CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A question about clothing removed by water-wouldn't it be more likely to be completely removed if there were strong currents in the water-rivers, oceans, etc? It seems like the water here would be relatively calm compared to that and that there would be something left on her. A sock, underwear, something.

The question about clothing- yes oceans and swift-moving rivers/currents are more likely to remove clothing quickly and violently. But take into consideration the physics of an underground city water system. The pressure of the water is hugely increased due to the varying sizes of the piping used to control water. That will increase or decrease speed and velocity.
I think it is entirely possible that after being whirlpooled repeatedly that clothing could be removed. Not saying that is necessarily the case here. But I do think it is possible.

Officials: Person Found Dead In Ditch Was Killed

bodyfoundditch.jpg
The ditch where the body was found​

body.jpg

Copter4 image of authorities near the location where the body was found.​

Was there ever a time stamp given on the video at the mall?

I didn't see it in print anywhere, nor did I see which camera they pulled it from. If someone has that, I would love to know.

The question about clothing- yes oceans and swift-moving rivers/currents are more likely to remove clothing quickly and violently. But take into consideration the physics of an underground city water system. The pressure of the water is hugely increased due to the varying sizes of the piping used to control water. That will increase or decrease speed and velocity.
I think it is entirely possible that after being whirlpooled repeatedly that clothing could be removed. Not saying that is necessarily the case here. But I do think it is possible.

I'll add that it's also possible for clothes to get rolled or rubbed off in shallow moving water against the bottom (rocks, cement, etc). Also not saying that's the case here, but it is something that happens.

I didn't see it in print anywhere, nor did I see which camera they pulled it from. If someone has that, I would love to know.
they never released the video to the public, said what time it was captured or ANYTHING and I have always had an issue with that. For one, it would have provided the public with a more accurate description of her clothing, what she looked like that day (since her pictures were so very different from one another).

Thanks, nursebeeme for the link sure appreciate all of you who are taking pictures and posting maps. I am kinda out of it today my mind would not shut down last night, after seeing the ditch I think the body was in the underground pipes and the force of the water carried it down the ditch to where it was found. They would have had to smell something when they searched if it was there all along.

Hi all, I don't know if this has been addressed, sorry if it's a repeat. I haven't seen anyone else question the fact that the body was so decomposed that even the gender could not be established when it was found. I have a hard time believing that Kayleah's body could become THAT totally decomposed in 2 months. I know everything points to it being her, but that one fact bothers me. To me, it sounds more like someone who has been missing for a VERY long time, like years.

The more I look at it, I think you're right. If the article of clothing does belong to the victim, it's been in the water awhile too. Doesn't look like something they found up on the bank. Could be completely unrelated also. If it turns out to be connected I think that would mean it more likely that both have been at that location for some time.

Hi all, I don't know if this has been addressed, sorry if it's a repeat. I haven't seen anyone else question the fact that the body was so decomposed that even the gender could not be established when it was found. I have a hard time believing that Kayleah's body could become THAT totally decomposed in 2 months. I know everything points to it being her, but that one fact bothers me. To me, it sounds more like someone who has been missing for a VERY long time, like years.
it actually could have...
warning...decomposition pictures of pigs at this link

------------------

http://australianmuseum.net.au/Stages-of-Decomposition

the australian museum has an informative set of facts with pictures on the stages of decomposition. The pig was used as it most closely resembles the human body in hair and fat distribution, etc.

Hi All

I see on the Prayers for Kayleah Wilson Facebook site that someone Googled the three points, Home, Mall and Ditch - and they form a triangle. A comment made on one of the forums yesterday was "This is terrible, the murder man is in the holiday inn express, Near the center of the triangle" (comment #34)

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/kdvr/T1Q4NLCI1P090J8N6/p2

Apologies if this has already been covered.

I concur, it looks like he's got his fingers in the shirt to spread out the fabric, with the other hand helping to stretch it - looking for a logo or tag.

it actually could have...
warning...decomposition pictures of pigs at this link

------------------

http://australianmuseum.net.au/Stages-of-Decomposition

the australian museum has an informative set of facts with pictures on the stages of decomposition. The pig was used as it most closely resembles the human body in hair and fat distribution, etc.

Yes, unfortunately it's true. We have recovered bodies after much shorter periods of time that are in a variety of stages of decomp. A lot depends upon exposure, climate, humidity, bacteria, injury, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth