CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We don't know that they did not find some clothing...LE has said they found evidence and it is being processed...
I find it hard to believe that if RM was with her that afternoon/evening, that someone else came along and killed her. JMO, and I do not know if LE has said for sure that he was with her that day. But that would be too great a coincidence for me. Although of course a defense attorney would try that, we have seen it before.

wow they just said if they find a fiber or a hair on her it could be construed as previous consent?

let me edit,

SHE WAS FOUND NAKED

skin under fingernails could indicate a struggle, if it hasnt been washed away

ITA the comments that having R walking around loose, knowing he had sex with a 12 yr old, is yucky.
BUT, I have a thought on why LE may not have arrested him before they found K's body...

LE may have thought that, if they arrested him on the sexual assault charges, and he was able to make bail, that he would likely flee. By not increasing his level of concern, they were able to arrest him, get bail set (possibly for a higher amt since he was then a POI in the victim's death), and keep him there. Even if he had made bail right away, they had a better chance of making enough of a case to get an arrest warrant and keeping him locked up since K's body had been found. Before, they didn't have any evidence that he was involved in her disappearance because they still couldn't even prove that she didn't "just" run away.... (Also, they may have been following him to see if he did anything incriminating- such as, return to the scene of the crime- a cliche, but a true one...)

I know that some of those things, in hindsight, may not have made sense, but I think that LE might have been strategizing the best angle. I don't like the thought of this creep walking among us either... but I do like the idea of him getting nailed (if he is guilty) MOO

I think LE had an obligation to community to arrest him as soon as it was reported that he had sex with a 12-year old, especially since it was more than once and he seems to have stalked her. He was an active danger to other young girls. I would like to think they were following him 24 hrs a day, but somehow I doubt it. I think the arrest was timed with the body as they fully intend to charge him with her murder as soon as they have enough evidence. But I don't like the fact that Greeley had this guy wandering around and had no idea. Also, I doubt he could have posted bond, anymore than he has been able to since he was arrested. They (LE) is lucky that he did not rape any other girls during those 7 weeks, IMO...as it would have come out that they about his proclivities...

I wonder how many of the other "boys" knew Kayleah was sexually active? Her being found completely nude is very strange in my opinion. The BF was already having a relationship with her it just doesn't seem like this extreme would be necessary. That and then having to dispose of the clothes. Its getting too complicated for x bf.

BBM I was thinking along this line, too.

I wonder how many of the other "boys" knew Kayleah was sexually active? Her being found completely nude is very strange in my opinion. The BF was already having a relationship with her it just doesn't seem like this extreme would be necessary. That and then having to dispose of the clothes. Its getting too complicated for x bf.

I know it has me wondering too.

I still don't under stand what NG said abt kayleah being stuffed in a drainage ditch and then washing down to where she was. Did I hear that right?

I still don't under stand what NG said abt kayleah being stuffed in a drainage ditch and then washing down to where she was. Did I hear that right?

Did I hear Pat Brown right when she referred to Kayleah as large, yet again?

They haven't mentioned that he has been arrested for statutory rape or whatever it is he is charged with. Wonder if this was taped right after she was found and before he was arrested. How long after she was found was he arrested?

According to the arrest affidavit:

As of 051910, efforts to locate {redacted} have been unsuccessful.

IMO this indicates he was arrested before her remains were found, but IDK for sure.

I did see him in an orange jumpsuit but the rest of the show seemed like it must be taped, the news was more than a week old.
Yes, PB did refer to Kayleah's size, in saying that she always thought it was someone she knew as she was larger than most victims who are taken in an instant...I honestly think PB means that she was adult-sized, more than child-sized, but she does not have a way with words, that is for sure...
the more I think about it, I think this show was taped and Nancy has a long weekend...the bit about the body in the suitcase was two weeks ago...

FWIW, I was told long ago that NG is taped in the afternoon.

ETA
I don't remember who told me, but it was someone here, and at the time, I felt they were a reliable source!

I totally disagree about Kayleah's father not being in contact with her. He is one of my Facebook friends and is totally devastated. He traveled to Greeley to disprove rumors that she ran away to be with him. He is friends (on Facebook) with the Foster mother and her daughter. He cannot sleep and apologizes when he does anything outside his home. How sad is that? I think that, if given the chance, Kayleah might well have had a better chance in life. While I am curious about why she was put into foster care, I don't feel comfortable asking her father that question. He accepted me as his friend when I told him how I followed her case on here. I wish he would join us as I am sure he reads here.

