CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DEC 3, 2019
Chilling notes scrawled by killer Patrick Frazee reveal he begged inmate to ASSASSINATE witnesses | Daily Mail Online
  • Patrick Frazee begged inmate Jacob Bentley to kill all witnesses in the murder trial of Kelsey Berreth, photos of the notes obtained by DailyMail.com reveal
  • Frazee was found guilty in November of killing his fiancée with a bat at her home in Cripple Creek, Colorado on Thanksgiving Day in 2018, then burning her body
  • While he awaited trial, the 33-year-old banker was incarcerated alongside Jacob Bentley, 29, for nearly three weeks at the Teller County Jail in Divide, Colorado
  • Frazee became insistent that Bentley kill all the key witnesses in his case
  • The notes, scrawled on the back of commissary receipts and napkins, instruct Bentley to kill the District Attorney and his mistress Krystal Lee Kenney
  • Frazee instructed Bentley to dispose of the bodies 'in the desert' and another note reads: 'They all need to disappear'
  • The notes also contain a bewildering possible motive for Frazee's deranged crime, as he claimed Berreth 'tried to hire a hit person'

[…]

'At first he was telling me he didn't do it and he didn't know where [Berreth] was, then he became more desperate for me to help him get rid of anyone with evidence against him, and he started passing me all these notes, telling me how to do it.'

[...]

The extensive kill list includes Frazee's mistress Krystal Lee Kenney, her husband Chad, her best friend Michelle Stein, District Attorney Dan May, and several 'FBI and CBI members.'

[…]

Frazee even suggested that Bentley kill his own friend Joe Moore and Moore's partner Wendi Clarke, calling them 'cash cows' with '**** to sell.'

'He told me to rob and kill them to get the funds to complete the rest of the list,' Bentley said, who was subpoenaed to testify in the high profile case this November.

Frazee instructed Bentley to dispose of the bodies 'in the desert,' with one note instructing: 'Dump him out in the desert.'

[…]

'She herself tried to hire a hit person,' reads one note.

'That one was referring to Kelsey [Berreth],' confirmed Bentley.

Over a 10-day period, Frazee gave Bentley 17 of the chilling notes, always instructing him to 'flush' the information after he'd committed it to memory.

[...]

'He had a deep, quiet voice but turned his head to the side and looked down when talking to you. He wouldn't look you in the eye,' Bentley said.

'After the [TV] special, he was more desperate to get me on board.'

[...]

Eventually, after reading through Frazee's numerous notes, Bentley plainly asked about the murder.

'I said ''Look man, did you smoke your old lady? You're asking me to kill a bunch of people''.'

'When I asked that he gave me a look like ''you know what it is.'' He led me to believe he had,' Bentley said.

[...]

Bentley believes that Frazee's guilty verdict and heavy sentence was justice being served.

'He's a sociopath...I have no doubt in my mind that he killed Kelsey Berreth,' he said.

[...]

DEC 5, 2019
Sam Kraemer TV
UPDATE (1:45 p.m. MT): A court spokesman tells me there will be no update today. Frazee is scheduled to attend a Termination of Parental Rights hearing on Jan. 31. It's set to begin at 8:30 a.m., and the court has blocked out the entire day for it.

-------

FRAZEE CUSTODY CASE: There was a hearing of advisement on the custody case this morning, now following the conviction of Patrick Frazee for the murder of Kelsey Berreth.

We were kicked out less than a minute into the hearing — which has been the standard for privacy concerns.

If we get an update from the court, I’ll share that.

Remember, there are four players seeking custody of the couple’s 2-year-old: The Berreths, Patrick Frazee, Erin Frazee (Patrick’s sister) and Sheila Frazee (Patrick’s mother).

#KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney KOAA 5

Judge sets parental right termination hearing for Patrick Frazee

Dec 5, 2019

Patrick Frazee, 33, was in court Thursday for an advisement hearing in an ongoing custody case for the daughter he shared with Kelsey Berreth. Four parties are seeking custody of the daughter: the Berreths, Frazee, Sheila Frazee (Patrick's mother) and Erin Frazee (Patrick's sister).

