CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JAN 28, 2020
Krystal Lee Kenney sentenced to three years for her role in the murder of Kelsey Berreth
[...]
KRYSTAL-KENNEY12.jpg

Kenney leaving court on January 28
[...]

Patrick Frazee recently filed to appeal his conviction, which May said that it would take years to go through the court system.

Berreth’s family has asked the judge to revoke Frazee’s parental rights for the young daughter the couple shared. They’re also creating an aviation scholarship in Berreth’s honor, so the former pilot can continue to make a positive impact in the community.

548-16217.jpg

Name
KRYSTAL LEE KENNEY
Booking # 1
Booking Date 1/29/2020 4:03:59 AM
Primary Offense Tampering with physical evidence
Arresting Agency Teller County Sheriffs Office
Schedule Release Date N/A
Birthdate 4/4/1986
Age 33
Sex Male
Height 5ft 6in
Weight 180lbs
Race Other
Hair Blonde (Middle Back)
Eyes Blue
Glasses No
Charge Information
Description
Charge Type Bond Amount Fine Amount
Tampering with physical evidence Felony $0.00 $0.00

Tiger Roster | Inmate Info

JAN 29, 2020
Woman fears the worst after unknowingly leaving horses with convicted murderer Patrick Frazee
[...]

The Park County woman was moving to Arkansas to be closer to her grandchildren. She arranged for her farrier (a horseshoe expert) of five years to find a good home for her horses Easter and Cinnamon.

“He told me that it was a friend that he went to high school with,” Oliver said. “I thought I could trust him.”

That trust was shattered a month later, after the man she left her horses with, Patrick Frazee, was arrested for murdering his fiancee Kelsey Berreth.

[...]

Oliver says she’s been in contact with animal control, two counties’ sheriff’s offices, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, and the Colorado Branding Association.

Even after getting in touch with Frazee’s attorney, Oliver still has no answers as to where her horses are, and didn’t get any money out of the deal.

[...]

If you recognize Easter or Cinnamon, reach out to Alex.Rose@kdvr.com.

JAN 30, 2020
Krystal Lee sentenced to 3 years; how much time will she serve? - KRDO
[...]

"It's sort of an innocuous crime, it doesn't have any serious consequences like a violent crime would," said Criminal Defense Attorney, Pat Mika, who believes she won't be behind barbed wires and prison doors for too long.

"She is automatically eligible for a reduction of 25% reduction off the top of the sentence before she goes into prison. That reduces her sentence down to 27 months. She is eligible for parole after she serves half of that time in prison so that would give her 13 and a half months in her parole eligibility date comes up," he said.

[...]

"In this system, she starts getting processed out about nine months before her parole eligibility date so she could theoretically serve a prison sentence of 4 months or 4.5 months," Mika said.

[...]

Ashley Franco on Twitter
Back in Cripple Creek this morning for a termination of parental rights hearing for #PatrickFrazee. @KKTV11News #KelseyBerreth
EPnccz5UEAAO8OM.jpg

7:26 AM - 31 Jan 2020

Ashley Franco on Twitter
This basically means the judge could sever the legal parent-child relationship between #PatrickFrazee and the now 2-year-old daughter he shared with #KelseyBerreth. @KKTV11News
7:28 AM - 31 Jan 2020

Lauren Scharf on Twitter
Patrick Frazee walking into Teller County Courthouse this morning for the custody hearing of his daughter. #KelseyBerreth’s parents and Sheila Frazee, Patrick’s mother are also in court. @FOX21News
EPnwK0sUUAE8gpB.jpg

8:52 AM - 31 Jan 2020 from Colorado, USA

Ashley Franco on Twitter
Closed hearing as per usual in this case. Cheryl and Darrell Berreth are here in person today. This is the first time Cheryl has seen #PatrickFrazee since the trial. From my angle it seemed as though she could not bring herself to look at him. My heart goes out to them always.
8:59 AM - 31 Jan 2020

Ashley Franco on Twitter (Video)
Here’s a quick look at #PatrickFrazee going into the courthouse this morning. He wouldn’t comment ahead today’s hearing.
9:00 AM - 31 Jan 2020

Frazee and Berreth families in court for custody battle

Jan 31, 2020

Updated: Jan 31, 2020 / 05:44 PM MST

TELLER COUNTY, Colo. — Convicted killer Patrick Frazee met with his victim’s parents Friday to discuss the custody of the daughter he shared with Kelsey Berreth.

[..]

Friday was the first time Cheryl Berreth, Kelsey’s mother, laid eyes on Frazee since the beginning of the trial. The Berreths sat in the far left side of the courtroom while Frazee sat on the opposite side, usually reserved for jurors. According to the Victim Impact Statement, the Berreths who have kept Kaylee since Frazee’s arrest, want full custody of the child through adoption.

