CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Strange indeed. Reminds me of that strange lady that accused her live-in boyfriend in the JBR case. I can't think of her name right now....

I thought there had been an arrest when I saw this in the awaiting trial forum. :tantrum:

Bumping for new Websleuths member

One of the members of Kayleah's favorite band, Celtic Thunder, passed away Wed. I think of her often. I'm not so sure the ex bf is guilty. I hope he is, but without a conviction for her murder, I will always wonder. I will never forget this sweet child. RIP Kayleah. I wish we had justice for you.

:prayer: You are not forgotten Kayleah :rose:

http://www.greeleytribune.com/news/...er-12-year-old-kayleahs-death-still-a-mystery

Five years could seem like a long time, yet still, when April Wilson sat down in a Greeley restaurant and talked of her daughter, her brown eyes still brim with tears.

April has Kayleah’s ashes in a container in her bedroom at home, and said, “I still talk to her every day”...

Despite the evidence against Montoya, Morgan said they didn’t have enough to arrest him for the murder of the girl.

The above article says that Robert Montoya's trial was scheduled to begin on Feb 1, 2016. I can't find any recent news on the Greeley Tribune about this. I also poked around on the Weld County District Court website and didn't have any luck with results. I wonder if his trial was postponed? Seems like there would have been an update if the trial had occurred.

Kayleah you will never be forgotten. :heartbeat:

The above article says that Robert Montoya's trial was scheduled to begin on Feb 1, 2016. I can't find any recent news on the Greeley Tribune about this. I also poked around on the Weld County District Court website and didn't have any luck with results. I wonder if his trial was postponed? Seems like there would have been an update if the trial had occurred.

Kayleah you will never be forgotten. :heartbeat:

I can't find anything more either. I hope this is the year that justice is served for Kayleah.

It has been over six years now and there are still no answers for those that love Kayleah. :(

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/05/19/kayleah-wilson-murder-greeley/

Greeley Police Chief Jerry Garner said he and his officers know who murdered 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson in spring 2010. Garner said detectives just need to gather enough evidence to prove it.

“We don’t have any doubts,” he said, “but there are standards of proof we have to meet.”

Today marks the seventh anniversary of the discovery of her body.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/news/...o-killed-greeleys-12-year-old-kayleah-wilson/

The Greeley police's file on Kayleah's murder remains open.

"It's not something we set on the back burner," Garner said.

He said as with other cases, Kayleah's remains open, and at any given time a varying number of officers might be working on it. He said he's confident the case will one day be closed.

"We would like to see anyone involved held accountable," he said. "We think ultimately that's what will happen. We believe we know who murdered Kayleah."

http://www.greeleytribune.com/news/...o-killed-greeleys-12-year-old-kayleah-wilson/

"Police were never able to make an arrest for her murder; they eventually arrested Kayleah's boyfriend, 18-year-old Robert Montoya, for sexual assault.

He was convicted of that crime the next year. Three years later, he won an appeal, and last April, the Weld district attorney dismissed the charge against him."

:what: Does this mean that Robert Montoya is no longer in jail? Hmm.

:what: Does this mean that Robert Montoya is no longer in jail? Hmm.

(rsbm) Yes, he was released in April of last year :furious: I still have faith in justice for Kayleah though...someday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nirvanita55
Back