CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think if she was going to run away she would have at least had a jacket and backpack or something with her. She seemed to be headed in the direction of where she was going according to the video and witnesses and seems to have disappeared between the mall and those apts. I did not make it to the search saturday was down with flu but when I heard how few showed up it broke my heart. I am praying for someone to be able to help April and family with more structure to these searches. I wanted to do some more searching around Greeley but this darn weather is going bad again. I have been going over the Greeley map and see some places I want to look around. My husband is good about going with me he knows how many tears I have cried for this one every where I go I wear her shirt and look. Going to get some more flyer's printed and go replace ones ruined from rain and try hitting truck stops between here and Denver this weekend. It is time for Kayleah to be found, and Brittanee, Susan, Haleigh, Lindsey and so many others. I can not imagine Mother's Day when your child is missing. No family should have to go through the nightmare they are living. Lord I pray all things hidden in darkness will be brought to light, we ask you to send Your ministering angels to light the way to bring the lost and missing home.

I pray Kayleah is found safe. I don't believe she ran away. I think she was kidnapped either by force or lured away. My heart breaks for her family.

Just to make note of the possible runaway/abduction/enticement theory and heavily traveled highways that I was looking into earlier... heard back from a friend in the USMS. There are 11 girls currrently missing who fit Kayleah's profile (12 including Kayleah) stretching from WA- Lindsey Baum- to FL (several.)
CA, TX, AL, MO also included.

JTSYS

Just curious... how do you define Kayleah's profile?

Used the criteria we had discussed a few posts back. Age, sex, race, physical appearance, home situation, possible runaways w/o past history of running away or substance abuse, viable and known internet and/or web access (phones, etc) proximity to major transit routes, missing from cities/towns under certain pop. #'s, media approach.

Figured it couldn't hurt to look at the basics.

JTSYS

Used the criteria we had discussed a few posts back. Age, sex, race, physical appearance, home situation, possible runaways w/o past history of running away or substance abuse, viable and known internet and/or web access (phones, etc) proximity to major transit routes, missing from cities/towns under certain pop. #'s, media approach.

Figured it couldn't hurt to look at the basics.

JTSYS

Excellent criteria for data analysis! So you have found 12 missing girls across the country that fit into the criteria you selected. Any idea how many had dads living out of state? Or how many single moms? TIA

Excellent criteria for data analysis! So you have found 12 missing girls across the country that fit into the criteria you selected. Any idea how many had dads living out of state? Or how many single moms? TIA

Correct. And I believe all under that criteria had either single mothers and/or fathers out of state or otherwise MIA. But let me double check that, because I ran a couple of different profiles. Those parameters were the most similar to Kayleah's case- change a few details, and you get a whole new crop.

JTSYS

Kayleah needs to be on the front page here...she keeps slipping away to page two...

Things to do in Missing Person Cases When There's No News:

- Go back through threads and collect what you think are the top ten important links in the case, make a list of them, and post them. These lists would be great for both those familiar with the case, as well as people new to the case.

- If there's no timeline for the case, create one and post it, or begin one that others could add to. Find the most recent timeline, update it, and post it. If an existing timeline doesn't need updating, check to see if it's been posted within the last three pages of the most recent thread, and if not, go ahead and post it again for people new to the case to read.

- Write up your own recap of the story of the case and post it. Great for people who are new to the case, plus you get to give a voice to the victim.

- Go back and collect the known facts of the case, along with their source links, and post them. If you don't have time to collect all of them, just do whatever you have time for, and ask for others to add to it.

- Write up your own theory of what happened in the case and post it. Great to get others thinking about and posting on the case, and bring attention to it.

- Find a picture of the victim that hasn't been posted for a while, and post it so there's always a face to put with the victim's name, reminding people that the victim is a real person.

- Research to see if there's an updated missing poster and post it or link to it so it can be printed and distributed.

- Add to this list of things to do and re-post it. Please send me your ideas too!

Just some ideas :)

Thanks!
BeanE

Things to do in Missing Person Cases When There's No News:

- Go back through threads and collect what you think are the top ten important links in the case, make a list of them, and post them. These lists would be great for both those familiar with the case, as well as people new to the case.

- If there's no timeline for the case, create one and post it, or begin one that others could add to. Find the most recent timeline, update it, and post it. If an existing timeline doesn't need updating, check to see if it's been posted within the last three pages of the most recent thread, and if not, go ahead and post it again for people new to the case to read.

- Write up your own recap of the story of the case and post it. Great for people who are new to the case, plus you get to give a voice to the victim.

- Go back and collect the known facts of the case, along with their source links, and post them. If you don't have time to collect all of them, just do whatever you have time for, and ask for others to add to it.

- Write up your own theory of what happened in the case and post it. Great to get others thinking about and posting on the case, and bring attention to it.

- Find a picture of the victim that hasn't been posted for a while, and post it so there's always a face to put with the victim's name, reminding people that the victim is a real person.

- Research to see if there's an updated missing poster and post it or link to it so it can be printed and distributed.

- Add to this list of things to do and re-post it. Please send me your ideas too!

Just some ideas :)

Thanks!
BeanE

Clarification: A correction to my post re: the profiling of similar cases to Kayleah's. All 11 other girls (using the profile I stated earlier) did not necessarily have a father located in another state or absent for other reason- but had at least ONE parent in a similar situation. Use Amber Price- AL as an example.
Just wanted to make note of that.

Thanks BeanE for the reminders of how to keep a case alive when there is little in the media.

