CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the article noting her Mother was notfied ' a body' was found.

Also includes a map of home, the Mall, the friend's house she was suppose to visit and to the SouthWest of her home ( OPPOSITE direction she was heading), the ditch where the body was located on 29th street.

Body described as 'white, bloated, naked.'

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23606902/detail.html#

A very VERY sad situation for any family to have to deal with.

Here's the article noting her Mother was notfied ' a body' was found.

Also includes a map of home, the Mall, the friend's house she was suppose to visit and to the SouthWest of her home ( OPPOSITE direction she was heading), the ditch where the body was located on 29th street.

Body described as 'white, bloated, naked.'

A very VERY sad situation for any family to have to deal with.

23609877_640X480.jpg

A map showing the location of Kayleah Wilson's home (A), the Greeley Mall she was seen walking by (B), the friend's home she was walking to (C) and the ditch where the body was found (D).

Thanks I was looking for that map.

I hope they do not determine that her body has been there all along, i.e. not moved by the storms, as I hate to think that the searchers were so close and missed her back in early April. Not only would her family have had an answer so much sooner, but evidence would be more likely to have been preserved. But there is nothing to be done about that now...except take note for future search teams, I guess...so that maybe something can be learned.

My time spent on here has lagged off since there hasn't been any news. I am very heartbroken to hear this news today. It's really awful to think I was right in the area taking pictures. One of the ones I posted was looking right at that area. Also, I can't get this out of my head now -- when my daughter and I were out, she pointed out the drainage pipes by Kayleah's house (the area between her house/road and the hwy). She wondered if we should go look in or take pics of any of them. It makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up thinking she may well have been in there. There is one pipe just west of her house (and, mind you, these are the large cement type ones) I keep picturing. It would run right in to the area she was found.

Back to finish catching up . . . .

23609877_640X480.jpg

A map showing the location of Kayleah Wilson's home (A), the Greeley Mall she was seen walking by (B), the friend's home she was walking to (C) and the ditch where the body was found (D).

The water in the ditch runs northeast -- or toward Kayleah's home.

~snipped~

If she was placed in the water at another site and the heavy rains dislodged the body, she would have been put in farther away from home, and moving toward it.

If the ditch runs underground from 47th ave to 35th ave where she was found the only open water I can find is Arrowhead Reservior and one other retention pond it looks like, that would be close enough to feed that ditch and the direction it would flow. Now this is just moo ......

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...742708&sspn=0.03367,0.090551&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=14

You will have to move it around a bit B is The cemetery area that the ditch is by where the body was found..... The ditch flows Northeast towards Kayleahs home ..... I am prob. just confusing myself ....:crazy:

If the body came out of the underground portion it was probably dumped inside at the upstream entrance. Where is that on the map? Whoever put her there would have been attempting to hide the body and that would seem like a logical place to do that.

Fox31 person states she lives right where the body was found and where her neighbors and her son had searched. She says that it runs under 34 to the northside of 34. The body was found on the southend of 34 by the south of the cementery. The body actually could have been carried right in front of her house.

Except the water in the ditch runs the opposite direction (west to east, or downhill).

I hope it isn't her, I know the odds are that it is. If it not her, it is another missing person that noone knew about. Anyway we look at it..it is a sad day and someone is going to be in pain. I pray that the families and loved ones of this person found has much support and love from the community (as we all find here). :grouphug:

God bless the family and loved ones of this newly found, missing person. :rose:

ETA: Also I am praying for comfort and peace to Kayleah's family during this difficult time. Words are so hard to come by at a time like this.
:praying:

The cemetery is just a bit north of where the body was found, per the map a few posts up. Not seeing a scale (I didn't really look though), they appear to be in very close proximity.

My time spent on here has lagged off since there hasn't been any news. I am very heartbroken to hear this news today. It's really awful to think I was right in the area taking pictures. One of the ones I posted was looking right at that area. Also, I can't get this out of my head now -- when my daughter and I were out, she pointed out the drainage pipes by Kayleah's house (the area between her house/road and the hwy). She wondered if we should go look in or take pics of any of them. It makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up thinking she may well have been in there. There is one pipe just west of her house (and, mind you, these are the large cement type ones) I keep picturing. It would run right in to the area she was found.