I totally disagree about Kayleah's father not being in contact with her. He is one of my Facebook friends and is totally devastated. He traveled to Greeley to disprove rumors that she ran away to be with him. He is friends (on Facebook) with the Foster mother and her daughter. He cannot sleep and apologizes when he does anything outside his home. How sad is that? I think that, if given the chance, Kayleah might well have had a better chance in life. While I am curious about why she was put into foster care, I don't feel comfortable asking her father that question. He accepted me as his friend when I told him how I followed her case on here. I wish he would join us as I am sure he reads here.

Thank you for sharing about her dad. In a divorce situation, it is so hard to be separated from and out of control of what is going on with your kid. (This happens to me just on the weekends or summer visits and it makes me crazy- I can't imagine how it would be for someone who doesn't get to have primary custody of their child!)

And, IMO, I don't think a lot of people realize that if you interfere with the other parent's time/parenting, etc. you can get in a lot of trouble and lose what little time and control you DO have.

It is easy to be outside the situation and say what we would do.... but the reality is much, much different.

I feel so badly for her dad in all this...

:cat:
I'm so glad to hear that Nancy is on top of the *breaking news* a week and a half later. I'm sorry, that was sarcasm.

I'm AM glad Kayleah is receiving media attention.

Nancy Grace is too interested in becoming a Movie Star Watcher, like we care. She had days of Lindsay Lohan. I don't know what has happened to her show. I tune in to see if she what she is reporting, if it is something about Lindsay or some other star, I tune out. I got so sick of Michael Jackson I all most puked :sick: mhoo

Regarding RM's mom: Other cases here on WS, the child predator grooms mom through a relationship of some kind so he can gain access to the children. Or mom is told rehab has taken place such as mandatory classes and all is okay now. Or, child predator lives with mom and dad, siblings and sibs children - he looks normal and can say he is cured - just look - I wouldn't be living with family if I wasn't????? Aren't I the normal one now? So, I guess if mom wants to have a relationship, better the children leave and avoid being sexually abused. Sounds to me like mom was looking out for her SO boyfriend when asking the kids to leave - not really protecting her kids. moo

Regarding Kayleah's mom: I wonder if she was being groomed? Robert knows the brother (that's scary) and probably had been in the home before with no problems and never expected any kind of relationship to begin. moo

Good points, Eyes. I think it's interesting that her SO boyfriend's name is Jonas MONTOYA Garcia. I cannot help but wonder if there is not a relationship that goes back before he was arrested. Perhaps she was seeing him and his relationship with Robert or his sister is what led to his being arresting and becoming a RSO in the first place. It also makes sense, the grooming that you mentioned. This happens many times, and we've all seen it. I will give a personal example.

My husband's cousin has two children, a boy and a girl, with her second husband. He was apparently married before and two summers ago, his son from the previous marriage was sent to stay with them. There were problems, I guess, and the bio mom felt it was time for dad to deal with him. My husband's cousin came home one day to find the older, visiting step-son sexually assaulting her very young son (he was then 9, I think). Obviously, they tossed the kid out and what happened beyond that I don't remember. The following year, we attended a picnic and her husband wasn't there. Turns out, he, himself, had been arrested for being a sexual predator of children in the year following them catching his older son abusing the younger son- contacting them online and getting busted when the cops caught him in a sting. I never found out if he was an abuser of boys or girls, but this is an example of how that man was both a sexual predator, and turned his son into the same thing. This may well be true of Robert Montoya and Jonas Montoya Garcia, or Jonas Garcia may have been using Robert to get to children. I really think that whole scenario bears looking into, one way or the other. Especially if it's proven that Jonas Montoya Garcia had a relationship with the Montoya family before recently, it's very possible that he influenced (possibly abused) Robert. Again, he may have just used Robert to get to Kayleah.

Another point of my post, though, was to ask, Noway, if it's possible or necessary to change Jonas Garcia's name, in the timeline, to Jonas Montoya Garcia. I don't want to be confusing, because perhaps that they share a common name is a coincidence.

My 24-hours of edit time is up here but I'll note the change for the next posting (probably next thread).

I am still waiting to hear for sure that RM was thrown out of his mother's home for the reason he told April Wilson. In the affadavit, I believe it indicated that April Wilson told LE that this is why he left, but it did not say that this was confirmed. They were reporting what she was telling them. I am not saying it is not true, but it does sound like a sure-fire way to gain sympathy from Kayleah's mother and get his wish, to move in with them. JMO

SNIPPED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In the affidavit, Montoya told police that the girl would “frequently try and get him to physically abuse her during their sexual encounters.” He told police he did not abuse her.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100527/NEWS/100529726/1002&parentprofile=1001

-------------------------------------------------------------

Well this is an interesting statement, freudian slip perhaps, I find it odd that a 12 year old would be requesting such a thing .

And what about his statement about his mother booting him so she could have a relationship with a RSO .... well if that is true his mother should be smacked, why would any woman want a relationship with someone like that ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back