The public was kicked out of the courtroom at the start of the hearing, as has been the standard for every hearing in the custody case. A court spokesman told News 5 Judge Scott Sells would not release an update on the hearing like he's done in previous hearings.

Instead, court scheduling shows Frazee is scheduled to return to court on Jan. 31 for a termination of parental rights hearing. Judge Sells blocked out the entire day for that hearing, which is set to begin at 8:30 a.m.

In Colorado, judges have the power to evaluate whether a person is fit to be the parent to their child. They consider several factors, like the best interest of the child, clear evidence of violence or abuse toward the child, and if the parent takes substantial responsibility for the child.

Advocates: Frazee-Kenney relationship an example of domestic violence

Dec 5, 2019

CRIPPLE CREEK — Rebecca Blair spends her days as a senior advocate at the Aspen Mine Center in Cripple Creek.

Yet, she knows the impact domestic violence can have on a family firsthand. Her sister, a former nurse, was in a manipulative relationship, moving from Colorado to Florida for love.

"It was like a whirlwind, because you never knew whether she was going to call you, whether she was going to show up on the doorstep, whether she was alive," Blair said. "He had control and power over her to the point that he convinced her to smuggle some heroin into the prison where he was. She was caught with it immediately."

Plainly, Blair said it ruined her sister's life. She lost her nursing license and was forced to find a different career.

[..]

Angie Trelstad, client services director at the Aspen Mine Center and a former Tessa advocate, said the situation is actually a classic domestic violence scenario. That said, she said there's absolutely no excuse or justification for Kenney's actions in the crime.

"It's so easy for people on the outside to look and say, 'How could this happen? How could she do this,'" Trelstad said.

She said the violence component of domestic violence isn't always physical. It's often a mental battle and ongoing cycle for power, and whomever has control can then cause the other person to act out of the ordinary, Trelstad said.

"Violence and power and control and trauma will get you in a place where you don't even know who you are," Trelstad said.

Both Blair and Trelstad approached News 5, wanting to share more information and raise awareness on domestic violence to help prevent instances like this from escalating in the future.

DEC 5, 2019
Frazee family continues custody battle for child of Kelsey Berreth and Patrick Frazee after conviction
[…]

Frazee appeared in court on Thursday dressed in a bulletproof vest and prison garb. Frazee's mother, Sheila, was also there in person. Frazee's sister Erin was part of the hearing over the phone.

Kelsey's mother Cheryl was present for the hearing via phone. According to the Victim Impact Statement, Cheryl wants full custody of the child through adoption. Berreth's parents have had custody of the young girl since December of 2018.

The court process continues with a scheduled Termination of Parental Rights Hearing for Jan. 31 at 8:30 in the morning in Teller County.

Anthropologist shares experience in search of Kelsey Berreth

December 6, 2019

DENVER – For more than three decades, a team of Colorado scientists have worked to help homicide detectives find secret graves. NecroSearch International has been part of some of the most high-profile murder mysteries in Colorado, including the recent adjudicated case of Kelsey Berreth.

[...]

Part of the work involves the witness stand. Recently, France testified against now-convicted murderer Patrick Frazee.

[...]

In February 2019, NecroSearch International guided the grueling task of searching the Midway Landfill in Fountain in an attempt to locate human remains.

The group’s landfill expert got to work, using an algorithm he developed in hopes of narrowing down an area where Berreth’s remains were most likely to be found. But even a general search area still has tremendous challenges.

[...]

The landfill search spanned about two months. Berreth has not been found, but it is possible her remains could still be at the landfill.

“Bad news is that landfills are incredibly expensive to search,” France explained. “It gets up into the hundreds of thousands of dollars very quickly.”

While France works for free, the heavy equipment used and time needed to search proved to be too much.

“As I understand it, they ran out of money and just couldn’t search for her anymore there,” France said.

Whether it’s the Berreth case or cases from decades ago, France says each case has resulted in some level of achievement because even if a body is not found, the unique team of 45 volunteers is always learning from success and setbacks.

“There’s a tremendous sense of family [in our group],” France said.

It’s a camaraderie of problem-solving experts working to find families closure and reminding homicidal perpetrators that justice will be served.

DEC 6, 2019
For more than three decades, a team of Colorado scientists have worked to help homicide detectives find secret graves. NecroSearch International has been part of some of the most high-profile murder mysteries in Colorado, including the recent adjudicated case of Kelsey Berreth.