JTSYS

Well, in an ideal world, her picture would be posted in prominent places across the U.S. -- because I think there is a real possibility she may have gotten into a vehicle and went somewhere else. Perhaps someone can tell me, do cases like this get transmitted to other locales, so that authorities in those places can be on the look out? For example, do pictures get sent to various jurisdictions by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children? She could be with someone, walking around -- but how would people know she was a missing child if they hadn't seen her picture posted anywhere? If our society can make politics, international news, Goldman Sachs, "Lost," "Idol," Lexus etc. so visible, why can't we make our most precious of all children visible in order to help/save them?

I was under the impression the family didn't have a computer yet her mom says Kayleah use to look up cards on the internet and print them. Am I wrong about them not having a computer?

Well, in an ideal world, her picture would be posted in prominent places across the U.S. -- because I think there is a real possibility she may have gotten into a vehicle and went somewhere else. Perhaps someone can tell me, do cases like this get transmitted to other locales, so that authorities in those places can be on the look out? For example, do pictures get sent to various jurisdictions by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children? She could be with someone, walking around -- but how would people know she was a missing child if they hadn't seen her picture posted anywhere? If our society can make politics, international news, Goldman Sachs, "Lost," "Idol," Lexus etc. so visible, why can't we make our most precious of all children visible in order to help/save them?

ThePhantom,
That would certainly be an ideal world. Some cases DO get placed prominently across the country (and occasionally, the world) but others do not. There are many threads discussing why this is so. Unfortunately, all cases do not receive equal publicity- either in quality or quantity- for a variety of different reasons. As a result, it is up to us- citizens who care- to bring cases that are important to us to our own cities, towns, LE depts, etc.

I will post a list of certain major (and a few minor) transportation routes surrounding and outlying in Kayleahs case. Perhaps those WSers located along those routes could fax to their local LE and media Kayleah's missing poster. Please note that many of these routes cross several states, and in some instances- the entire country. Make note of where you and your community is, and fax her poster to surrounding Sheriffs depts and media outlets.

Thanks.
JTSYS

JTSYS

I was under the impression the family didn't have a computer yet her mom says Kayleah use to look up cards on the internet and print them. Am I wrong about them not having a computer?

Do you mind me asking where you saw that they did not have internet access? I understood that they did.
It is important to note that internet access is available in many different venues these days. Web-enabled phones, iTouches, schools, libraries, friends houses, etc etc.
TIA....
JTSYS

The public library is within easy walking distance of her home, less than 1/2 mile from her school. At the library, card holders can get 1/2 ihour nternet access any time. I don't know if individual use is tracked through the library. In other words, you have to show your library card and you get a code to get on the computer for 30 minutes, but I don't know if they actually "log" the use on your card somehow. I use it so seldom and I've never actually paid attention to the process
If so, I would assume (hope) the FBI has already researched this.

Clarification: A correction to my post re: the profiling of similar cases to Kayleah's. All 11 other girls (using the profile I stated earlier) did not necessarily have a father located in another state or absent for other reason- but had at least ONE parent in a similar situation. Use Amber Price- AL as an example.
Just wanted to make note of that.

Thanks BeanE for the reminders of how to keep a case alive when there is little in the media.

JTSYS

JSTSYS - So curious about the 12 girls you have found similar to Kayleah - is there any way I can help you with the data? Would you be willing to share the names and location of the 12 (11 without Kayleah). TIA

The public library is within easy walking distance of her home, less than 1/2 mile from her school. At the library, card holders can get 1/2 ihour nternet access any time. I don't know if individual use is tracked through the library. In other words, you have to show your library card and you get a code to get on the computer for 30 minutes, but I don't know if they actually "log" the use on your card somehow. I use it so seldom and I've never actually paid attention to the process
If so, I would assume (hope) the FBI has already researched this.

I am going to be at library today, I'll ask. (been wondering about that anyway, especially access to chatrooms) but you are right if internet use was somehow traced it probably would have been looked at. The only thing that worries me is an email account (gmail, yahoo, etc). You could have one, but not thinking this could be tracked by the library.

I honestly can't remember if they had a computer or not, I do know the vast majority of her myspace posts were done via a web enabled device (smart phone or itouch) and NOT via a computer. It was stated she didn't have an cell, so she was either using her Mom's (sometimes late at night) or someone else's or an itouch. Anyone close to the family that could find out if an itouch was even in the picture?

Here is one of my favorite pics that's been posted of her.

kw2e.jpg

JTSYS - Thank you so much for sharing your information, that that's quite a few girls missing under the same criteria....worriesome!

Phantom - Good points.

I had the same question regarding protocols regarding LE in other parts of the country. Didn't realize there was information on WS regarding this, going to have to check it out.

Previously, had wondered (prayed) she was out there, maybe in a larger populated city where she could hide. Wondered if she was staying w/someone at thier home. Not in Greeley though...I also think she was driven somewhere. Been thinking alot about her motives for running away...but nothing is adding up.

The fact she hasn't made contact w/her mom, dad, grandmother, a teacher, foster parent, friends or anyone that she may have trusted or loved in her life, just to let them know she was okay has really got me worried! She was well liked, had good grades, no history of drugs or "major" issues at home (that we know about) so this should not be a deterent for contacting someone.

Also, have been thinking about this...she has siblings at home, especially a younger brother, from all of the news reports and articles, Kayleah seemed like a sweet and kindhearted girl...she must be worried about how he is handling her being missing, his emotions and well being.

All of this, along w/the article in this weekends paper convinces me she is not out there as a runaway or hiding, something else has happened. (just my own opinioins and assumptions as always) :)

Praying for Kayleah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member