CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
omg... LE is going to have to search those tunnels and all access to them to figure out where this body went in the water.

I will go and bump up the link that someone posted on all the access to the tunnels... there are LOTS of manhole covers...

Yeah. That's often the way it goes. Even in smaller cities- these systems are labyrinths.

IF if I'm looking at the maps correctly, she would most likely have been placed into the canal before it goes underground at 47th then floated up to where she was found. An article I linked last night said the flow of the canal was northeast towards her home.

Looking at Bing.com birds eye view.

Not sure if this is it...but according to the Greeley Trib..the irrigation ditch runs open until 47th, it looks like there is ditch that enters the ground on the west side of 47th just north of Tuscany, next to the farm house. Not sure if this is it though.

Also, looking at the map, it would very easy for someone to pull into the road that services the ditch right were the tunnel comes on on 35th.

Has it been established if a person would fit in this tunnel?

That's what it looks like to me too on my mapping program.
As for fitting in the tunnel...bodies can fit in smaller places that it seems possible. Also (sorry for the graphic) but sometimes the changes that take place during decomp make for shrinking, swelling, shrinking again etc. So what might not fit through a tunnel or pipe at one point, may at another.

Quote from the Greeley Trib. The ditch begins at Boyd Lake north of Loveland, and carries water through the Johnstown-Milliken area, through St. Michaels Center to 47th Avenue, where it goes underground for about a mile.

I may be wrong, let me check the map again.
here is a map showing lake boyd and the spillway where the body was found. I will go back and follow the map to see exactly where it goes underground

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...93341&sspn=0.804086,1.689148&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=12

omg... LE is going to have to search those tunnels and all access to them to figure out where this body went in the water.

I will go and bump up the link that someone posted on all the access to the tunnels... there are LOTS of manhole covers...

Yes they are! Just following the open ditch backwards to the west, there are so many easily access points to the canal.

here is a map showing lake boyd and the spillway where the body was found. I will go back and follow the map to see exactly where it goes underground

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...93341&sspn=0.804086,1.689148&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=12

On my map program, it does show these as marked, as per the Greeley DPW but I can't link a map from my software. It may be possible to bring the markings up on bing or google earth though:

All Departments within the City of Greeley have adopted these standardized marking colors to
mark locations of buried utilities (policy on following page). The colors used are as follows:
1.) Electric - Red
2.) Gas/Oil - Yellow
3.) Communication/CATV - Orange
4.) Water - Blue
5.) Sewer - Green
6.) Temporary Survey Markings - Florescent Pink
7.) Proposed Excavations - White

IMO I don't think the perp would have used a man hole cover. I'm betting where the ditch goes underground. Makes sense that the recent rain would have been enough pressure to dislodge her and move her downstream to the gate. JMO.

2dvtyu1.jpg

I was going by the greeley tribune and also the video of the reporter. He is standing on the dirt road that runs along the spillway (part I was talking about in the map) and also gave the address... :waitasec:

Just throwing this out there. I saw a earlier article dated 4/18 which shows a volunteer checking a culvert in the town of Evans, Co. I wonder if she was taken there?

Volunteer Gary Jones of Fort Collins ducks down to search a culvert near Denver and 42nd Streets in Evans for Kayleah Wilson Saturday. Other teams set out on ATVs and horses to search areas off of U.S. 34.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100418/NEWS/100419640

Evans is located at the intersection of two major routes: U.S. 85 and U.S. 34. Seven large cities are within a 60-mile radius: Greeley, Longmont, Loveland, Ft. Collins, Cheyenne, Boulder, & Denver. Evans is within 25 miles of the Rocky Mountains and less than an hour from Denver International Airport.

IMO I don't think the perp would have used a man hole cover. I'm betting where the ditch goes underground. Makes sense that the recent rain would have been enough pressure to dislodge her and move her downstream to the gate. JMO.

Very possible that the body was placed upstream, either there or further up.

Just throwing this out there. I saw a earlier article dated 4/18 which shows a volunteer checking a culvert in the town of Evans, Co. I wonder if she was taken there?

Volunteer Gary Jones of Fort Collins ducks down to search a culvert near Denver and 42nd Streets in Evans for Kayleah Wilson Saturday. Other teams set out on ATVs and horses to search areas off of U.S. 34.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100418/NEWS/100419640

Evans is located at the intersection of two major routes: U.S. 85 and U.S. 34. Seven large cities are within a 60-mile radius: Greeley, Longmont, Loveland, Ft. Collins, Cheyenne, Boulder, & Denver. Evans is within 25 miles of the Rocky Mountains and less than an hour from Denver International Airport.

Well she could definitely have been put way upstream and spent all this time floating downstream instead of being stuck underground. And what a coinkydink it would be that she almost ended up back at her home.

Ok let me try this map;

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=40... 80634, United States___a_&mode=D&rtop=0~0~0~

Seems to work if you scroll over the number 3 on the legend it will show where I believe the underground ditch would run just do to building and road placements....

Bumping this map I made lastnight, shows where the ditch starts underground to where it daylights (close to where the body was found) and where I believe the ditch flows underground

No dental records? None?? That's sad.

When you follow the ditch upstream there are numerous places it goes underground and then is open again. It seems to follow 34 for quite sometime. I would believe she would have had to have been underground somewhere do to the fact nobody smelled or found her sooner ....moo

Bumping this map I made lastnight, shows where the ditch starts underground to where it daylights (close to where the body was found) and where I believe the ditch flows underground
thank you mystic! I was trying to find that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth