CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BUMP! Sorry, I want everyone to know about this little girl. I found out about her by chance doing a haleigh cummings google few weeks back... I'm in wisconsin and there's no news of her my way... she could be anywhere now.....

Thinking of Kayleah this morning.

Wilson said, regardless of the rumors, she is confident that her daughter is alive. Wilson is helping to organize a motorcycle ride throughout northern Colorado to raise awareness about her daughter’s disappearance. The bike ride will begin at Thunder Mountain at 10 a.m. on May 1. On May 15, Wilson and a friend will hand out fliers at a children’s fair at the Greeley Best Buy.
“I’m trying to keep my head up,” said Wilson. “I’m trying to keep hopes high
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23283488/detail.html

Wilson said, regardless of the rumors, she is confident that her daughter is alive. Wilson is helping to organize a motorcycle ride throughout northern Colorado to raise awareness about her daughter’s disappearance. The bike ride will begin at Thunder Mountain at 10 a.m. on May 1. On May 15, Wilson and a friend will hand out fliers at a children’s fair at the Greeley Best Buy.
“I’m trying to keep my head up,” said Wilson. “I’m trying to keep hopes high
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23283488/detail.html

Thank You for that article. I was wondering what the plans were to keep Kayleah's name out there.

I want to tell my story about my daughter. She ran away when she had just turned 15. I contacted LE the night she left, of course I was told they could not take a report for 48 hours. I did get the cop to put the word out on his police radio. My daughter had never ran away before. My son said she talked about going to New York. There was a little piece put in the paper. I never doubted she ran away, it never occurred to me that something might have happened to her. I spent two weeks contacting her friends, asking them of names of other people who might know her. I contacted everyone every day. No one came forth with news. I finely contacted the right people, I never had heard of them. They said they had taken her to the airport and she had flown to Hawaii. I was on the next plane to Hawaii. I didn't find her, but I made contact with a Christen group that helps look for run away's. When I got back from Hawaii, I continued contacting everyone I could, i talked to the Mothers ask them to talk to their kids. Finely one of her friend told me she had called one of her other friends. To make a long story short, with the help of Oahu telephone co, we were able to pin point where she was and she was found. The reason I am telling this is Kayleah's mother and brother have got to keep up the pressure on anyone that Kayleah might know. I mean be relentless. I don't believe at this late date Kayleah she ran away, but it never hurts to cover all bases. Kids keep secrets, they do not tell their parents everything. Pressure has to be put on them to get them to tell what they might know. If I had just put up flyers around town I would never have found my daughter. That was 30 years ago

Thank you for sharing your story. There's nothing like the voice of experience to enlighten one's perspective.

I want to tell my story about my daughter. She ran away when she had just turned 15. I contacted LE the night she left, of course I was told they could not take a report for 48 hours. I did get the cop to put the word out on his police radio. My daughter had never ran away before. My son said she talked about going to New York. There was a little piece put in the paper. I never doubted she ran away, it never occurred to me that something might have happened to her. I spent two weeks contacting her friends, asking them of names of other people who might know her. I contacted everyone every day. No one came forth with news. I finely contacted the right people, I never had heard of them. They said they had taken her to the airport and she had flown to Hawaii. I was on the next plane to Hawaii. I didn't find her, but I made contact with a Christen group that helps look for run away's. When I got back from Hawaii, I continued contacting everyone I could, i talked to the Mothers ask them to talk to their kids. Finely one of her friend told me she had called one of her other friends. To make a long story short, with the help of Oahu telephone co, we were able to pin point where she was and she was found. The reason I am telling this is Kayleah's mother and brother have got to keep up the pressure on anyone that Kayleah might know. I mean be relentless. I don't believe at this late date Kayleah she ran away, but it never hurts to cover all bases. Kids keep secrets, they do not tell their parents everything. Pressure has to be put on them to get them to tell what they might know. If I had just put up flyers around town I would never have found my daughter. That was 30 years ago

Thank you for your story, im sure you feel blessed to be so lucky to have your child found... good job mom!

Little 12yo Kayleah has been missing 32 nights!

We need to assure justice for Kayleah!!!!!

bumping for Kayleah, I hate you see her at the bottom of the page.

Lighting a candle every night for you Kayleah, it is time to come home precious child. Prayer's to your family and loved ones.

_wsb_175x175_WhenAChildIsMissing.jpg

When Your
Child Is Missing

After the First 48 Hours: The Long-Term Search

Develop a plan and set a schedule with goals for continuing the search for your child.

Work with law enforcement to figure out what role you and others can play in the long-term search. This Guide can help, especially chapters 3 (The Media) and 4 (Photo and Flier Distribution).