[…]

That better way brings together experts from more than a dozen disciplines to determine the best ways to excavate in the search for bodies. Part of the work involves the witness stand. Recently, France testified against now-convicted murderer Patrick Frazee.

[…]

“We were contacted very early on,” France said.

In February 2019, NecroSearch International guided the grueling task of searching the Midway Landfill in Fountain in an attempt to locate human remains.

[…]

There are thousands and thousands of bones in a landfill, according to France. Most of the bones are not human. They are from human consumption of things like chicken and other animals. Determining human versus non-human is where France’s experience was needed.

At Woodland Park police headquarters, France examined bones brought in from the landfill.

“All of the bones that I saw there, and all the tissue that I saw there, was non-human,” she said.

[…]

While France works for free, the heavy equipment used and time needed to search proved to be too much.

“As I understand it, they ran out of money and just couldn’t search for her anymore there,” France said.

[…]

DEC 11, 2019
Sam Kraemer TV
NEW TODAY: Convicted murderer Patrick Frazee is no longer in custody at the Teller County Jail. At some point overnight, he was transferred into the Colorado Department of Corrections' control.

The reason I say overnight — I checked the Teller County Jail roster last night around 8 o'clock. Frazee was still there.

The DOC website has not yet updated where Frazee is. According to people familiar with the DOC system, he's likely headed to (or already at) the Denver Reception & Diagnostic Center, where he'll be evaluated before further placement.

We'll keep you posted.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
NEW TODAY: Convicted murderer Patrick Frazee is no longer being held at the Teller County Jail. At some point overnight, the Colorado Dept. of Corrections took control of Frazee. The DOC's website has not yet updated where he is at this time. #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth @KOAA
ELhU9WHU4AApclV.jpg

9:53 AM - 11 Dec 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
I actually checked the @SheriffTeller website for the jail around 8 p.m. MT yesterday. Frazee was still there, so I'm not sure when the transport was made. He's likely headed to the Denver Reception & Diagnostic Center, where he'll be evaluated before further placement. @KOAA
9:55 AM - 11 Dec 2019

KKTV 11 News on Twitter
We just got off the phone with the Teller County jail, who confirms #PatrickFrazee has been transferred to prison. He will spend the rest of his life behind bars for the murder of #KelseyBerreth.

10:22 AM · Dec 11, 2019·Twitter Web App

Rick Sallinger on Twitter
Convicted of murdering Kelsey Berreth and sentenced to life without parole, Patrick Frazee has now been removed from Teller County Jail. Listed in state system under "jail backlog".
ELhVcNjWoAAlC7H.jpg

10:55 AM - 11 Dec 2019

Ashley Franco on Twitter
CONFIRMED: #PatrickFrazee has been transferred to prison where he'll spend the rest of his life.
11:23 AM - 11 Dec 2019

Last edited:
DEC 11, 2019
Patrick Frazee transferred out of Teller County Jail
[…]

Jail records show Patrick Frazee is no longer in custody at the Teller County Jail. A search of the jail roster at 8 p.m. Tuesday by our news partners at KOAA News 5 revealed Frazee was still there, so the transfer likely happened overnight.

[…]

... Their records do not yet indicate where Frazee was taken and/or when, saying Frazee is currently on "jail backlog" status.

[…]

Several people familiar with the DOC system, however, tell KOAA News 5 that Frazee is likely headed to the Denver Reception and Diagnostic Center (DRDC). He'll likely be evaluated there over the span of a few weeks, before receiving further placement.

[...]

DEC 11, 2019
CDOC Offender Search

photo_not_found_original.jpg

Name: FRAZEE, PATRICK
Ethnicity: WHITE
Hair Color: BLACK
Eye Color: HAZEL
Height: 6' 02"
Weight: 205
DOC Number: 187025
Est. Parole
Eligibility Date:
Next Parole
Hearing Date:
Release Date:
Est. Sentence
Discharge Date: 12/31/9998
Current Facility
Assignment: JAIL BACKLOG

CURRENT CONVICTIONS
Sentence Date Sentence County Case No.
11/18/2019 Life Without Parole TELLER 18CR330
11/18/2019 48Y-48Y TELLER 18CR330
11/18/2019 12Y-12Y TELLER 18CR330
11/18/2019 0Y-0Y TELLER 18CR330

DEC 12, 2019
Patrick Frazee transferred out of Teller County Jail
[…]

Colorado Department of Corrections (DOC) spokesperson Annie Skinner told 9NEWS partner KRDO:

"Given safety concerns, we do not provide information about when or where offender movements will or will not occur. Once an offender comes into DOC custody, publicly available information about that offender will be on our website."