I can't even imagine how you must be feeling. Gee to be right in that area. I think I remember the picture you took too. Well I guess it was meant to be YS. Hope you are ok.
Do you remember Kelsey Shannons case? She was also found in drainage ditch. They search the area she was found in to. I guess its Gods way.

If the body came out of the underground portion it was probably dumped inside at the upstream entrance. Where is that on the map? Whoever put her there would have been attempting to hide the body and that would seem like a logical place to do that.

I keep looking at 23rd street, just to the west of the mall, where she was last seen. I imagine that if this is Kayleah (and I'm still holding out hope that it's not), she would likely have gone in somewhere in that area. As someone else noted, however, water should flow west to east (LeeH's post), in which case the body shouldn't have ended up where it did. However, in another report it was stated that the water would have run by her house. I guess that really depends on at what point a body entered the water/drainage/ditch system. Does that make sense?

Except the water in the ditch runs the opposite direction (west to east, or downhill).

Yeah I can't seem to follow the whole thing. Hopefully we get some answers soon.

I just got back from the vigil. There are a LOT of people there. I would guess 150+ and people coming and going the entire time. Most parked in the church parking lot - it is just a few steps from the area that we were allowed to gather, which was across the ditch and 20 yards or so up from where the officers were "guarding" the scene. ALL the news stations are there, hovering in the crowd. We all stood right next to the ditch. It was very eerie and solemn. They were singing as we arrived and mostly silent while we were there for about 20 minutes.
Saw MT being interviewed by the media.

Try not to beat yourself up too much. I know you fervently wish you could have seen her or known, but you can't. :(

But, with what you said about the pipe at her apartment, along with the map, makes me wonder if it was someone who lived in her complex. Someone who had watched her, knew her patterns, knew she walked alone. Someone who maybe even gained her trust. Someone who lured her while she walked to the party and dumped her that close to home-which is also close to his home...

Yikes, it reminds me of The Lovely Bones. :(

DH is home and we have spent the last hour or so looking at google earth and him telling me about the ditches in that area. His bestfriend in elementary school lived right there on 35th avenue/29th close to where Kayleah was found. He said he used to "explore" and hunt for frogs in that whole area when he was a kid. I actually have pictures of me when I was 2 or 3 sitting in the old cottonwood trees around there... It was mostly open fields and trees way back then. :)

The neighborhood homes in between 35th and 47th were not there at that time~ however the entrance to the ditch on 47th was. He said he remembers the ditch being open and not covered/tunneled in that area like it is now. You can see the ditch line on google earth and follow it all the back to the resevoir in Loveland, CO.

When we were on google earth looking at what it looks like now- we found what we think might be a city easement access point to the tunnel in between 47th and 35th. If you type in "4158 30th St Evans, CO" and go down to street view- there is a cement thing in the middle of a small grassy area to the east on a pathway. We think this might be a hole that opens up to the same ditch. Not for sure, but looks like it from the photos. If you look at the entrance to the ditch on 47th Avenue on GE the opening is also pretty big.

So many questions and theories have popped up in our home tonight... I am praying LE is finding and knowing much more than we are and will be able to determine a time/cause of death. Bless you Kayleah~

I don't know that is what I was trying to determine, is where upstream would be. The only way i can look is here on google and I can see the ditch where she was found and kinda follow it back where I think it goes underground but I have looked and looked and cant see any other open ditch in and around that area ....

As the ditch comes under 35th Avenue, on the W side, there is another gate (in front of Culvers) that is closed off and tied off with yellow police tape. Editted to add - from being there, this is the direction from which the water obvious flows FROM - the W. The oppostie direction from the mall.
From being there, it is my assumption that the body was in that area all along - the ditch between 35th ave and the place it was found - becuase it is off the beaten path a lot of trees to hide night time activity, but easily accessible also. I wonder if it could have been sunken and just came up? Although the ditch is quite shallow. Probably only about 3 feet of water in it right now, and it isn't running (iguess they closed it off?)
I can't believe I am thinking and supposing about such things... makes me feel so sick and very sad...

Manholes are another access to the tunnel/ditch. She could have been dumped in one of those - maybe behind the mall area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3