Schedule regular visits with your investigator. Set up a schedule for you and your investigator to review the status of the investigation and to give each other updates. However, if you have new, important information, make sure that you give it to law enforcement as soon as possible. Ask your law enforcement agency about using the services of Team Adam to assist with the ongoing investigation.

Ask to see your child’s case file periodically.

You may recognize something meaningful that was overlooked or remember something significant that law enforcement was not aware of. Be aware that there may be pieces of information that law enforcement cannot—or does not want to—release to you because it may jeopardize or hinder the investigation. This is okay. Some states do not allow the release of police reports until a case is closed. Ask your search coordinator what information can be legally released to you or what you are allowed to see.

Keep a spiral notebook with you to record your thoughts and review it periodically.

When you reread your notebook or journal, you may find a passage that triggers a new idea or reminds you of something you had previously forgotten. Advise law enforcement about any new thoughts you have about the disappearance of your child.

Consider offering a reward for the safe return of your child.

Chapter 6 contains specific information on the reward offer.

Find out what Crime Stoppers can do to help with the search.

Crime Stoppers answers telephone calls 24 hours a day, knows how to take tip information, promises anonymity to callers, and maintains a good working relationship with law enforcement. If you like, ask to attend one of their meetings. If they agree, their telephone number may be a good choice for calls about a reward, because NCMEC will not provide reward information on its toll-free line.

Inquire about other programs that can be used for crime tips and rewards.

Talk with your law enforcement agency and prosecutor’s office to see if they know of other local, state, regional, or national programs that can be used to report crime tips or offer rewards.

Contact NCMEC, the state missing children’s clearinghouses in the 50 states, and other missing children’s organizations across the country.

Ask for assistance with distribution of posters and fliers. Ask each agency what types of services it has available to assist with the search. Addresses and phone numbers for the missing children’s clearinghouses in the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Canada, and Puerto Rico are listed in the Additional Resources section of this Guide. Some parents create a Web site to gather information on potential leads. Talk to your law enforcement agency about this and ask for its input. Use only screened and trusted volunteers to manage the Web site.

Keep community awareness of your plight at a high level.

If your child has been missing for several years, ask NCMEC to develop an age-progressed picture, then place this picture next to the original picture on shirts, buttons, and posters. Chapter 4 contains sample fliers you can use as models for your own fliers. Also, if there is new information about your child—such as a sighting or an interesting lead—make sure that the public is kept informed. But before you disclose any information, be sure to consult with your law enforcement contact so the investigation is not compromised.

Keep the media interested and involved.

Chapter 3 contains ideas for keeping the media interested in your story.

Make a list of things that others can do to help.

As long as you have specific tasks for for volunteers to perform, they won’t go away.

http://www.ncjrs.gov/html/ojjdp/204958/ch1.html#ch1-4

Kayleah has now been missing 33 nights!

Nightly mantra: - justice for Kayleah!

http://thekalyeahwilsonreoveryfund.webs.com/

Another way to keep spreading the word and keep Kayleah's beautiful face out there.

HOWEVER, I must add this disclaimer - There are things that really concern me about this. but I will note that I wish they didn't name the website with the word "fund" - It should be about Kayleah. , not about money - and I will advise people to do their research before making any kind of donation if you aren't fully aware of where the $ is going and/or who is managing the fund.

http://thekalyeahwilsonreoveryfund.webs.com/

Another way to keep spreading the word and keep Kayleah's beautiful face out there.

HOWEVER, I must add this disclaimer - There are things that really concern me about this, but I will note that I wish they didn't name the website with the word "fund" - It should be about Kayleah. , not about money - and I will advise people to do their research before making any kind of donation if you aren't fully aware of where the $ is going and/or who is managing the fund.

I don't trust that site. First of all, I can't find anything on a whois search. The webs.com is a FREE hosting site, so their little blurb that states "Thank you for your donations and help. Every little bit helps." is rather vague as to where the money is going. No indication at all who is behind this site, and what little information they have is easily found elsewhere (in fact, there is a significant lack of information). Under the link "about us", it simply says, "Kayleah is described as 5-foot-1, 145 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a white and pink shirt over a white tank top, blue jeans, and white and red shoes. Kayleah has been missing since March 28,2010 3:40 PM from Greeley CO."

That was not written by anyone in the family.

Last but not least, they left the "c" out of recovery.

IMO, it's a scam :(

eta: this isn't anything against you in any way, manybooks.

They have a "contact us" link. I asked them straight out who started the site and where the donations go... I'll post any answer I get.

Checking in and bumping up for Kayleah. I can't believe it's been a month and still no sign of her. Praying!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth