CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
12yo Kayleah's naked body was found 39 days ago (May 19th) and NOT a word on who did this horrible crime.

JUSTICE FOR KAYLEAH!

There is probably no evidence with the body. The case may never be solved because of that even though everyone knows who probably did it.

I was hoping Kayleah's killer would have been charged by now. Prayers to Kayleah's family ...

I has been about 7 weeks-I wonder if results are back yet? I wish LE would say that much. But maybe they are waiting untle closer to next court later this month? I am hanging on to the possibility of DNA being found, it is sturdy stuff...

Montoya appears in court over Kayleah Wilson case
Staff written by: Jeffrey Wolf Adam Chodak 19 days ago

GREELEY - Robert Laurencio Montoya, the 18-year-old accused of having sex with 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson, appeared in a Weld County courtroom Tuesday afternoon.

Montoya appeared in court looking different after having his hair cut.

Kayleah's body was found in a Greeley drainage ditch May 19 after she went missing for nearly two months. Police say she was murdered.

Motoya was arrested on a sexual assault on a child charge the same day Wilson's body was found. In an arrest affidavit, he admits to having sex with the underage girl. Wilson also allegedly told friends she might be pregnant, according to the affidavit.

Montoya is being held in Weld County jail for the child felony on a $100,000 bond

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=141070&provider=top&catid=188

Hearing set on Greeley sex-assault suspect's bail By Bea Karnes, News First 5

Posted : Jun 16, 2010 6:33 AM
Updated: Jun 16, 2010 6:36 AM

SNIPPED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Police say Montoya isn't a suspect in Kayleah's death. They say the sexual assault charges are "separate and distinct" from the homicide investigation.

At a hearing Tuesday, a judge continued the case until July 22, when he scheduled the hearing to discuss Montoya's bail

http://www.newsfirst5.com/news/hearing-set-on-greeley-sex-assault-suspects-bail/

I just don't understand why there is nothing out there about this beautiful little girl. I think they have their perp; I wish their wording would put some pressure on him. I look at cases like Kyron, Caylee, Haleigh.... and I wonder........WHY aren't WE putting the pressure on him? What is it that makes the difference?

A little O/T. Her father is FB friends with her foster parents. What does that say to you? LOL; hope I'm not banned; anyone can look it up; I am her dad's FB friend. He is a wonderful man; so wish she had lived with him. NOT saying mom deserved this as no human does; my heart breaks for her.

Are they still waiting on forensic evidence? Was any forensic evidence still intact or was it destroyed by the water?

53 days since kayleah's naked body was found

no arrests - no updates

justice for kayleah!​

Dozens of Sex Offenders interviewed in Kayleah Wilson case

Dozens of sex offenders have been interviewed as part of the investigation of the death of 12-year-old Kayleah Wilson.

Greeley Police spokesman Joe Tymkowych told the Greeley Tribune that they're checking anybody who is a sex offender within a 100 miles of Greeley.

Tymkowych told the paper their search has taken them into Nebraska and Colorado Springs, about 100 miles south of Greeley. (more at link)

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=143454&catid=188

snip
The information released last week — that detectives had interviewed dozens of sex offenders from as far away as Nebraska or Colorado Springs — was a bit troubling to us. Police haven't released any information that Kayleah was sexually assaulted before she was killed.

snip
Kayleah's body was found naked. If there was a sexual assault, hope the ME got DNA and it was run through codus database. Poor beautiful Kayleah, her assailant needs to hunted down so she can have justice.

If DNA was run through codus and no match, that could mean a first time offender or an offender who has hidden bodies not yet found. I'm sure there are plenty of other explanations, but those two come to mind right away. I have no doubt people living in the area are concerned and I wish everyone safety for their children - always. :blowkiss: MHO moo and all that stuff.

I think the young man in prison is very much a prime suspect but that LE is doing all they can to make sure they are not accused of focusing on just one person.

LE is in a tough position with these cases. If they pretty much know that the suspect is in jail, for example, the community is safe from that person. But they can't really say much if the person has not been charged with the crime of murder.

I wonder if the newspaper was speaking for how the community really feels? Or does the community feel like LE has the right person in jail already?

When is his next hearing, does anyone know? Is it later this month?

Another article about the hearing includes a lot of details that were not in the public before about Robert Montoya.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=144855&catid=339

GREELEY - While trying to convince the judge to lower his client's bond Thursday, Kevin Strobel said Robert Montoya, 18, had no connection with the disappearance of Kayleah Wilson, 12.

Wilson went missing in March. Her body was found two months later in an irrigation ditch. Police ruled her death a homicide.

Montoya is not accused of murdering Wilson, but has been charged with sexual assault on a child. Prosecutors say Montoya, who was more than four years older than Wilson, had a sexual relationship with the young girl.

On Thursday, Strobel, a public defender, said there are no witnesses that tie Montoya and Wilson together after mid-February. He added Montoya has cooperated with police and even passed a lie detector test.

snipped from article:

Morgan also said Montoya's DNA was not found on Wilson's badly decomposed body.

more at link.

No DNA? And his lawyer says he passed a polygraph. This case will go unsolved without someone coming forward with any knowledge they may have. I don't see how they can charge him with her murder.

Just thinking about Kayleah today ... hoping there was news.

Trial Rescheduled Kayleah Wilson's Boyfriend

The trial has been rescheduled in the case of an 18-year-old man accused of having a sexual relationship with a 12-year-old Greeley girl found dead after she was reported missing.

The Tribune reports that Robert Montoya's trial was set to start Monday, but has been rescheduled for March 21. He is charged with sexual assault on a child, but hasn't been charged in Kayleah Wilson's death.

More: http://cbs4denver.com/news/robert.montoya.trial.2.2011026.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nirvanita55
Back