Sheila Frazee, Patrick’s mother, who is also fighting for custody, sat in the second row. She and her son made eye contact multiple times. Erin Frazee, Patrick’s sister, was not present in the courtroom, but wanted to hear the proceedings over the phone.

[..]

Within two minutes of the custody hearing getting underway, a motion was filed for all media and the public to leave the courtroom. The final decision was not made public.

FEB 5, 2020
DATELINE NBC EXCLUSIVE: INSIDERS SPEAK OUT FOR THE FIRST TIME ABOUT THE MURDER OF COLORADO MOTHER KELSEY BERRETH
[...]

During the two-hour broadcast, Berreth’s uncle SM opens up for the first time about Krystal Lee Kenney, telling NBC News’ Andrea Canning: “Part of me wants to strangle her. Part of me wants to hug her… she could’ve stopped this from happening altogether, and for that, I wanna choke her. But she finally fessed up. And for that, I wanna hug her. And thank her.” To watch a preview of the interview, click here. ...

Devil’s Bargain also features exclusive interviews with jurors in the Frazee trial, as well as video evidence and crime scene photos that have never been seen on television. Additionally, the special includes notes of a solicitation to murder key witnesses set to testify at Frazee’s trial.

vcsPRAsset_3576286_133108_0796d97e-2718-4da7-b0a7-e4c31e8b697c_0.jpg

[...]

FEB 7, 2020
'We never wanted to let her down': Meet the investigators who helped solve Kelsey Berreth's murder
[...]

9NEWS Reporter Jennifer Meckles was there for all 15 days of Frazee’s trial, and she sat down with Colorado Bureau of Investigation agents Gregg Slater and Chris Adams (formerly of the Woodland Park Police Department) to discuss Berreth’s disappearance and what they want the public to focus on in the aftermath of a crime that has drawn national attention.

[...]

Slater: For me, it was interesting as we started getting into the investigation, we were contacting people who knew Patrick, it was interesting how nobody had seen Kelsey, nobody had known Kelsey as an individual. They had seen her through Patrick.

That was a complete contrast to what Cheryl was telling us about Kelsey, so it was kind of a unique thing. It was really interesting, you really started to get a flavor for Patrick. We never got to talk to him.

Luckily, the first Woodland Park officer to take the call with Patrick had the wherewithal to record the conversation, memorialize it.

During that call, he’s not raising any concern whatsoever, even though he’s claiming this relationship was over. It’s just not sitting right with me that he’s not trying to find out where the mother of his child is. That was odd to me.

[...]

Slater: Despite what we think, everybody’s going to draw their own opinions on Krystal.

Krystal told us about how Kelsey had been beaten and burned and … in my mind I’m formulating ‘hopefully she knows where she’s at, how are we going to get search and rescue?’ I’m hoping we’re going to find the body, and when she tells us she’s burned I thought ‘how do I tell [Kelsey’s mother]?

How do you tell a mother and father that your daughter’s been burned? It’s hard to tell a parent, it’s hard to tell a loved one that their parent, or daughter or son had been murdered but to tell them this happened? I couldn’t do it.

[...]

FEB 21, 2020

CDOC Offender Search

photo_not_found_original.jpg

KENNEY, KRYSTAL J
Name: KENNEY, KRYSTAL J
Ethnicity: WHITE
Hair Color: BLONDE
Eye Color: BLUE
Height: 5' 03"
Weight: 180
DOC Number: 187885
Est. Parole Eligibility Date: 05/28/2021
Next Parole Hearing Date: Feb 2021

This offender is scheduled on the Parole Board agenda for the month and year above. Please contact the facility case manager for the exact date.

Est. Mandatory Release Date: 11/28/2022
Est. Sentence Discharge Date:

Current Facility Assignment: DENVER WOMENS CORRECTIONAL FACILITY

FEB 22, 2020
Krystal Lee moved to Denver prison from Teller County jail - KRDO
Prison records show that Krystal Kenney Lee, the mistress of convicted murdered Patrick Frazee, has been moved from the Teller County Jail.

[...]

Lee, who's listed under her maiden name of Krystal Kenney, is now being held at the Denver Women's Correctional Facility, according to the D.O.C. database.

[...]

CDOC Offender Search

187885.jpg

Name: KENNEY, KRYSTAL J
Ethnicity: WHITE
Hair Color: BLONDE
Eye Color: BLUE
Height: 5' 05"
Weight: 190
DOC Number: 187885
Est. Parole
Eligibility Date: 05/28/2021
Next Parole
Hearing Date: Feb 2021
This offender is scheduled on the Parole Board agenda for the month and year above. Please contact the facility case manager for the exact date.
Est. Mandatory
Release Date: 11/28/2022
Est. Sentence
Discharge Date:
Current Facility
Assignment: DENVER WOMENS CORRECTIONAL FACILITY

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics