatnot. Frequently they are intended to keep debris from blocking the drainage so it will not overflow onto roadways.
When there are storms or heavy rains or winds that bring down a lot of debris, drainage routes are sometimes blocked- and until the water rises above the gates or locks, whatever is upstream or upwind will stay lodged there out of sight of search teams.

Unfortunately, it is all too common for bodies to get caught up in this type of scenario when they are placed, fall, drown or otherwise end up in drainage situations.

An HRD dog might have hit upon this much earlier, but I don't believe they were brought out in searches.

Oriah - Thank you for all that you do for missing children. You are a determined, nonjudgemental, and compassionate person, and your dogs sound amazing. I wish you and JTSYS could investigate all the scenes of missing children. I would rest easier. moo :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CamSoup