[…]

DEC 18, 2019
Patrick Frazee had 1,500 calls the week after he was sentenced to life in prison - KRDO
Before Patrick Frazee was sent to the Colorado State Penitentiary, he sat in the Teller County Jail for nearly a year.

[…]

His stay in the Teller County Jail resulted in hundreds of requests from outside parties to speak with him. The first were dozens of priests.

[…]

"There was at least one media outfit that did send money to Mr. Frazee," Couch said.

The efforts didn't work. Frazee never answered their phone calls, but presumably used the money sent to him for other calls.

[…]

After Frazee was convicted, he had more calls than ever before.

"We learned and we did turn it over to the District Attorney's office that he made about 1,500 calls the week after he was convicted. That's a lot. I've never seen or heard of that many calls being made."

[...]

"I don't know if he was a model prisoner, but we didn't have any issues," Couch said.

[...]

"I never saw Mr. Frazee display any kind of emotion in the brief interactions that I had, straight level. Nothing."

DEC 19, 2019
Woodland Park Community Rallies Together To Support Kelsey Berreth Family | The Mountain Jackpot News
[…]

Even though nothing anyone could do would bring back the beloved mother, daughter, sister and friend that left the world way too soon, some members of the small town community found a way to help the family. A key business member recently announced that many residents and business owners teamed up to renovate Berreth’s former residence in attempts to cleanse the property of any negative connotations it may have incurred due to the fact that it was a crime scene, where a horrific and brutal killing occurred.

[…]

… However, for the last several months, a crew of volunteers have secretly been working towards making Berreth’s former townhome a place that should not be tagged as “stigmatized” or having any sort of negative aura surrounding it.

[…]

… Just by asking, the G's were able to get the help from more than a dozen people and local businesses.

B, I, and friends from Factory Direct Flooring not only donated flooring materials free of charge, but they provided their labor to put in the new floors. Mountain Aspen Granite gave the home new countertops while Woodland Hardware offered up other essential building supplies.

Woodland Park’s Glass Brokers provided new glass for the home while Rampart Plumbing Supply gave materials to help with the project. Calibrating Air Heating and Cooling donated a stove and local real estate agent ST found other new appliances to put in the refurbished townhouse.

[…]

Now, Berreth’s former home has been renovated, just like it is brand new.

1214191320a_HDR-696x393.jpg

Other donations to the family included a bench donated by Williams’ Log Cabin
Furniture that was placed near Berreth’s former residence as a memorial for the young mother who was loved by many and left the world before she should have.

[…]

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Another FYI: The Colorado Dept. of Corrections has again moved convicted murderer Patrick Frazee. He's now being housed at the Arkansas Valley Correctional Facility in Ordway. That's about 90 minutes southeast of Colorado Springs.
9:51 AM - 19 Dec 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
The move comes after Frazee was transferred to the Colorado State Penitentiary last week. Not sure on the reason why. He was convicted in November in the murder of his former fiancé Kelsey Berreth.
@KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
9:55 AM - 19 Dec 2019

CDOC Offender Search
Screenshot (63).png

DEC 19, 2019
Convicted killer Patrick Frazee moved to new Colorado prison
[...]

The reason for the transfer is unclear, but for Frazee, it could be a step up in comfort. The Ordway facility is considered medium security, while the Colorado State Penitentiary is a maximum-security prison.

"We have internal processes for evaluating offender placement based on needs and risk. Mr. Frazee has been assessed and placed accordingly," said Colorado Department of Corrections spokeswoman Annie Skinner.

Skinner did not reply to a message asking for more detail about the assessment process or why Frazee had a brief stop at one facility before being transferred to another.

[…]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back