Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller Co, 22 Nov 2018 #71 *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SEP 20, 2022
[...]

In their brief of appeal filed in March of 2021, Frazee's defense team brings up several issues with their client's murder trial and the prosecution's case. These issues include testimony from key law enforcement witnesses, the impartiality of three jurors, and evidence introduced during the middle of the trial.

Frazee's appellate defense team now requests that the judgment of conviction be reversed and the felony murder conviction is vacated.

In the Colorado Attorney General's response to Frazee's appeal, they request that the appellate courts affirm the convictions.

During Tuesday's Oral Arguments Hearing in the Colorado Court of Appeals in Denver, Frazee's defense and the Colorado AG's office had 15 minutes to present their cases.

Judges on the Court of Appeals division hearing the case are Stephanie Dunn, Matthew D. Grove, and Timothy J. Schutz. The three judges will not provide an opinion on the case immediately following Tuesday's hearing.

According to a spokesperson with the Colorado Judicial Department, it can take weeks or maybe months before an opinion on the appeal is rendered.

[...]

I hope they keep this disgusting person the full term . I hope she is reminded everyday of the things she did. I hope she has nightmares every night for the rest of her life . I hope she smells that fire every night in her dreams. I hope she sees the look of disgust when people see her I hope she sees it every time her children look at her . I got a lot of hope for this horrible person none of it good just my opinion
No way. The person who cleaned another, murdered, woman’s blood and body matter and then drove to Sonic to eat is hopeless. JMO.

Really now, not enough evidence?! They must be kidding.

Patrick Frazee is currently serving life in prison after being found guilty of killing Kelsey Berreth in Teller County. Attorneys representing Frazee were back in court on Tuesday. The defense team claims there was juror misconduct in the original trial, adding the prosecutor’s key witness is not credible. Krystal Lee, the former mistress of Frazee, accepted a plea agreement for her role in cleaning up the crime scene and acted as the key witness. The defense also claims there wasn’t enough evidence in the case as Berreth’s body hasn’t been recovered.

Which expert witness, I wonder. ?

SEP 20, 2022
[...]

Frazee's attorney claimed testimony from an expert witness should not have been admissible in court and that three jurors had engaged in juror misconduct for Frazee's jury trial.

After hearing the claims, the prosecution said there was "overwhelming evidence" that Frazee was guilty of killing Berreth.

"Few if any errors occurred" during Frazee's trial, prosecutors said, and any errors that did occur were "harmless."

[...]

This feels like rejoicing over those horrible loud obnoxious next door neighbors moving away, and then waking up this morning and seeing them drive up and start moving in again.
I can’t believe even the Frazee’s would have the audacity to try this. I’m sure Ma is behind it.
This is very upsetting.

Oh gosh, they characterized him badly. :rolleyes:

SEP 21, 2022
[...]

In their appeal brief, attorneys for Frazee argued that three jurors discussed the case during his trial and formed opinions prior to deliberations. They also argued that when the court became aware, not enough was done to address the potential issues.

The defense also took issue with some of the evidence presented at trial, including the failure of the court to suppress statements Frazee made to a Department of Human Services worker while he was being held at the Teller County Jail.

His team alleged that prosecutors were repeatedly allowed to present "irrelevant, unfairly prejudicial bad character evidence."

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouTanner
Back